NEurope
jayseven

The P-p-p-punofficial N-E Quiz

You people suck. Discworld Noir is an excellent game.

And either of you two could have been in the lead if you had put your singing voices on. You can still try. As they say; It aint over until the fat lady sings.

Ok, kiddies, here's my questions:

Round 15

1. Find me the area under the curve 1/x (1 + sqrtx)^2 (2 points) After a lack of definition on my part, Supergrunch gets it.

2. What is the only country who's single-word name has all the orthographic vowels in? Eddage knows his country names.

3. Why was the time on the line of longitude passing through Greenwich chosen as the time from which other's are measured? Raining_again times it well...

4. What is odd about the point 39 12 13.58 S 179 39 50.39 E? Moogleviper seems to be the only person caperble of working out the Earth is round...

5. What flavour are the soothers that are still on my chest of drawers in my bedroom? Nintendohnut knows his drugs!

6. Why couldn't Haggis sleep on the night of 28th-29th October last year? The Villan only knows this because he is Mr Pennyworth...

7. What happened on 12 April 1961? Ground control to Major Sanchez...

8. In what country were same-sex unions first recognised in modern history? Killthenet got this 'un

9. Find a post by Supergrunch, and look at his signature. What has the speaker missed? Jayseven found the sun! Evolution works!

10. The makers sells it, the buyer doesn't use it, and the user never sees it. What is it? EEVILMURRY is a coffin expert, it would seem.

Good luck, kiddies.

3. Greenwich was chosen is, that as a consequence, the international date line runs through the Pacific. This is convenient since there do not happen to live many people.

3. Greenwich was chosen is, that as a consequence, the international date line runs through the Pacific. This is convenient since there do not happen to live many people.

It's actually because it allows the date line to be almost perfectly straight, with the least required alterations for islands, but now I'm being a pedant...

10. A coffin.

Trust you to go straight for the melancholic one, what with your birthday cartoon and all...

Trust you to go straight for the melancholic one, what with your birthday cartoon and all...

I wouldn't be EEVIL otherwise =D

6. He kept seeing Mr Pennywise the clown in his mind.

Freaky, eh?

7. First trip into space, Vostok 1

8. (guess) Sweden

I was looking for first man in space, but I'll give you that.

Oh, and ignore the fact you can only answer one until they're opened up, and tell you that that's wrong.

4. It is not a patch of land, just a point in the Pacific Ocean.

Correct, but that's not what's significant about it...

5) Mother-fuxxing Black-currant! (or just Black-currant, if you're not into random swears)

1) The area is infinite as it doesn't cross either axis. unless you mean between two certain points, i.e. a=1 and b=2.

1) The area is infinite as it doesn't cross either axis. unless you mean between two certain points, i.e. a=1 and b=2.

5) Cherry? (guess)

One at a time only, and I'm guessing Fish wants an indefinite integral.

ah ok sorry i didnt realise it was one at a time. I'll have to fish out my calculator in that case.

ah ok sorry i didnt realise it was one at a time. I'll have to fish out my calculator in that case.

Hmm, you have a TI89 or something?

it was more a figure of speech, my calculator is somewhere under some old A-level maths books in the darkest reaches of my bedroom. I've just been trying to remember how to solve this kinda integration. Quite fun really