N-Europe

I see why people say the game is uninspired and yes, it's art is poor but come on, this controls so well it really does make up for it! It just makes it fun, very fun, to play and who doesn't play games for fun?!

Anyhoo, I've just finished the campaign, I played it on the hardest difficulty, which gave it a bit of a challenge and I loved it! Just because it's a "corridor shooter" it doesn't make it a bad game. It makes it different from most other FPS games out there and also feels like a "throw-back" to the Goldeneye era, which I thought was great!

Can't wait to get this online once I get my broadband in!

Edited by Kav

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Captain Falcon

Sales:

Untitled-4.jpg

That is quite possibly the most pointless graph I've ever seen in my life.

I picked this up on Friday, and would agree with most of the reviews. Its good, and has some excellent technical aspects. The Multiplayer is very good, better than W@W in my opinion.

With regards the controls, while the Wii FPS controls are good, and it is a refreshing way to experience an FPS, I can get the reticule onto a target much quicker with a Dual Analogue. Especially if that target is behind me, I know you can adjust the turning speed in the Conduit. But it just ends going past the target for me. Maybe its just my inexperience with the WiiMote, although I was no slouch on MoH:H2.

You can set a button to spin the character around BTW.

its done 150k after 2 weeks

On an unrelated note, have you got your copy yet mate? Zavvi despatched mine on Friday but didn't get it yesterday. I'm going to be pissed if it doesn't come tomorrow! I'm certainly not ordering with them again either - Gameplay, I'm sorry I abandoned you!!!!

Guest Captain Falcon

Got this earlier today.

I've played the first 3 levels and I must say it's really growing on me. Enemy AI seems non-existent and artistically it's dull as dishwater, but as far as corridor shooters go, it's not too bad.

I'm sure it helps that I hardly play FPSs at all these days.

Looking forward to trying a multiplayer game.

On an unrelated note, have you got your copy yet mate? Zavvi despatched mine on Friday but didn't get it yesterday. I'm going to be pissed if it doesn't come tomorrow! I'm certainly not ordering with them again either - Gameplay, I'm sorry I abandoned you!!!!

Nope, not yet.

Despatched Friday, said 3-5 working days.

I expect to get it on Tuesday earliest.

look at the wii charts in america, No.1 first week, No.2 second week.

I'll post link for figures next time on pc (using wii at mo)

Well ok very well.

Just so you know, the american charts are presented by NPD. NPD sales chart are out this thursday evening. They are released once a month.

And if you intended to present to me sales numbers from vgchartz, who basically make a living by guessing numbers (then later correcting them after the official sales data are released) then please don't post them.

Well ok very well.

Just so you know, the american charts are presented by NPD. NPD sales chart are out this thursday evening. They are released once a month.

And if you intended to present to me sales numbers from vgchartz, who basically make a living by guessing numbers (then later correcting them after the official sales data are released) then please don't post them.

Well if you're going to come into this thread and continuously troll, please don't post at all. Go back to the other consoles board and stay there.

Seriously.

NPD is rather inconvenient as while it will show the whole month of June, that only converts into The Conduit's first week. So while we're being impatient for July's maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to at least analyse VG Chatz just to get an idea. It's not deadly accurate, but it usually gives a rough ballpark figure which isn't too far off official numbers.

If NPD shows Conduit at the sameish figure as VG for June (94,000ish), then I certainly won't be dismissing it.

So the hivemind of you people is that if I don't agree with you, or my opinions or comments are on the opposite spectrum of yours, despite the fact that my posts have been thought about and are merely scrutinising numbers that have come from a website well known for coming up with numbers out of their rectum, and you label this as trolling?

You learn something new every day I suppose.

NPD is rather inconvenient as while it will show the whole month of June, that only converts into The Conduit's first week. So while we're being impatient for July's maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to at least analyse VG Chatz just to get an idea. It's not deadly accurate, but it usually gives a rough ballpark figure which isn't too far off official numbers.

If NPD shows Conduit at the sameish figure as VG for June (94,000ish), then I certainly won't be dismissing it.

Inconvenient they may be, but they are 100% fact and not made up.

