N-Europe

The Official MGS4 Thread.

Caris

becasue they want to rip you off.

I'm actually very unconvinced by this game. i don't know why but I'm just not that bothered any more- all I expect is waffle cutscenes with average gameplay pulling them together. Nothing special really.

Absolutely, it's about £42.50 in USA for this limited edition. People buying it need to remember that, if you all buy it, then mission accomplished for these dickheads selling it for twice the price to extort people in the UK yet again.

Let's face it - the figurine will probably be really crappy, the 'how we made the game' disc is usually not worth watching, and the OST you'd probably never buy anyway. Well, you might, but it's not worth the extra cost.

Ok I have just watched the MGS4 Theatrical Trailer and it is freaking awesome. I couldnt get the kotaku ones to work so I managed to find it on youtube.

WOW

Not going to check Kotaku. they are spoiling the game.

I miss Metal Gear Online beta so much already. :(

Konami Holds Metal Gear Solid 4 Completion Event

Metal Gear Solid 4 is complete. That much was learned a week ago via a development blog that revealed to the world that the game had gone gold.

Today, Konami is making things a bit more official through an official completion ceremony for the game. The two hour press and insider event is being held from 1:00PM to 3:00PM at the theater complex in Tokyo's Roppongi Hills business/shopping/tourist district (you can get a lot done at Roppongi Hills -- Konami actually had its office here a couple of years back).

The itinerary for the event calls for a first glimpse at the game's Japanese commercials, an airing of the game's seventeen minute introduction, all followed by greetings from high ranking insiders like Sony Computer entertainment Japan president Kaz Hirai and Metal Gear director/producer/etc Hideo Kojima.

The main part of the event is a lengthy gameplay session where Kojima will play the game for a full forty minutes.

Finally, Konami will close off the event with some business talk about the collaborations it has planned for the game along with a talk event with a few guests.

We'll be delivering new details as they emerge from the event along with tons of pics of Kojima standing next to that sexy Japanese MGS4 premium PS3.

UPDATE: 1:15PM

The event kicks off with commercials for cell phones, then uniqlo clothing, then Rega energy drinks.

WHAT IN THE WORLD IS GOING ON!?

Next, one of those no smoking, no talking splashes you always see before movies only MGSified, complete with the alert sound effect and finsihing with This is Metal Gear Solid 4. Enjoy with Us.

Next, a commercial for Praying Mantis unmanned surveilence systems. Next, a spot for Werewolf. Next, a sexy spot one for presumably the Octocam camoflauge.

Ahh, I get it... the ads promised in the itinerary were actually mock ads for Metal Gear Solid 4 technology, not ads for the game. Clever.

These sports are wonderfully produced, mixing CG and live footage.

Next, an original Dolby Digital splash.

And finally, the start of the MGS4 introduction.

Presumably, all this was done to make attendees feel like they're eactually watching a movie. And since Kojima wants us to feel like we're watching a movie, and we're sure you want to experience the Metal Gear Solid 4 intro for yourself, we're going to sign out for the duration of the 17 minute intro.

UPDATE: 1:30

That intro was all realtime and mixed with interactive and non-interactive elements, with more of the non-interactive. You've actually seen much of it in past trailers, but we'll keep quiet on the details. Just know that it's absolutely awesome

Next, Fumiaki Tanaka, Konami president. He speaks about how Konami took the challenge to make a hardcore game like Metal Gear Solid 4 despite the movement towards casual games of late. He believes they were able to use the power of the PS3 to deliver the developer's vision as is.

Now he's recapping the limited edition and also mentions that Konami will be working on a number of collaborations aside from this.

He turns the mic to Kojima.

Everyone claps for Kojima, who comes out in a gray and black casual suit! Stylin!

UPDATE: 1:45

Kojima notes that MGS4 represents a number of challenges, from dealing with the PS3 hardware to going with HD visuals and surround sound.

He also mentions some sort of analogy likening the development of the game to traveling to the moon apparently on the starship PS3. We're going to have to look at that one a bit more before quoting him, though.

Next, actual commercials for the game! Some show footage from the game, others are more focused on teh PS3 hardware. Four commercials in all are shown. They are just like other PlayStation brand commercials, with the THUD sound and PlayStation logo at the beginning.

The commercials were apparently made with the cooperation of Sony.

Next, Kaz Hirai. He relates how he got a call from Kojima in which he was asked to see MGS4 before showing it to everyone else. He got to see the game played directly by Kojima.

