Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2009 is going to be fucking incredible for Wii owners :D

2008 is going to be....unnecessarily transitional!

Incredible? I don't understand your definition of incredible I'm sorry. The Conduit is only hopeful because its the first ground-up FPS game for Wii, it doesn't even look that great compared to most other shooters.

Incredible? I don't understand your definition of incredible I'm sorry. The Conduit is only hopeful because its the first ground-up FPS game for Wii, it doesn't even look that great compared to most other shooters.

Don't compare this to FPS games on 360 and PS3, please. The graphics are more advanced than what I've seen in any FPS for the Wii. This is more than a port with added waggle, it's been made from the ground up with the Wii in mind. It's worth plenty of kudos for that, and for realising that the Wii is the best ever format for first person shooters.

I'm not turning anti-Nintendo, I've just been enlightened a bit. The Conduit's only defining feature is it's control, which yes is great, and yes it looks good for a Wii game, but nobody is going to remember the generic enemies. Why not compare the systems? Of course the graphics will never be as good as 360/ps3, so I'd rather put a more artistic shooter on Wii which maybe goes slightly over the top than a game which is aiming for a certain level of realism.

At least Corruption had a decent range of different environments.

If I still had my Wii as well as my Ps3, I'd rather buy Timesplitters on Wii.

I must've been in denial when I owned my Wii because I thought i didn't really care about graphics, downloads and the many features owned by other consoles. Now that I have one, its changed my perception slightly. I want Nintendo to do well, but a month ago when I still had the Wii, I was considering buying Blazing Angels, a game which I'd never consider to buy (for the wrong reasons)

I think Nintendo may have lost some emphasis in the gameplay department in which they were so strong in up until recently. Thing is, I don't want Animal Crossing or even another Zelda in fact, there needs to be much more variety in gamers games.

So every company should all do the same thing? The Wii isn't about graphics, everyone knows it, you just need to make peace with it.

And if it's generic, then it's the first good online generic shooter for the Wii. Your just preferring another console rather than a Nintendo one.

And anyway, we have downloadable games and beginning to get downloadable content.

No I didn't say everything should be the same, I said Wii should focus on shooters that aren't focusing on realism, which would be different.

This game will probably be good online, but I have the feeling that the campaign will be awfu, lsimilar vain to Hunters for DS - yet that game is probably the best DS game for it's online.

Wii downloadable content: can it only take up 50 mb of memory?

Old games are plentiful I must admit to buying 5 of them.

Did I say this game looks incredible? Though I think its looks fantastic. I said it's going to be an incredible 2009, and although I hope it is, I was more joking at the fact that all good Wii games are coming next year, not this.

Anyways, i own all three consoles so I'm not blinded and I know the next gen FPS very well, hell, that's ALL the 360 has ( ;) ). For me control wins every time, and generic? You can't get more generic than Halo 3 :) Some are great though, personally, Conduit has the potential to be up there with the best of them, enhanced by incredible control.

I'm not turning anti-Nintendo, I've just been enlightened a bit. The Conduit's only defining feature is it's control, which yes is great, and yes it looks good for a Wii game, but nobody is going to remember the generic enemies. Why not compare the systems? Of course the graphics will never be as good as 360/ps3, so I'd rather put a more artistic shooter on Wii which maybe goes slightly over the top than a game which is aiming for a certain level of realism.

At least Corruption had a decent range of different environments.

If I still had my Wii as well as my Ps3, I'd rather buy Timesplitters on Wii.

I must've been in denial when I owned my Wii because I thought i didn't really care about graphics, downloads and the many features owned by other consoles. Now that I have one, its changed my perception slightly. I want Nintendo to do well, but a month ago when I still had the Wii, I was considering buying Blazing Angels, a game which I'd never consider to buy (for the wrong reasons)

I think Nintendo may have lost some emphasis in the gameplay department in which they were so strong in up until recently. Thing is, I don't want Animal Crossing or even another Zelda in fact, there needs to be much more variety in gamers games.

