N-Europe

Rock Band

dan-likes-trees

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, i just bought The Bealtes Value Edition thing, and my bass pedal doesn't seem to work. It's brand new, just out the box, there's no physical damage. When i'm in freestyle mode, and i unplug/plug them back in, and i hear the bass go on the game.

Does anyone have any idea what the hell is up? Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

The recent DLC has been a bit pony, I guess it's to do with them working on the RBN, which apparently could go live in the next few weeks. In light of that I decided to browse the DLC catalogue today, it's awesome how many tracks there are now. Decided to buy some that I either missed or couldn't afford.

Tenacious D - Tribute

Marilyn Manson - Disposable Teens

Rob Zombie - Dragula

Blink 182 - What's My Age Again

There's a few others I want, such as the second Blink track pack, All-American Rejects, Weezer and AFI. But I don't want to waste my points in case truly awesome stuff is released.

• 1 month later...
Welcome to the launch of the Rock Band Network Store! The Rock Band Network Music Store is giving Rock Band fans and music lovers a new avenue to discover music and providing musicians and labels the opportunity to produce and promote tracks for the Rock Band platform.

There are currently more than 100 songs available for purchase in the Rock Band Network Music Store from artists including The Shins, The Hold Steady, The Main Drag, Bang Camaro, of Montreal, Jonathan Coulton, Skeleton Witch, 3 Inches of Blood, Lacuna Coil, Stroke 9, and Steve Vai. There are more than 300 artists in the RBN pipeline, with additional tracks already on the way from Flight of the Conchords, The Smashing Pumpkins, Twin Atlantic, All That Remains, Clutch, Prong, and many more coming soon.

The tracks below are currently available for purchase in the store. Check them out today!

3 Inches of Blood

* Battles and Brotherhood

Alias Unknown

* Top Back

Amberian Dawn

* He Sleeps in a Grove

* River of Tuoni

Andrew Buch

* Trippolette

Audio Fiction

* Race The Hourglass

Bif Naked

* Sick

Blackmarket

* Tongue Twister Typo

Bojibian

* Still There

C&O

* We Are the Best

Chaunce DeLeon and The Fountain of Choof

* Tadpole Search and Rescue

Children of Nova

* The Complexity of Light

Color Theory

* If Not Now When

Dear and the Headlights

* Talk About

Despised Icon

* Day of Mourning

DnA's Evolution

* The Heist

Error 404 feat. CJ Watson

* If Trucks Drank Beer

Fake Shark-Real Zombie!

* Angel Lust

* Horses in Heaven

* Running for the Razors

* Sestri Levante

Five Finger Death Punch

* Burn it Down

Flogging Molly

* Drunken Lullabies (Live)

* Requiem for a Dying Song

Foreword

* Watch It All Go Down

Free Spirit

* Far Away from Heaven

Full-Source

* End Quote

* It's Not You, It's Everyone

* Red Sky At Morn

Furly

* Icarus' Song

Gandhi

* Arigato

Giant Target

* In Memories

* Signs

Glass Hammer

* Hyperbole

* Sleep On

Heaven Ablaze

* Parhelia

In This Moment

* Mechanical Love

James William Roy

* Paper Valentines

Jonathan Coulton

* Creepy Doll

* Ikea

* The Future Soon

KMFDM

* Juke Joint Jezebel

* A Drug Against War

Kristin Hersh

* Fortune

* Mississippi Kite

Lacuna Coil

* Survive

Lead the Dead

* Rip'er

Longwave

* No Direction

Marillion

* Whatever Is Wrong With You

Matter in the Medium

* Persistence of Vision

MC Frontalot

* Goth Girls

Nick Gallant

* Inside Out

* Turn Yourself Around

Of Last Resort

* Fade Away

of Montreal

* Heimdalsgate Like a Promethean Curse

Pink Flag

* Nancy Drew

Ron Wasserman

* Fight Back

Rose of Jericho

* Buried Cold

Scratching The Itch

* Lemon Juice

* The Buddy Disease

* You're My Everything

Senses Fail

* Lady in a Blue Dress

Skeletonwitch

* Crushed Beyond Dust

Skindred

* Stand for Something

Speck

* Grumpytown

* VP of Booty Reports

Stars of Boulevard

* Limousine

Stephanie Hatfield and Hot Mess

* Can I Stay

Steve and Lindley Band

* Backyard Buildyard

Steve Vai

* For the Love of God (Live)