He says that Sony will work with Konami worldwide on the marketing of the game. Outside of the hardware bundles, Sony is planning three days of MGS4 features on the PlayStation Network. We presume these are video features.

Next, a photo session with the PS3 and Kojima, Hirai and Tanaka.

UPDATE: 1:50

Next, commercials for presumably the US. These feel more like movie spots -- definitely more intense than the Japanese spots.

Following this, a lengthy forty minute gameplay presentation played live by a staff member as Kojima provides commentary. We're going to once again go dark for this so that you get to experience the game for yourself.

UPDATE: 2:14

Holy Kojima! This gameplay session is hot!

A couple of non-spoiler bits from the gameplay session. Kojima showed what appears to be some tie-up promotions. He had Snake select Regain 24 energy drink from the item menu. The drink appears as a high res 3D model, complete with a full product description (Kojima and his assistant actually took out their own real Regain drinks and drank them, causing the majority of the press to violate the no photography rule).

The next promotion was an iPod. There's actually an iPod item in the game, again shown in a high res 3D model. Kojima had Snake pick up a CD item from the stage then play it back in his iPod. You can listen to the songs that you pick up along the way as you play the game. Snake's assistant can be seen dancing to the music when you're in the item screen.

UPDATE: 2:32

The gameplay demonstration ended with a showing of the Tanegashima which appears to release tornados on the battle field. Kojima says he'd just showed us 1/12.5 of the game.

Producer Kenichiro Imaizumi appears next to Kojima to talk about the collaborations for the game -- some of the stuff that was shown in the gameplay session and mentioned above.

He first shows off an ad showing off Snake drinking Regain. MGS4 Regain will be available at convenience stores on 6/14 with a cell phone screen cleaner included.

Next, Ga-Ko alarm clock -- an alarm shaped like a rubber ducky. Yes, this does appear to have something to do with the game.

Next, a Sony Ericson celphone -- model W62S. This cell phone is used by Vamp and other characters in the game.

Next, footage of Snake riding a motorcycle. Is this next product an MGS4 motorcycle!? Actually, it's just a Triumph motorcycle, which appears in the game.

Next, a collaboration with Assassin's Creed! The April Fool's Joke was true! Snake will be able to dress up just like in the April Fool's trailer once he's done something special in the game!

Jade Raymond delivers a video message, congratulating the Kojima Productions team.

Finally, a collaboration with Uniqlo clothing for t-shirts and other items. Konami hopes to release these worldwide.

UPDATE: 2:46

Next, the best collaboration of them all! Gravure idol Akina Minami will appear as posters in the game. This applies to the worldwide versions of the game, marking Minami's debut on the world scene.

Finally, Kojima reveals plans for a tour that will take the staff throughout the world around launch, touching on cities like, Tokyo, London, Madrid, Milano, Amsterdam, Paris, New York, Los Angeles, and San Francisco.

UPDATE: 3:00

Kojima offers some parting words, then shares short trailer, along with some footage taking us inside the Kojima Productions Studio for the game's development.

The event has come to an end, so we'll be closing off this mini blog here. Check back later tonight for more details along with pictures from the event.

But wait! There's more! Just before telling everyone to leave, a voice appears in the background hinting at a surprise on launch day. "Akihabara, New York, LA -- worldwide live broadcast."

Then the same voice mentions some sort of project, along with the word "sequel."

Hmm....

We're not sure what Konami and Kojima are hinting at, but we hope they let us know, at least about the launch day surprise, some time before 6/12.

Official site is online!

MGS4: Drink AD

main_img.jpg

e0o8bp.jpg

2n6rqkj.jpg

smznko.jpg

2hhlu1d.jpg

oqyniv.jpg

Seems like Sony and Konami are making MGS4 marketing whore.

moblies phones, ipods and drinks.

mgs28.jpg

mgs29.jpg

mgs30.jpg

mgs31.jpg

mgs38.jpg

mgs39.jpg

mgs40.jpg

mgs05.jpg

Human BB.

cryingwolfza9.png

ragingravenoq2.png

laughingoctopuscr6.png

screamingmantisfk1.png

crying wolf :)

I cant wait. I am hyped for MGO as well. Couldnt get enough of it.

Apparently they are going to do a download on PSN for a program so you can check stats etc for both MGS4 and MGO without the disk.

MGS4 HDD install is 4.7GB btw. Guessing it includes MGO?

WTF!?! Hello....what about Europe (and I really mean what about London)?

London is there was listed first actually. I think Paris was there too.