N-Europe

The Official MGS4 Thread.

Caris

None at all.

Cheers, I didn't want to take any risks. :heh:

Edit: I can't be arsed to go to the signing on Monday. It'll probably be crap weather.

MGS4 scores big in early reviews

Early review scores seem to confirm that Konami's Metal Gear Solid 4 is going to be huge, just in case there was ever any doubt.

Bear in mind that these scores were put on the net by a Neogaf poster and that we haven't actually seen all of them first hand ourselves - Metacritic currently lists just one review, the 10/10 US PlayStation magazine one, but we've also read the UK one.

PlayStation Official Magazine (UK): 10/10

PlayStation Official Magazine (US): 10/10

PlayStation Official Magazine (Italy): 10/10

PlayStation Official Magazine (Dutch): 9.6/10

Level (Sweden): 10/10

Joypad (France): 19/20

Jeuxvideo Magazine (France): 18/20

The game releases worldwide on June 12.

No big surprise the official PS Magazines give it full marks.

41zvOTUQvOL._SS500_.jpg

Just pre-ordered the Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots: Prima Official Game Guide: Collector's Guide, £13.73.

And I've changed my mind again I am going to HMV on Monday. Just found out my boss is going. :heh:

I have to Start Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence agian becuse I saved it and, I was in a boss battle then after I saved it I turend it of the when I come back to play on it it said no dater I went on a new game and, when I saved the new game my other one was not there.

MGS4 SKUs and bundles

Japan:

Limited Edition

itemVT007-J1p1_1.jpg

Standard Edition

itemVT006-J1p1_1.jpg

Limited Edition bundle

itemVT008-J1p1_1.jpg

"Welcome Box" bundle

2vk192h.jpg

20ho9yq.jpg

xaqn11.jpg

USA:

Standard Edition

5o5ert.jpg

Limited Edition

23moodj.jpg

Standard bundle

e5iaz5.jpg

Limited Edition bundle

2rejz1x.jpg

Europe & Australia

Standard Edition

51KePFp5hcL._SS400_.jpg

Limited Edition

news_img_9998_0.jpg

newsimg99981lv8.jpg

Standard bundle

143619_detail.jpg

Ive pre-orderd that limited edition guide from amzone, like daft. Im not sure whether to get the headset from game.co.uk as its £40. I cant get limited edition, so Im going to find it, hopefully early, and get the limited edition off ebay at somepoint. Given that it doesnt come back to play 2 weeks after release or something.

Gamepro has written: MGS4 is without a doubt one of the greatest games of all time.

mgs4ryy0.jpg

I was just about to post that Rob! My hype level has officially gone off the charts!

The 1st song Dante posted is simply amazing.

I know. I partly ordered Rock Band to distract me. I MUST de-hype myself.

I'm not sure how to do this though...:(

Just a note can we be careful posting stuff? (Excessive spoilertags) I've almost made it to the game spoiler free and I don't want to spoil it just before. :smile:

Just a note can we be careful posting stuff? (Excessive spoilertags) I've almost made it to the game spoiler free and I don't want to spoil it just before. :smile:

Agreed. I am being very careful in regards to which websites I will be visiting in the run up to the games release. I can see some idiotic xbox fan posting major spoilers in a thread title over on the GT and G-Faqs PS3 boards.

Excellent!

IGN have a catch up article:

Making Sense of Metal Gear Solid

I'm going to prepare for MGS4 by playing through MGS3 next week. I can finally tell you what I think of it HoT. :hehe:

Then I'm going to spend the next couple days convincing myself MGS4 is going to be shite. I've been at this level of hype from about a week before GTAIV came out. :indeed:

Oh I am silly... heh. Love the 'European Extreeme Edition' thing though.

So Mr Daft, do you have Subsistence or Snake Eater? Subsistence is much much better. I recommend the investment.

Edit: Dante where'd you get that picture from?

Oh I am silly... heh. Love the 'European Extreeme Edition' thing though.

So Mr Daft, do you have Subsistence or Snake Eater? Subsistence is much much better. I recommend the investment.

Edit: Dante where'd you get that picture from?

Sadly just the standard Snake Eater which I got for under £5. Subsistence was just under £20 so I thought I'd save my money. I only really got it for the story, and hey, MGS4 is out in 2 weeks. :heh:

Warning spoilers from the game are out.

8 minutes installation. For the whole time, you get a model of Snake's head, shoulders and arms, smoking cigarettes. Each time he stubs some of the ash off the cigarette, a message shows up telling you to be responsible with liter and use an ashtray.

Codec is in the main menu. You can also change the select button to do a number of functions.

There's a virtual shooting range in the menu.

There are four or five difficulty levels. Each named after one of the Snakes with the hardest being Big Boss difficulty level. You start off the game with a stun knife for CQC and in a cutscene, Snake picks up a rifle really slowly, using his knife to help him.

The game starts with a cooking show being filmed in a bunker. They show a bunch of stuff Snake has eaten in Snake Eater. It is filmed with real live actors.

There's a TV ad that follows, presenting someone on a motorcycle being chased by some huge robotic mantis thing. The clip states it is an advert for Mantis Security Systems.

Following these clips is a cutscene of Snake in a cemetery, where Otacon and Campbell lands by helicopter. Next, he finds himself on the back of a truck and taken to a warzone. He's wearing a big robe to disguise himself. There's a huge gunfight with the credits flashing up. Snake finally loses the robe and uses the octocamo suit to disguise himself from the Gekkos.

The whole begining is interspersed with small bits of gameplay. All the way through, you don't have access to the radar. Otacon tells you to find Metal Gear MKII. Once you find the device, you'll get the Solid Eye and the radar showing up in the top right corner, along with a few new weapons.

YES! My best mate is getting a ps3 after his exams! That means I will be able to play the best game of all time! WOOOOHOOOOO! It also helps that he lives right opposite me. You don't understand how happy I am....I will most likely buy a copy of MGS4 myself as my best mate is not into MGS at all. Bastard....but yes....so haps baby!

Warning spoilers from the game are out.

8 minutes installation. For the whole time, you get a model of Snake's head, shoulders and arms, smoking cigarettes. Each time he stubs some of the ash off the cigarette, a message shows up telling you to be responsible with liter and use an ashtray.

Codec is in the main menu. You can also change the select button to do a number of functions.

There's a virtual shooting range in the menu.

There are four or five difficulty levels. Each named after one of the Snakes with the hardest being Big Boss difficulty level. You start off the game with a stun knife for CQC and in a cutscene, Snake picks up a rifle really slowly, using his knife to help him.

The game starts with a cooking show being filmed in a bunker. They show a bunch of stuff Snake has eaten in Snake Eater. It is filmed with real live actors.

There's a TV ad that follows, presenting someone on a motorcycle being chased by some huge robotic mantis thing. The clip states it is an advert for Mantis Security Systems.

Following these clips is a cutscene of Snake in a cemetery, where Otacon and Campbell lands by helicopter. Next, he finds himself on the back of a truck and taken to a warzone. He's wearing a big robe to disguise himself. There's a huge gunfight with the credits flashing up. Snake finally loses the robe and uses the octocamo suit to disguise himself from the Gekkos.

The whole begining is interspersed with small bits of gameplay. All the way through, you don't have access to the radar. Otacon tells you to find Metal Gear MKII. Once you find the device, you'll get the Solid Eye and the radar showing up in the top right corner, along with a few new weapons.

Keep em coming Dante!:smile: