N-Europe

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember "A" listers are more likely to see it as beneath them and come in record there lines as quick as possible and collect there cheque. Not saying all "A" listers would do that and even lesser celeb's still might do it in the end. But it's at least some sort of reason against the more expensive celeb.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.cubed3.com/news/10944

Conduit Publisher Revealed?

The Publisher for High Voltage Software's The Conduit may have been unwittingly revealed to be none other than the one-time rival to Nintendo; Sega.

On a list of future games to come from Sega, including MadWorld, Sonic and the Black Knight and Infinite Space, there is a folder for The Conduit, currently empty whilst all of the others have been updated with recent trailer and Screenshot releases.

It was previously speculated from developer comments that Nintendo themselves would publish the anticipated First Person Shooter, but now it looks to be Sega who will continue their excellent Wii support. Sega have yet to confirm if they are indeed the publisher.

Thanks to the folks at Neogaf.

Said list here.

Great if true, Sega have been doing brilliantly on Wii so far. :D

Been taken down from the list. Appears something was put it which shouldn't have been put up :heh:. Anybody think we'll know who it is officially by the end of the year? The game is due out in Q1 of 2009 so now would be a suitable time to do it. But then, announcing a publisher isn't that big a deal so I could see reasoning for not saying anything until they announce the official release date.

Either way, I think High Voltage have played the game perfectly so far. They've made a heck of a load of people aware of the game, and thousands are interested. The best thing they can do is to just let The Conduit simmer down until next year.

Once the rush of major Christmas releases are over, and the March release (for USA) gets on the horizon, they can really start to crank up the hype until it hits eleven by late Feb. They keep talking about amazing new areas of the game that no-one has seen yet, plus they've kept completely mum on online multiplayer. They should wait until 09 before coming out all guns blazing, and providing the actual game is as solid as it should be (very positive signs so far), you've got all the ingredients tactically played for a gurantee smash-hit.

Nintendo has no franchise in the FPS genre, and i think its about time they invested in a quality western developer with a track record to carry out such a task.

Geist is Nintendo's.

Confirmed...

http://n-europe.com/news.php?nid=12534

Well, I had my money on THQ right the way through till yesterday, but Sega will be just as good I guess.

Geist is Nintendo's.

A franchise which Nintendo have, at least as far as we know, absolutely no plans to continue.

I'd love to see a Wii-vised Geist. I really liked the Gamecube version, a Wii version would no doubt improve the controls and framerate- the two main criticisms of the original.

Nintendo has no franchise in the FPS genre, and i think its about time they invested in a quality western developer with a track record to carry out such a task.

Even if Nintendo published it, it still wouldn't be a Nintendo FPS, unless they bought High Voltage.