What do VGChartz do to come up with fictional digits? They check Amazon top 10s, they look at comments from Sega saying "Hey guys, we are very happy with Conduit sales", and then they basically say.. "hmmm, that sounds like a 100,000.. no wait.. make that 160,000".

Edited by tissuetown

What do VGChartz do to come up with fictional digits? They check Amazon top 10s, they look at comments from Sega saying "Hey guys, we are very happy with Conduit sales", and then they basically say.. "hmmm, that sounds like a 100,000.. no wait.. make that 160,000".

You're representation of VGChartz methods is just as made as their figures tbh. It's far more sophisticated than you make out which is why they're so often fairly close.

Just take your blinkers off. Sure, so you don't like the game that's fine. But you took a lot of offense at the guys mentioning sticks were shite for FPS gaming (and they are - hence why console players will never join servers with PC players, devs know the console guys will just get raped). It's ok not to like The Conduit but it clearly has some redeeming features and people are enjoying it.

So the hivemind of you people is that if I don't agree with you, or my opinions or comments are on the opposite spectrum of yours, despite the fact that my posts have been thought about and are merely scrutinising numbers that have come from a website well known for coming up with numbers out of their rectum, and you label this as trolling?

You learn something new every day I suppose.

Not exactly, no. It is simply how you continuously criticise a game you have not played, argue with everyone who is positive about it, and then best of all do what we see here...

..When a website that is specifically dedicated to analysing markets and giving sales estimates and charts gives an estimate for a game, you somehow decide that you know better and declare that they are wrong. Yes, sometimes estimates are wrong - that's why they're called estimates. But I'm sure they've done a fair bit more research than you have done, or than you think they have done. I suspect that in actual fact the reason you are mocking this site is simply because you don't want the game to do well.

Now, if you have nothing more to contribute to this topic than generally childish and, yes, trollish behaviour, then please can you just leave us in peace. Thank you.

You're representation of VGChartz methods is just as made as their figures tbh. It's far more sophisticated than you make out which is why they're so often fairly close.

So what you're saying is either my representation of VGChartz methods is accurate and therefore their numbers are fairly accurate, or, I have no idea, and neither do they?

It's like snoosnoo

Just take your blinkers off. Sure, so you don't like the game that's fine. But you took a lot of offense at the guys mentioning sticks were shite for FPS gaming (and they are - hence why console players will never join servers with PC players, devs know the console guys will just get raped). It's ok not to like The Conduit but it clearly has some redeeming features and people are enjoying it.

Well, ok.. I'm not really talking about the game though am I?

And the reason why PC games and console games aren't cross platform is not just limited to the controls, only ignorance has lead you to believe that.

No game I know of, at least recently, on the consoles and PC are cross platform, what ever the genre. This is because mouse and keyboard is better than Dual Analog right?

I could easily say.. You cannot play Street Fighter 4 on PS3 against a PC player, because mouse and keyboard is a "crappy" control method for a beat em up.

Can you see how flawed your argument is?

Not exactly, no. It is simply how you continuously criticise a game you have not played, argue with everyone who is positive about it, and then best of all do what we see here...

Firstly, I have criticised the game once. In the entire thread.

..When a website that is specifically dedicated to analysing markets and giving sales estimates and charts gives an estimate for a game, you somehow decide that you know better and declare that they are wrong. Yes, sometimes estimates are wrong - that's why they're called estimates. But I'm sure they've done a fair bit more research than you have done, or than you think they have done. I suspect that in actual fact the reason you are mocking this site is simply because you don't want the game to do well.

Secondly, yes. You got me. I really don't want the game to do well. That is my sole purpose on this forum. Have your team of experts got a raise for that quite inspired deduction?

Now, if you have nothing more to contribute to this topic than generally childish and, yes, trollish behaviour, then please can you just leave us in peace. Thank you.

I have plenty to contribute, so as long you have something to contribute as well, hence the term, discussion.

And you continue casting my posts as trollish, it only amuses me further.