I hate this friggin idea:

"Realistic games shouldn't be released for the Wii because this and that". Like I said, for a format to be remembered as kick ass, and actually be anything good, there needs to be a good game of practically every type. The Wii is the ultimate console for first person shooters. As a matter of fact, I think Operation Flashpoint should be ported for the format, to utilise the immersive controller! We will get a very good stylised FPS: Timesplitters.

This feels very much like it'll be Wiis answer to Halo. They don't really need to try hard to beat that series of games.

• 5 weeks later...

High Voltage Software (HVS) has announced that The Conduit, a fast paced action-shooter game currently in development for the Wii console, will be featured by Nintendo at this year's PAX convention. The Conduit is a First Person Shooter (FPS) where players battle fierce alien invaders in a highly detailed 3D world using a dynamic control scheme only possible on the Wii.

Eric Nofsinger, Chief Creative Officer at HVS, had this to say about the news, "PAX is jam-packed wall-to-wall with passionate game fans. We are incredibly honored to be featured there at Nintendo's booth. It's a fantastic opportunity for us to receive input and feedback directly from other gamers."

The Conduit made a big splash at this year's E3 convention. HVS received numerous awards and press recognition, including IGN Best Shooter Game of E3 2008 (Wii), IGN Best Graphics Technology of E3 2008 (Wii), IGN Best Overall Wii Game of E3 2008, GameTrailers Best Wii Game of E3 2008, Edge Top 20 Games of E3 2008, and Gamepro 21 Wii Games to Drool Over.

Kerry Ganofsky, founder and C.E.O. of HVS, commented on the attention, "We are honored and overjoyed to have our efforts recognized. To be acknowledged by the industry news media shows that the hard work of our team has not gone unnoticed and only strengthens our resolve to continue to push our game play, graphics, and the technical boundaries of the hardware's capabilities."

About High Voltage Software, Inc.

High Voltage Software is a game development company located in Hoffman Estates, Illinois. Established in 1993, it now employs approximately 130 staff members. For more information, please visit their website at http://www.high-voltage.com.

Well, this is a generic FPS, then again, according to my maths:

Generic FPS = Meh.

Generic FPS with Wii Controlls = WIN!!!

Well, this is a generic FPS, then again, according to my maths:

Generic FPS = Meh.

Generic FPS with Wii Controlls = WIN!!!

I never thought I'd say this, but I agree with this sentiment. Wii controls were what made MoH:H2 a very good game, if the controls were normal the game would be meh as hell

exactly perfect example is red steel although i woulnt saw win ha just........better

Im sorry, mcj metroid, even i, who understand almost everything that gets typed in this forum, didn't understand what the hell you tried to tell me right now :blank:

What is PAX?

Could this mean Nintendo has snapped up The Conduit as yet another core game they fail to advertise?

WHAT THE... PENNY ARCADE... Something...

Well, its their convection, that's what matters :P

Im sorry, mcj metroid, even i, who understand almost everything that gets typed in this forum, didn't understand what the hell you tried to tell me right now :blank:

WHAT THE... PENNY ARCADE... Something...

Well, its their convection, that's what matters :P

ha just meant i agree with you.......kind of

Oh, okay, after looking at it and trying to find that perspective, i found what you meant.

Yes, Red Steel wasn't "Win", but then again, i heard the controlls for turning wheren't that satisfying, and camon, again with maths:

FPS without good turning = Epic Fail

FPS without good turning with Wii controlls = Meh

Penny Arcade Expo : peace:

We actually got an invite to play this at PAX... problem is we got no US staff able to make it...and the bulk of us are stuck on this side of the Atlantic :heh:

Here's a radical idea. Why not send me, get the n-europe company credit card out, splash some cash on flights, all inclusive accomodation, and a little bit of (beer) spending money.

Someones gotta do it.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!