N-Europe

Legend of zelda the movie 2009

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think something like a Zelda movie (which would rock) would be a very hard thing to take on. Zelda has such a fan base that every tiny detail would have to be taken into account for perfection... Then there is the story line issue...Probably an OOT, but that is a HUGE game. Which elements do they use? Unless of course its an LOR type movie, split OOT in to 3 parts. Would that work though? LoZ OOT the trilogy... maybe :P Is the storyline movie material though?

Do it in Beowulf style animation and I'll be happy. Also I don't think that the all the details have to be there, in fact I would much prefer something that is far from the game, that way it becomes it's own identity and people who want to see it as a serious film (rather than fanboys only) will enjoy it for what it is. Of course keep the essence of the games in there.

I think something like a Zelda movie (which would rock) would be a very hard thing to take on. Zelda has such a fan base that every tiny detail would have to be taken into account for perfection... Then there is the story line issue...Probably an OOT, but that is a HUGE game. Which elements do they use? Unless of course its an LOR type movie, split OOT in to 3 parts. Would that work though? LoZ OOT the trilogy... maybe :P Is the storyline movie material though?

It's not that LoZ fans would complain about the details. It's just that, if Link talks (not a detail), the movie would be already considered ruined.

Now, if they made Link a mute boy or something...maybe that could work.

If a movie was ever made, it'll likely be loosely based on OoT. Mainly as OoT "sets out" the characters, Triforce, Hyrule and everything.

Edit: They'll need an actor with a very expressive face, too.