You've barely talked about this game at all in this thread (the official thread for the game). If you don't want to talk about the game, fine, go to another thread and stop bugging us about it. You've done nothing but troll since you came to this thread, you're constantly off topic and in general just trying to start arguments. You haven't even played the game and you're saying its crap and hoping it doesn't sell well. You can have your opinion, thats fine, but you don't have to ruin the discussion for the rest of us by continuously trying to de-rail this thread. I repeat, go to another thread if you don't want to talk about the game, and better yet, go to the GT forums where you might be appreciated.

My 2 cents.

Edited by Emasher

I'm glad I amuse at least one person on these boards. Often my hilarious posts don't even get recognition from anyone at all. I'm just glad my talent is finally being recognised.

In fact Emasher is almost 100% correct. Having given the thread a quick read over, you've actually not talked about the game properly once. You have referred to it a few times, calling it 'mediocre' twice and 'incompetant' once. I think the main reason I was thinking you were trolling was criticism but now I see that its actually because you're in a thread concerned with the Conduit, talking about how a PC controls and how much you love dual analogue. In fact, your last post illustrates my point very well - you spend a huge amount of time continuing arguments with people, and a tiny amount of time, all of it sarcastic, talking about the game. And even then you were continuing an argument.

This was almost certainly the reason I told you to go to another board - you seem to love these things - things related to other consoles than the Wii - more than The Conduit, and I thought you would be more at home somewhere that people actually agree with you.

Can we talk about the game now? Please?

EDIT: Oh god, here comes Dwarf... things is about to get ugly.

Moderatoooooooooor! Pleeeease save us from this ridiculous argument! Lets just talk about

THE FREAKING GAME

Edited by Nintendohnut
Automerged Doublepost

Sure.

A heads up to anyone who's looking to advance in Multiplayer ranks quickly, play free for all matches rather than team based ones. I managed to get 125 experience points in one match. ASE Football especially gives lots of points because you get extra points for when you get points in the match.

You've barely talked about this game at all in this thread (the official thread for the game). If you don't want to talk about the game, fine, go to another thread and stop bugging us about it. You've done nothing but troll since you came to this thread, you're constantly off topic and in general just trying to start arguments. You haven't even played the game and you're saying its crap and hoping it doesn't sell well. You can have your opinion, thats fine, but you don't have to ruin the discussion for the rest of us by continuously trying to de-rail this thread. I repeat, go to another thread if you don't want to talk about the game, and better yet, go to the GT forums where you might be appreciated.

My 2 cents.

I am ruining the discussion? You're making accusations that I do not want the game to sell well? When did I say that? How do you expect me not to retort?

I'm glad I amuse at least one person on these boards. Often my hilarious posts don't even get recognition from anyone at all. I'm just glad my talent is finally being recognised.

In fact Emasher is almost 100% correct. Having given the thread a quick read over, you've actually not talked about the game properly once. You have referred to it a few times, calling it 'mediocre' twice and 'incompetant' once. I think the main reason I was thinking you were trolling was criticism but now I see that its actually because you're in a thread concerned with the Conduit, talking about how a PC controls and how much you love dual analogue. In fact, your last post illustrates my point very well - you spend a huge amount of time continuing arguments with people, and a tiny amount of time, all of it sarcastic, talking about the game. And even then you were continuing an argument.

This was almost certainly the reason I told you to go to another board - you seem to love these things - things related to other consoles than the Wii - more than The Conduit, and I thought you would be more at home somewhere that people actually agree with you.

I spend time making constructive arguments against posts such as yours. If you have a problem with this, then there is nothing more I can do for you. You want me to go away now? I am doing nothing but providing discussion on a message board.

I am ruining the discussion? You're making accusations that I do not want the game to sell well? When did I say that? How do you expect me not to retort?

You said it in your last post, unless you were being sarcastic. It wasn't very clear.

I spend time making constructive arguments against posts such as yours. If you have a problem with this, then there is nothing more I can do for you. You want me to go away now? I am doing nothing but providing discussion on a message board.

But you're not talking about THE CONDUIT. This is the official thread for THE CONDUIT. If you don't want to talk about THE CONDUIT, you may want to go to a thread that isn't about THE CONDUIT. This forum has lots of them.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!