N-Europe

Umbrella Chronicles ships one million units worldwide!

Tito

For Resident Evil fans out there, this is great news. I'm pretty sure the fact that both RE Wii titles sold more than a million (so far. If Vgchartz is to be believed, RE4 is not far from the second million.) copies will not be lost on Capcom, and we just might be a bit closer to seeing RE5 Wii Edition!

source: http://www.joystiq.com/2008/03/04/umbrella-chronicles-ships-a-million-units-worldwide/

Ok, we're takling about major graphical downgrades, but RE5 should come to Wii. If it looks half as goos as RE4: Wii Edition, then thats more then acceptable.

Cacom gave their faith to Nintendo during the Gamecube era - and GC wasn't the market leader. The Wii is. DO IT CAPCOM. Make this gamer happy!

Ok, we're takling about major graphical downgrades, but RE5 should come to Wii. If it looks half as goos as RE4: Wii Edition, then thats more then acceptable.

Cacom gave their faith to Nintendo during the Gamecube era - and GC wasn't the market leader. The Wii is. DO IT CAPCOM. Make this gamer happy!

Areas would have to been cutout/smaller, physics would be far worse, AI would be far worse, amount of enemies on screen would be far worse, important effects would be missing etc

We do not just talk downgrades in visuals when it comes from 360/PS3 to Wii, we talk about major changes to the gameplay itself if such a demanding game shall be made on such a weak hardware

Why would you wanted a stripped down version of ps3/360 games?

They should use an upgraded RE:4 engine and give us an exclusive game.

My thoughts exactly...We are not talking differences between the PS2 and GC version of RE4, we are talking differences comparable to REmake vs RE1 on the PS1(but not a remake this time and therefore the differences will be even more apparent)

My thoughts exactly...We are not talking differences between the PS2 and GC version of RE4, we are talking differences comparable to REmake vs RE1 on the PS1(but not a remake this time and therefore the differences will be even more apparent)

That's bullshit and you know it. Its not like zombies are smart, they walk towards you and sometimes dodge, graphically yes there will be differences but people wont care its not like in PS1 were the characters were a bunch of basic coloured 3D geometrical shapes glued together.

And I want to punch black people.

Capcom will be giving us GC RE series ports with Wii-Mote added ons than RE5

With luck, they probably will give us GC ports AND RE5. They won't do RE5 Wii Edition unless they are really convinced it will do well. GC-Wii ports are cheap and quick, but "porting" a PS3 game to the Wii effectively means developing a new game, since very little can be used from the PS3 version. Still, money talks, and loudly: if they think they will profit from it, they will do it, and RE's success on the Wii just might lead them to this conclusion. And why would I want to play a game on an inferior hardware? That's easy: for one, I don't have the "superior" hardware! I might have one by the time RE5 comes out, but it's not likely. I have a PC, and pretty much every 360\PS3 game I REALLY want to play find its way to the PC eventually (with some notable exceptions.... Final Fantasy, Metal Gear... where are you!?!?:( ). And as outlandish as this may sound to most of you, in my country (Brazil) a gaming-capable PC is actually CHEAPER than a PS3:confused: :confused: ! Still, given a choice between a Wii version or a PC\PS3\360 RE5 version, I'd actually strongly consider the Wii version. Despite the fact I had beaten RE4 twice when I picked up the Wii Edition, the new control was compelling enough to bring me back for two more playthroughs, and I guess that says something about the Wii's "fun factor" potential.

I too had a lot of fun with RE4:Wii. They managed to make the perfect GC game even better. The controls did a lot to add even more to the game.

Seeing how well both RE games have done, it really wasn't a surprise another RE title would show up. It's just a little sad that they chose to bring RE0 to us (well, Japanese gamers for now...). In a way, I can see why. RE0 was released after REmake and by the time it was released, a lot of hype had died down. Only the die hard fans picked it up.

The game was actually very likable, I managed to complete it, while I couldnt do that with RE1. Will the new version sell as well as the other two? So far, RE4 has sold around 130K and RE:UC did around 250K in Japan, according to VG Chartz (take it with a grain of salt).

Personally, I doubt it'll cross the 100K. I just wish Capcom would pour real effort next time and deliver either an RE2 remake, RE4 spin-off or RE5 side-story. I think we can all agree that we want another RE4-style game using an enhanced engine.

We should make our voices heard to Capcom, it worked for Okami... :)

This is good news. It's a great game and desreves it. I have noticed that Wii software sales are really strong. Loads of games have sold over 1 million copies, so far only 2 games have done that on PS3.

I think Capcom should give us RE5 now, just do it on the RE4 engine.

That's bullshit and you know it. Its not like zombies are smart, they walk towards you and sometimes dodge, graphically yes there will be differences but people wont care its not like in PS1 were the characters were a bunch of basic coloured 3D geometrical shapes glued together.

And I want to punch black people.

Nope, it is fact

The only reason why the zombies were still stupid in REmake was because it was a remake...And we have seen that the enemies in RE4 were much smarter than them

Sure, it will not look like PS1 graphics, but it will be as big as the difference between REmake and RE1

Then you can add in smaller areas and worse physics

I rather have them build an exclusive RE for the Wii from the ground up then give us an incompetent, craptastic (you know it'll happen), version of RE5.

Nonetheless, though, good news! Hopefully this will encourage publishers that the Wii does have a mature audience.

Bit of an exageration but I agree with you. Jordan shares those views as well. I understand why people would want RE5 on Wii but I just don't think it is worth the hassle. Less re-makes and ports, more games please Capcom.

I contributed to both of those figures. Never played Resi in my life and then get both Wii editions in succession with less than a month gap!

I think an exclusive would be cool too, and not completely unlikely. I wonder if the camera will be similar to the style of 4. I reckon 4 with slight graphics update and shooting whilst moving would be good.

I know we are all tired of quick cash-ins and ports, but seriously give Capcom a chance! It's one thing to port old PS2 games, and another to port NEW games that just happened to be launched first on the other consoles. And besides, as long as the port takes advantage of the Wii and I haven't played it before, I don't really mind. I had a lot of fun with "The Godfather: Blackhand Edition", the Wii controls really added to the experience. That said, considering that "porting" a PS3\360 game to the Wii is pretty much like developing a new game (which is why Spore is on indefinite hold), it's quite possible that Capcom chooses to bring us an original RE altogether. But for those of you who REALLY hate ports, I suggest you brace yourself for the worst: if RE0 Wii does, we can expect every single old RE game to find it's way to the Wii.