N-Europe

The Official MGS4 Thread.

Caris

Overall the plot really isn't that complicated, I have no idea what everyone's childhood trauma is about it. The devil is in the detail though and thats when it gets a bit tricky and even then its because there is so much detail.

Overall the plot really isn't that complicated, I have no idea what everyone's childhood trauma is about it. The devil is in the detail though and thats when it gets a bit tricky and even then its because there is so much detail.

I only think its complicated in the number of different factions and people who seem to move between them and/or work for more than one. Like I said in my previous post I think its the defecting and twists etc.. that make it more complicated.

I wasn't that bothered until people started telling me I shouldn't play the forth because of the plot.... I was really only looking forward to playing a decent stealth game with some over the top cut scenes with outrageous dialogue at time. which is what I enjoyed the PS1 game for.

I only have a problem with peoples intertwining back stories and such (like Naomi and Gray Fox) but anything relevant to the main plot I've never really had a problem with.

The Patriots being dead for 200 years....wtf?

I'd recommend playing MGS2 before MGS4 just because naturally its an evolution and I can imagine it being more fun because of likenesses and such.

Does anyone know if we are meant to know what happened to Raiden between MGS2 and 4?

I only have a problem with peoples intertwining back stories and such (like Naomi and Gray Fox) but anything relevant to the main plot I've never really had a problem with.

The Patriots being dead for 200 years....wtf?

I'd recommend playing MGS2 before MGS4 just because naturally its an evolution and I can imagine it being more fun because of likenesses and such.

Does anyone know if we are meant to know what happened to Raiden between MGS2 and 4?

hmm...i guess i could dig out my xbox and try and pick up a copy for that...

Anyway I think I'm gonna try complete the GTA 4 story before tackling this...which takes me to my next point...in order to avoid spoilers do people reckon we should have a seperate thread for MGO and setting up games etc...on that?

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

My play.com order status moved from preordered to-

Order Placed

What does ‘Order placed’ mean?

Your order has been placed, but payment is not yet being processed.

Before we start to process your payment you may cancel your order without penalty.

Stay spoiler free guys. Cant wait. My limited edition is good by the way so i am happy. Should i ebay it or just keep it. I am poor but i love Snake.

Yeah thats why I am thinking I may give this thread a miss after next week which is why we need a MGO thread.

OMFG! My order at play.com has also changed to "order placed"!!

I can't wait! :D

Oh, and for anyone that's looknig for an alternative to the MGS4 headset, check this, I've heard favourable things about it: http://www.gameseek.co.uk/pd/PS3pyser7u5ch3/Gioteck-Wireless-Bluetooth-Headset-EX-01-

EDIT: Actually, with shipping, it's about the same cost as it is at play, so might as well buy from there: http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStation3/4-/3593100/Gioteck-EX-01-Bluetooth-Headset-For-PS3/Product.html

2008 version > 2006 version...

It's nice to see how it's improved through out it's development cycle but really it's all relative, the games released in a matter of days (officially :heh: ) and it's gonna own.