NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
arab_freak

SOAD Album Leaked

DukkaDukka; thanks :) I just don't want to write complete essays on everything as people will quickly learn how simple my opinion is for everything, and thus never have to read any of my replies ever again.

Arab_Freak; no worries, I detected the humour. I don't know if you were actually being super-clever by using 'kitchen knife' (as that was in my old sig) but I do know that you're not being malicious! All's clear on the horizon.

And to everyone else; Metallica have sucked since they stopped doing drugs. Boo!

You already sucked before dude.

JOKING

please dont start RE vs DZ thing

Yeah, you better be joking.

I was part of the DZ clan before Space even made DZ :P, so I wouldn't start that fight thing.. Back with Project Alpha, then Alpha Portal, and I dropped when DZ was made.

just wondering, what is the moral stance most of you take on "stealing music"?

Downloading music isn't stealing music.

Yeah, you better be joking.

You gonna kick my ass punk :grin:

I kid, i dont class downloading as stealing just helping the needy :P

Aren't you acquiring something that you should be paying for, without paying?

Yeah, but's that not stealing. Stealing involves remove something from someone's possession without paying for it or having their permission. When you download a song, the original is still intact, hence it's not stolen. Stuart Campbell sums it up nicely here, even if the title of the article's a bit bullish.

< has quite alot of downloaded music

< doesn't care.

With assholes like the RIAA going around, using shock tactics and suing people left right and centre I download music. The fact is, due to America's coperate run government and the fact you can sue anyone there and get money or a settlement from it the RIAA and MPAA do it to get even more money. Those bastards are fucking loaded, they can't stop P2P no matter how hard they try.

Thank you for that article. I'm clear now on copyright infringement and theft. It's a good article, but he didn't have to call me a fucking idiot.

Metallica went downhill record wise when metal became fashionable and being able to out-mosh someone was seemed as cool. Mosh pits dont release angst anymore, its just a dance off to see who can hurt who more, or who can produce the best spin kick.

I think SOAD will be really pissed about this as they are money whores who only see green dollar bills.

arab_Freak; no worries, I detected the humour. I don't know if you were actually being super-clever by using 'kitchen knife' (as that was in my old sig) but I do know that you're not being malicious! All's clear on the horizon.

True. If you were a real emo, you wouldn't go around happily advertising it on an internet forum.

Its not exactly stealing music, but it does seem morally wrong.

Like, say some one else stole lets say mobile phones, then one day, he decides to put the phones he's stolen on the floor in a field for any one to find to keep without noting them their stolen, thats not illegal. Thats how most people get their music, but is illegal and we know if its free, its most probably stolen.

Laws are messed, but it is wrong, but hey you dont see any one getting arrested for accepting free food in some parts of africa do you?

I download music, its just way too expensive to buy from stores the only decent method is itunes, but you can only play them on itunes or an ipod, were's the loud speaker?

If they wanted to reduce the impact of this they should have released 30 second clips officially like KoRn did. I only download songs everynow and then, I think I have 2. One is a radio rip and the other is almost CD quality.

just wondering, what is the moral stance most of you take on "stealing music"?

i cant stand it. i think it is wrong. these guy work their asses off to produce these albums and get nothing for it.

Im totally against stealing music or movies, if i like a song or film I go out and buy it. Nothing good comes of stealing the hard work of other people and will only cause the future work of these companys to get worse.

As a point of argument, why do CDs, which are far far cheaper to produce than cassette tapes, still cost twice as much as a cassette tape. Maybe the music industry should rethink its pricing of CDs if they expect people to keep buying them.

As a point of argument, why do CDs, which are far far cheaper to produce than cassette tapes, still cost twice as much as a cassette tape. Maybe the music industry should rethink its pricing of CDs if they expect people to keep buying them.

Its the same as VHS and DVD, it's cos DVDS/CD'S or more in demand than cassattes. Do they even make cassatte tapes anymore?? Havnt seen any for sale in years :/

True, some music stores still carry cassettes, but big department stores like Wal-mart dont to my knowledge. My point is, the price of CD manufacture has dropped steeply since they were first introduced, yet the price of an album has remained largely unchanged around the 15 dollar mark (not counting the bargain bin).

Is it stealing? Probably. Does it matter? The concept is pretty wack as far as I'm concerned. We have a civilisation built on produce and profit and we can't change that. Yes, CDs are overpriced. Yes, music executives are lining their pockets. But that doesn't have any influence on our actions. If we download music, then we're still committing a crime; whether CDs are overpriced or not. That won't solve the problem. And to their credit, whether it's a preventative measure or not, the music industry has provided solutions. It's easy to pay-to-download. It's cheap, and it works well. There's plenty of mp3s and videos out there on the 'net for you to try before you buy.

I personally don't see a reason for illegally downloading music anymore, apart from pure greed.

Sign in to follow this