Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

I mean if the controls are good and the graphics are cool... and of course the on-line works which i;m sure it does..

It makes for an awesome multiplayer.(bar split screen of course)

It depends on what you want the game for it seems.. If you don't have on-line or have no access to it. it seems it might be wise to avoid this one.. but for multiplayer I can't see it falling sort in being one of the best on wii.. at least for on-line.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not worried, so what if the one player game is repetitive, I'll play through it a couple of times and then play it online after that, like I do with Mario Kart.

If this can have a similar group that we have for Mario Kart, we'll be playing this in a years time. Team matches will be epic.

I'm not worried, so what if the one player game is repetitive, I'll play through it a couple of times and then play it online after that, like I do with Mario Kart.

If this can have a similar group that we have for Mario Kart, we'll be playing this in a years time. Team matches will be epic.

Here's hoping. And you're right - well implemented online features are probably the best and most proven way of extending longevity. If only nintendo embraced this too!!

I'll just wait for EDGE's review...

Edge reviews are great. I loved the Killzone score best - HotD Overkill and Lets Tap > Killzone 2 hahahah

But seriously, I think Edge reviews can be a bit of a lottery!

Lets hope so, I hope we have a good league on the go when it comes out!

Nintendo Power review:

The Conduit – “worthwhile endeavor” but wouldn’t “make as big an impact on a competing console”

Pros

-large amount of customization

-good weapon selection

-Intriguing locals (Library of Congress, Pentagon, etc.)

-“platform defining online play”

-Bounty Hunter mode

-best pure first person shooter on the Wii

Cons

-story is rote

-enemy AI fails to impress

-little innovation to speak of (outside if the controls)

-level of detail in the environment can be inconsistent at times

-no destructible environments

-The “All Seeing Eye” is a cool idea but underutilized

-the abrupt, Halo-esque ending (hints at a sequel?)

You can't mark a game down for not having destructible environments. No game has it. Yes, on the more powerful consoles there is terrain deformation and destructible stuff in the likes of Red Faction but it's all scripted basically. It's an absolutely mote point to mark it down on. It just shows ignorance to the genre and lack of reviewing ability. It's as if he was looking for something to balance out the good and the bad and just picked something completely at random that won't have an effect on how people view the game.

Have we had any clarification on release date for this?

Game and Gameplay both showing a 12th June release... 5 days away!! However, I would prefer to buy from Amazon as I have £20 of vouchers to use but it's showing 26th June!? Very odd.

You can't mark a game down for not having destructible environments. No game has it. Yes, on the more powerful consoles there is terrain deformation and destructible stuff in the likes of Red Faction but it's all scripted basically. It's an absolutely mote point to mark it down on. It just shows ignorance to the genre and lack of reviewing ability. It's as if he was looking for something to balance out the good and the bad and just picked something completely at random that won't have an effect on how people view the game.

I think they were thinking more like in Red Steel. You shoot a car, it explodes. You shoot a wood object. it breaks. You shoot a window... I think you see what I mean.

I think they were thinking more like in Red Steel. You shoot a car, it explodes. You shoot a wood object. it breaks. You shoot a window... I think you see what I mean.

Start saving your ammo boy. That stuff ain't cheep, and you gonna need plenty of it when i'm hunting you down online :p

Start saving your ammo boy. That stuff ain't cheep, and you gonna need plenty of it when i'm hunting you down online :p

Shooting the cars was a good way of saving ammo in some levels of Red Steel (which was actually rather generous with ammo anyway). Especially that garage level. I see what you mean though. Although, I usually die before I run out of ammo online.

Actually, HVS is squeezing so much power out of the Wii, I doubt they would be able to do anything like this.

Videos from people playing multiplayer at E3

The mulitplayer level in the second video reminds me of goldeneye for some reason, also, its looks HUGE!

Hours will be lost with this game.

Edited by lostmario

According to reggie this game will take the halo audience.

Here's the reply I posted to that on the news comments:

Simple answer. No. Nintendo don't have a chance to win over the Halo fanboys this generation. While some may buy it, they're not going to be won over. Most Halo fanboys I know hate the Wii and all games for it, regardless of how good they are. Anyone remember that comic that was posted before E3 on the forums. That's what Halo fanboys are really like.

You could say at most, that Halo is a bunch of features that were good in other games, combined into 1 generic FPS with a decent story. Things like regenerating health, mapping grenades to a different button, ect, were all used in other games before Halo.

I didn't feel like re-typing it. I was probably a little harsh on the Halo games, but not some of the Halo fanboys. Please don't consider it a personal attack on anyone who liked the Halo games. I'm more talking about chavs here.

Its far too late to win a good number of 'Halo fans' over- if they have access to a Wii, they'll possibly play, but to buy a Wii? Not a chance. If Nintendo had invested early on in deals for exclusive FPS (it was clear from the original Xbox that this was a lucrative market for Microsoft), it'd be a very different story. But Nintendo felt what the FPS fan needed was WiiSports or WarioWare.

If Nintendo want the Halo fans (ie. gamers who follow up their console purchases by actually buying new games), they need to hit the ground running next gen- alongside Nintendo's big hitters, lets see The Big N money-hat exclusive iterations of GTA, Call of Duty, for release in the launch year.

Its far too late to win a good number of 'Halo fans' over- if they have access to a Wii, they'll possibly play, but to buy a Wii? Not a chance. If Nintendo had invested early on in deals for exclusive FPS (it was clear from the original Xbox that this was a lucrative market for Microsoft), it'd be a very different story. But Nintendo felt what the FPS fan needed was WiiSports or WarioWare.

If Nintendo want the Halo fans (ie. gamers who follow up their console purchases by actually buying new games), they need to hit the ground running next gen- alongside Nintendo's big hitters, lets see The Big N money-hat exclusive iterations of GTA, Call of Duty, for release in the launch year.

That is an important issue - Nintendo also have enough money to get companies like Activision to give us versions of games like MW2. I realise Nintendo are a business, but where does all that money go??? I'd like to see it spent on either developing new AAA titles or getting third parties to bring their big titles to Wii. When you look at a lot of Nintendo's output this year - it's cost sweet FA to produce!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!