NEurope
pedrocasilva

Sky Crawler (New game from the Ace Combat Team)

Has nobody noticed this piece of news? Sky Crawlers has been announced for release in Europe on February 2010.

CERGY-PONTOISE, FRANCE –19 November 2009 – NAMCO BANDAI Games Europe S.A.S today confirmed the Europe and PAL release of Sky Crawlers: Innocent Aces, the flight action game exclusively for Wii based on the acclaimed 2008 Japanese anime feature film from internationally renowned director Mamoru Oshii. The game will bring its unique blend of high altitude fighter action and beguiling Japanese anime production values to Wii players in Europe and beyond on February 2010.

Developed by Project Aces, the team behind Ace Combat at NAMCO BANDAI Games Inc. in Japan, Sky Crawlers: Innocent Aces pushes the Wii hardware to the extremes of its capabilities, delivering an impressively hi-fidelity rendition of intense arcade-style aerial combat. The Wii Nunchuk is used as a joystick to control the planes in flight, and the high altitude action is supplemented with over 30 minutes of gorgeous anime cinematics. The brand new story has been created by the Project Aces team in close collaboration with the licensor, keeping faithful to the Sky Crawlers universe.

“The talented Project Aces team here in Tokyo have worked very hard to make the best possible flight game on Wii and we are very proud with what we have achieved,” said Daisuke Uchiyama, producer NAMCO BANDAI Games Inc. “The control system lets players handle the game like a real aircraft using the Wii Nunchuk as a joystick, which is really a lot of fun for anyone who likes flight games.”

In a world where there is no more war, corporations stage fictional war 'shows' on a massive scale to make people truly feel at peace. In Sky Crawlers: Innocent Aces, the player takes the role of a top ranked pilot transferred from another base and newly enlisted in the Rostock Corporation, an enterprise of war that has recently welcomed a batch of intriguing new pilots into their ace squadron. Not even the officers at the base are able to hide their confusion at these new recruits who appear to be mere children. One girl, Maumi Orishina, stands out from the rest. In the sky reflected in her eyes, the dogfight begins.

Directed by Mamoru Oshii and animated by Production I.G., the film The Sky Crawlers was rapturously received in Japan and overseas, winning the Future Film Festival Digital Award at the 65th Venice International Film Festival amongst a brace of other awards. Following its release in the US, the DVD and Blu-ray of the film is coming soon to Europe and other territories worldwide.

An original and engrossing arcade flight action adventure, Sky Crawlers: Innocent Aces is scheduled for launch in Europe and PAL territories in winter 2010 exclusively for Wii. For more information, please visit http://www.namcobandaigames.eu

GamesPress

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=104869

Edited by The-Ironflame

So who is picking up this game? For me this is a day one buy! Dog-fight game with anime cut-scenes! And Im ready for the stiff-controll-learing-curve.

It arrived! Now if I can just find the time to play it during the March 2010 rush of games all will be dandy. :D

games006.jpg

I really want this. But my wallet has been raped enough for now.

Let us know if it's as good as it looks.

Edited by STOOPIDDITTIES

I really want this. But my wallet has been raped enough for now.

Let us know if it's as good as it looks.

Same here, I wanna know how it does.

I picked this up and it's enjoyable so far, the Nunchuck and Wii Remote controls are really tough to master though it just seems so senstitive and unresponsive, you can at least use a Gamecube controller or Classic Controller instead but you can't customize the buttons for either so if you use Expert controls that let's you to turn the plane more freely without the game leveling the plane out using Normal controls. The problem is the Yaw controls are mapped to the d-pad so it can get awkward.

Graphically it's a bit flat very ps2 ish but the music is pretty good and the voice acting is very tolerable with some very nice animated cutscenes. I would say the story is good enough to want to play through but the characters are really shallow and that's a problem because the story seems to focus around these characters and the main character you play is silent.

At the very least on the gameplay side there's plenty of variety between the different aircraft such as defense, mobility and speed and the special weaponry you can equip such as Rockets, Unguided bombs, Napalm bombs and a shotgun type gun etc for different missions which mostly involves Dogfights or bombing missions or a mix of both and there's also some upgrades to beef up your Aircraft's stats which you can equip in the hangar pre-mission which you pick up as you complete each story mission. (although I'm not sure if you get them from getting higher score rankings)

Edited by The-Ironflame

Great to hear, I might pick this up for myself (...or my father?) sometime if I see it cheaply.