* Get the Hell Out of Here

* The Attitude Song

Stroke 9

* Kick Some Ass '09

* Little Black Backpack '09

Suicide Silence

* Disengage

Surprise Me Mr. Davis

* Sissyfuss

The Cold Goodnight

* Give

The Dirty Love Band

* Moonboy

The Everybody

* You Got That

The Fisticuffs

* Liverpool Judies

The Hold Steady

* Sequestered in Memphis

The Humans

* It's Good

The Kimberly Trip

* California

The Main Drag

* Cease and Desist

* Don't Let Me Down (Slowly)

* Dove Nets

* Homosuperior

* How We'd Look On Paper

* Love During Wartime

* Megatron

* Talk Them Down

* Teeth, Face, Outerspace

* Tricky Girl

* What's Your Favorite Dinosaur?

The Shins

* Australia

The Slip

* Children of December

* Even Rats

Ultra Saturday

* Not My Fault

* Superhero!

WaveGroup Feat. Becca Neun

* Liquid Smog (StompBox Remix)

Wounded Soul

* Rx

You Shriek

* Lilith in Libra

* No Heroes

Zack Wilson

* Another California Song

* Ox

Didn't really know anything about this. But Flight of the Conchords? Soon? Fuck yeah!

Bought one of these songs earlier today - Even Rats by The Slip - simply because it was on Guitar Hero 1. :grin:

this weeks dlc, Futureheads! woop woop

Available on Xbox 360 and Wii (March 9) and PlayStation 3 system (March 11):

The Futureheads – “Decent Days & Nights” +

The Futureheads – “Hounds of Love” +

The James Gang – “Walk Away” +

Neil Peart – “The Hockey Theme” + *

Shaimus – “All of This” + *

Shaimus – “Tie You Down” + *

The White Stripes – “Fell in Love with a Girl” +

The White Stripes – “Seven Nation Army”

The White Stripes – “You Don’t Know What Love Is (You Just Do As You’re Told)” +

(All tracks are original master recordings)

These tracks will be available for purchase as “The White Stripes Pack 02” as well as individual tracks on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system, and as individual tracks only on Wii. Tracks marked with “+” are also available for download in the family-friendly LEGO® Rock Band Music Store.

Hmm not too fussed about The Futureheads because I feel that their cover of Hounds of Love is a bit of a bastardisation when compared to the sublime original by Kate Bush... but tbf no-one's gonna be able to perform that song better than her, so I give them credit for trying at least. :heh:

Now The White Stripes on the other hand I'll be downloading in a heartbeat... ;)

Hmm not too fussed about The Futureheads because I feel that their cover of Hounds of Love is a bit of a bastardisation when compared to the sublime original by Kate Bush... but tbf no-one's gonna be able to perform that song better than her, so I give them credit for trying at least.

Shurrup about Kate Bush. [/stunning Music Thread hate] :heh:

I've got Band Hero and GH:WT.

Sorry to hear that, I hope you're okay. :(

Shurrup about Kate Bush. [/stunning Music Thread hate] :heh:

No... never! She's stunning, and besides it's not as if I've mentioned her in a while, but when an inferior cover version of her work appears on Rock Band of course I'm gonna mention her. :rolleyes:

Anyway... Whitestripes DLC... who else is getting it?

Cartman's version of Poker Face is going in Rock Band next week!

Also a Lady Gaga track pack.

Rock Band 3 news: joystiq.com

Rock Band 3 out this holiday season

by JC Fletcher { Mar 9th 2010 at 2:31PM }

Rather than, we don't know, a press release or any other professional method of disseminating a message (Twitter, perhaps?), Harmonix took to Facebook to tell friends and friends-of-friends that Rock Band 3 will be released "this holiday season."

The announcement is brief and detail-free, but reveals that EA will publish the game -- apparently having renewed its Rock Band distribution deal with Viacom. With Rock Band 3, the developer promises to "innovate and revolutionize the music genre once again, just as Harmonix did with the original Rock Band, Rock Band 2 and The Beatles: Rock Band."

If previous comments by Dhani Harrison are to be believed, you may even learn something from playing RB3!

