NEurope
MoogleViper

Vicar attacked by Muslims

Of course it would. "Hello, I have an invisible friend. He's everywhere. He made everything. I talk to him at night and when I die I'm gonna go and live with him."

see, that alone isnt a delusion, its a false belife.

a delusion will not change, no matter what evidence you give.

for example, taking the earth to be 6000 years old, despite carbon dating showing that to be mega wrong.

that is a delusion.

we all have false belifes at one point, but the deluded do not change them.

for example, taking the earth to be 6000 years old, despite carbon dating showing that to be mega wrong.

that is a delusion.

Yeah and they continue to believe in their "invisible friend" no matter what evidence you provide.

Now I'm not saying their isn't a god. But I'm definitely not saying their is. I think there is life out there more advanced than ourselves. But whether there is a god or not.

to be honest, i find it all ammusing.

being told that i'll go to hell for some trival shit, it makes me wounder, just how petty is this god fellow?

and this allah, rather then roping his mates into blowing none belivers up, why dosent he, i dunno, come own and just make sure we all remember were ment to belive in him? its not like its a long trip, hes every were at once.

so by my calculations any god is both petty and lazy. dosent exactly sell religion does it?

I think you're all as silly as each other, the devout religious people, and the strongly anti-religious people. Just...get over it! To say a belief shouldn't be respected if it can't be defended is just as bad! Who are you to say what's right or wrong, what counts as defendable or not? Maybe they can defend it, and you're being just as stubborn in accepting it as they are!

The Racial/disability awareness trainer woman for the NHS in my local trust area (yes! how p.c has this world gotten?!) hates the Daily Mail.... Every.. fucking.. time.. we get trained she goes on about this article that isn't p.c enough for her.

She also said you shouldn't say "see ya!" to a blind person, or that you shouldn't say "I'll just run along here!" to someone that's in a wheelchair...

:shakehead

She sounds like quite the comedian, those are brilliant.

that is a delusion.

Creationism is a brilliant example of delusion - even if evolution wasn't the remarkably solid theory that it is, creationism is infinitely less likely. It also dies the moment it smells a whiff of Occam's Razor. And yet people still believe that a god made all the little critters!

Anyway, I digress, I promised myself I'd do less theology-bashing and more individual retard-bashing, so here goes: the people who assaulted the vicar are fucktards. The reason they assaulted him in particular was because he was believed in a slightly different religion to theirs. However, they probably would have beaten the shit out of some other unfortunate random person they came across. As I said before, religion was the spark, stupidity (and possibly shame of really, really small penis's...) was the fuel.

yeah, religion was the spark. id say that the main fule was social factors. many muslim families resent how they are treated (terrorists) and that causes segrigation which causes in/out group behvaiour which cases tenshions.

go psychology degree, go go go!

Friggin A Moogle.

You don't see Atheists standing in the market square chanting about how theres no god. I wonder what would happen if you did?

People like this give Christians a bad name. Also the fact that Christians believe in magic does too.

Hillarious that some thick fucker's first post in this thread was "fucking sandniggers", Bangladesh being of course known for its deserts in spite of being slap bang in the middle of a huge fertile delta that spends most of its time under about 5 feet of water.

Hillarious that some thick fucker's first post in this thread was "fucking sandniggers", Bangladesh being of course known for its deserts in spite of being slap bang in the middle of a huge fertile delta that spends most of its time under about 5 feet of water.

You should never, ever take Roadkills remarks seriously.

Ever.

He is 99% of the time, having a joke and means nothing by it. I'm half Arabic and i take no offence to it... so why should anyone else?

He is 99% of the time, having a joke and means nothing by it. I'm half Arabic and i take no offence to it... so why should anyone else?

Because everyone else isn't you. (Im not saying I take offence, ~Im actually a black person~ but if people are offended that may be the reason why)

I'm aware of that, but he can't even get the slurs he's trying to troll with right.

If a belief cannot be defended, why should it be respected?

If I say the moon is made of cheese, and say it's because a green hedgehog that lived in a kettle told me so, then you have every right to explain why that is stupid, stupid idea.

Because respecting beliefs is an essential part of life, however nonsensical they sound.

How else do you think many of scientists beliefs are taken seriously, or at least recognised?

How else do you think many of scientists beliefs are taken seriously, or at least recognised?

What do you mean, exactly? If you mean scientific theories, then they bring out the two things science is based around - the combination of evidence and logic.

Scientific method > any other method.

Because respecting beliefs is an essential part of life, however nonsensical they sound.

But they aren't always willing to respect other people's beliefs. Yet they expect theirs to be worshipped. (literally)

What do you mean, exactly? If you mean scientific theories, then they bring out the two things science is based around - the combination of evidence and logic.

Scientific method > any other method.

I agree with you on your final part of the post- hell, I agree with all of it.

Yes, I do mean scientific theories. But then, I could say the same about the bases of religious beliefs- God and morality.

Scientific method > religious method> any other method.

But they aren't always willing to respect other people's beliefs. Yet they expect theirs to be worshipped. (literally)

That is sometimes true, but sometimes many religious folk will accept other beliefs with open arms.

That is sometimes true, but sometimes many religious folk will accept other beliefs with open arms.

Oh I know. Some religious people are more open minded than most. But some are stubborn hypocrites. Guess which ones I don't like.

One thing I hate about religion is the fact that it is so widely believed when it is made up bullshit. I don't mind people believing in it but if you started up your own religion now and said that you had spoke to god everyone would call you mentally insane or a liar. Yet millions of people believe things that were started in exactly the same way by somebody or other.

Oh I know. Some religious people are more open minded than most. But some are stubborn hypocrites. Guess which ones I don't like.

One thing I hate about religion is the fact that it is so widely believed when it is made up bullshit. I don't mind people believing in it but if you started up your own religion now and said that you had spoke to god everyone would call you mentally insane or a liar. Yet millions of people believe things that were started in exactly the same way by somebody or other.

I'd just love it if there was a God and he took you up on that post.

I'd just love it if there was a God and he took you up on that post.

Bring it on. If he's anything like the guy in the bible then he's a **** and I'll kick his ass.

I live in a religious country and I don't get assaulted in the streets by Catholics trying to force me their faith. Jehovah witnesses yes, but who cares about them.

I live in a religious country and I don't get assaulted in the streets by Catholics trying to force me their faith. Jehovah witnesses yes, but who cares about them.

Those bastards disgrace humanity, not just Christianity.

Scientific method > religious method> any other method.

Not really - the religious method is simple - believe either a voice in your head or a very old book because some guy in a robe says you should, and if anyone points out a flaw in the idea, get really "offended" and say "it's my religion", as if it will in someway be a defence against a rational human being.

Not really - the religious method is simple - believe either a voice in your head or a very old book because some guy in a robe says you should, and if anyone points out a flaw in the idea, get really "offended" and say "it's my religion", as if it will in someway be a defence against a rational human being.

Buddhism doen't abide by either a very old book or a voice in the head.

I'm currently studying RS, and believe me, I've heard the arguments for and against God hundreds of times. I been in plenty of debates regarding the situation, and won and lost many. When people refer to the Bible/Quran etc as an 'old book', its generally to make the text in question sound any less less valid or the person in question's opinion sound more valid.

See my previous post.

I'm currently studying RS, and believe me, I've heard the arguments for and against God hundreds of times. I been in plenty of debates regarding the situation, and won and lost many. When people refer to the Bible/Quran etc as an 'old book', its generally to make the text in question sound any less less valid or the person in question's opinion sound more valid.

Buddhism isn't a religion, it's a way of life.

Old ideas aren't always valid - look at the beginning of the bible: that ideas there have been debunked a million times. Look at Newton's law of gravitation: it's wrong! Any "proof" for god or gods has been shown to be unscientific ramblings.