Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Reggie Teases, "Big Holiday Game to Be Revealed At E3"

Fandango

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol, I was on the dkvine literally the other night- Friday- and I never even noticed that rumour. I had tunnel vision cos I was going straight for the artwork section. The guys that run that site know their stuff so even though its a rumour, I'd hope they aren't just sending us on a wild goose chase of hope and hype.

DKC4 would be the only game we need in the second half of the year from Nintendo! :yay:

DKC4 would be the only game we need in the second half of the year from Nintendo! :yay:

The thing is that if this is true how close to the original games would it be seeing as it wouldnt be Rare making the game? I mean I loved Jungle Beat as much as the next gamer but for me it wasnt even in the same league as the DKC trilogy.

Yeah I know what you mean, they talk about that on dkvine too. As far as I know, most of the key people at Rare who worked on the DKC games have since moved on- namely the Stamper brothers, so if the current Rare were to make DKC4 then it could be just as bad as having anyone else work on it. Who knows though, cos we have this up and coming Wario Land game which is 2D so it wouldn't be terrible if Nintendo make DKC4 internally- Shigsy could even make it a quality game seeing as he's reportedly not a lover of DKC. :laughing:

Id be wary if its farmed out to the people that made Jungle Climber. DKC4 needs some ACM graphics and all that stuff rather than a cartoony look, imo.

NEWS FLASH:

Nintendo Sell UK Developer, Rare, To Microsoft In Multimillion Dollar Deal

OK, so Rare have ported to and created new titles for DS, but does anyone really think Microsoft would allow Rare to develop for a home console other than XBOX?

If anything DK related is coming, it'll be a follow up to Jungle Beat or Konga with Waggle.

NEWS FLASH:

Nintendo Sell UK Developer, Rare, To Microsoft In Multimillion Dollar Deal

OK, so Rare have ported to and created new titles for DS, but does anyone really think Microsoft would allow Rare to develop for a home console other than XBOX?

If anything DK related is coming, it'll be a follow up to Jungle Beat or Konga with Waggle.

What are you on about? Why couldnt Nintendo just get another developer to make it?! Rare dont own any of the property involved with the game.

Exactly, DK is Nintendo's property. Even the characters like Diddy etc are all Nintendo's (snide) and so have appeared in Brawl, Hoops 3vs3 etc...

I don't think M$ would let Rare make Wii games. It would possibly be a ludicrous money spinner but Rare would have to spend an age making a Wii game when they could be creating hi-def textures for Banjo's rucksack.

Pointless see?

What are you on about? Why couldnt Nintendo just get another developer to make it?! Rare dont own any of the property involved with the game.

Some characters they do though don't they.. I mean we havent seen k rool since.

edit: hmm on second thought I guess not

No one said Rare are making it though. We were saying about who else could be making it, and could they do the same justice to the series as Rare?

hmmm namco? ha

Why don;t nintendo just do it themselves? It seems like ncl don't do very much anymore.

Super mario galaxy?Mario kart wii? wario ware? Is there much more?

Would DKC4 really be that casual though? I still think its most likely to be Animal Crossing Wii or Pickmen 3. Perhaps they'll reveal more than one decent game though. I haven't completely ruled out Kid Icarus or F-Zero.

They could get Capcom to do it I guess.

hmmm namco? ha

Why don;t nintendo just do it themselves? It seems like ncl don't do very much anymore.

Super mario galaxy?Mario kart wii? wario ware? Is there much more?

NCL is Nintendo's main branch, SMG and MK were made by EAD and Wario Ware by Intelligent systems.

Would DKC4 really be that casual though? I still think its most likely to be Animal Crossing Wii or Pickmen 3. Perhaps they'll reveal more than one decent game though. I haven't completely ruled out Kid Icarus or F-Zero.

They could get Capcom to do it I guess.

What do you mean by "that casual"? If that's because of DK:JB, it wasn't casual at all, don't be fooled by the kongas.

Exactly, internally. And thats probably the best course of action- especially if a 3D DKC4 was to materialise because Rare's DK64 was not what we were asking for.

For the record, DK Jungle Beat is not the same as the DKC series.

It's still the best 2D platformer to come out in years (except maybe for NSMB) and it's a DK.

"There's gonna be a big game for the holiday that the gamers will want," he said. "All I can tell you is what we announce during E3 is gonna be fantastic. The gamer is gonna be excited and the expanded audience is gonna be excited."

I think the idea of a casual game is being thrown around because of the bolded section of Reggies quote. It really depends how much you read into it, it could be a game that appeals to both gamers and expanded audience or it could be seperate games altogether.

my predictions

Zelda Wind waker (Gamecube version remasterred on wii)

Metroid primes 1 and 2 ( same as above)

Ocarina of Time DS

New Super Mario Bros 2 (Uses the 2d platforming element used in galaxy)

Animal Crossing Wii

F zero wii

Luigis Mansion 2

Wii music

Wii fit 2????

Pokemon Platnum

Smash brothers DS??

Pikmin 3

A brand new wii sport/fit style esc game. Wii fight???

3rd party games

sonic chronicles

Golden sun 3

Dragon ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 4 ( will this series ever end??)

Banjo Kazooie Ds?? - To balance rarewares equation. 2 360 games and 2 ds games

Viva Pinata DS

my predictions

Zelda Wind waker (Gamecube version remasterred on wii)

Metroid primes 1 and 2 ( same as above)

Ocarina of Time DS

New Super Mario Bros 2 (Uses the 2d platforming element used in galaxy)

Animal Crossing Wii

F zero wii

Luigis Mansion 2

Wii music

Wii fit 2????

Pokemon Platnum

Smash brothers DS??

Pikmin 3

A brand new wii sport/fit style esc game. Wii fight???

3rd party games

sonic chronicles

Golden sun 3

Dragon ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 4 ( will this series ever end??)

Banjo Kazooie Ds?? - To balance rarewares equation. 2 360 games and 2 ds games

Viva Pinata DS

Shall we go on to talk about the difference between predictions and desire?

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!