Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The P-p-p-punofficial N-E Quiz

jayseven

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell, the quote was from the Interlingua wikipedia article on the origin of life. You can just google the quote and it comes up with the page, and you can return to the main page to find out the language, which I assume is what Noodleman did. I knew that most people wouldn't think of that, and would try and guess the language, because it looks tantalisingly like languages they might know, but is never quite right. That's why I chose the question. :heh:

Hell, the quote was from the Interlingua wikipedia article on the origin of life. You can just google the quote and it comes up with the page, and you can return to the main page to find out the language, which I assume is what Noodleman did. I knew that most people wouldn't think of that, and would try and guess the language, because it looks tantalisingly like languages they might know, but is never quite right. That's why I chose the question. :heh:

Thats exactly what I did, it was a slow day at work.

Is it starch solution?

Doublepost: They used potassium permanganate.

Also: Bagsy the next round.

It seems so, so I'll give you the points, but I think acidified potassium dichromate(VI) was used in the UK, hence the orange to green colour change. Ah well, I guess any oxidising agent works.

why thank you :) It's how poetry goes, isn't it? As a teen you get all angst and overburden everything with clichéd darkness, then you move onto ambiguity and novel metaphors to look right clever. I suppose next is seeing the beauty in the mundane and detritus of the world, and later I get all satirical, followed by a bit of wisteria and romantic reminiscence.

I love this statement.

I think it's going in my sig, it's a brilliant summation.

:D Yarp. I really wanted to go for the cryptic one, as I've always wanted to be good at them when in reality I'm utterly atrocious.

I just picked a Q and went with it. I like teh whole sleuthing-around-the-net thing, rather than it just being a googleable Q. Come on you other lazy forumites!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!