AFI's best song was on RB2 to begin with... :heh:

No... AFI have 8 albums, they started off as proper punk. The last few have been total changes of direction, very different music. If you think that's GNG was their best song you've obviously never heard anything off The Art of Drowning, Black Sails in the Sunset. Or you have, but you have a very pop-oriented taste (which is fine, ofc).

Girl's Not Grey wasn't a bad song, very catchy, but it was just a very radio friendly single, and the beginning of their shift into more mainstream stuff.

I would love to play Days of the Phoenix, God Called in Sick Today or Ever and a Day on Rock Band.

I think I've only heard 5 AFI songs - GNG, Miss Murder, Love Like Winter, there was one on Tony Hawk's 3, and some random one Scuzz used to play years back.

So I've obviously never heard anything from the albums you mentioned there, but if I was to compare the difference between unknown song that was on Tony Hawk's 3 and the random Scuzz one and compare them to the remaining three then there is an obvious difference in genre.

And I'm spent.

EDIT: The Tony Hawk's 3 one is called The Boy who Destroyed the World. Thanks, Wikipedia.

The Boy who Destroyed the World was a great song (actually from an EP not one of the albums I mentioned - but same era). Miss Murder and Love Like Winter were from a really, really shit album which basically ruined that band for me. They played Miss Murder at the MTV music awards and the performance was an absolute embarrassment.

I was a big fan... like, really big, bordering on obsessive. When that album came out everything changed. It was like St Anger for Metallica fans, or American Idiot for Green Day fans.

• 3 weeks later...

Jimi Hendrix anyone?

Axis Bold as Love (full album) 1600 msp is available for download on Rock Band! :D

Not only that but a previously unreleased track is also available Valleys of Neptune 160 msp

Just playing it now, epic stuff. ^^

Just been playing some of the challenges, trying to get more stars. Came across the "Rock Band Impossible Songs Challenge" and noticed I'd only done it on hard....

Fuck me, did it on Expert - gold starred Highway Star, Foreplay/Long Time and Won't Get Fooled Again, 5 starred Flirtin' With Disaster, I love it when you do something which shows just how much better you've gotten! Still can't complete Green Grass and High Tides on Expert guitar though, dunno when I'll be able to do that! :heh:

Edit:

Just tried the "Rock Band Nightmare Songs Challenge"... Next To You, Cherub Rock and Tom Sawyer all gold starred no poblem, but like I said Green Grass and High Tides is fucking killing me. I just can't do the second solo, the bit where it goes...

[] [] []

[] [] []

[] [] []

[] [] []

[] [] []

[] [][]

[][] []

[] [] []

[] [] []

I just can't get! I know I'm getting better as well cause I can hit over 90% in the first solo fairly consistently (used to only be around 70 - 75%). I try to save my overdrive as well, but my tilt sensor is so freaking sensitive that it's nearly impossible to do so (I have to remain more or less perfectly still or else it will set itself off) :hmm: I'm gonna have a rest for now though, my left hand is seriously cramped!

I am sorely tempted to invest in a new guitar to see if it makes any difference!

Edited by Eddage

That's the kind of bit I struggle with, thoguh not so much any more. I've nailed it if it's 4 fingers, IE

[] [] [] []

[] [] [] []

[] [] [] []

[] [] [] []

[] [] [] []

[] [] [] []

[] [] [] []

[] [] [] []

[] [] [] []

[] [] [] []

[] [] [] []

[] [] [] []

[] [] [] []

[] [] [] []

[] [] [] []

[] [] [] []

But three is slightly harder. Not impossible though, I have 100%ed several of those tricky bits as you've mentioned. The one thing I'm struggling with is the reverse Through The Fire And Flames opening riff as seen in RB2 DLC Satch Boogie. It was piss easy in GHWT due to the chump notes, but I can't do it on Expert on RB2. It's the first time I've been stumped on a song in a while.

like I said Green Grass and High Tides is fucking killing me.

Oh man this song is evil :woops: When we were doing the endless setlist, I chose to play on Hard even though my bandmates were doing medium and I wasn't really used to Hard mode at the time. Got totally killed when we reached this song, must've been stuck on it for well over half an hour. The most annoying thing about the song is that it's ok for a while, even boring, but it's so long! And the tough parts come at the most inconvenient times.

Never again! :nono: