Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

LittleBigPlanet Thread

Daft

Okay, so I'm getting this game for Christmas. Is the playability really good or is it really about the style and design of the levels and characters?

Replayability is good due to user-created content and if you get the bug for making your own levels. (It WILL happen!) Co-op play is also great fun. (And a hoot!)

Style and design is as incredible as you can imagine :D

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Replayability is good due to user-created content and if you get the bug for making your own levels. (It WILL happen!) Co-op play is also great fun. (And a hoot!)

Style and design is as incredible as you can imagine :D

But what about the actual playability! Doesn't look amazing to be honest!

Can you import pictures etc. Can you make your own sackboys? Can you create cut scenes, add voices, music. What are the limitations?

But what about the actual playability! Doesn't look amazing to be honest!

Can you import pictures etc. Can you make your own sackboys? Can you create cut scenes, add voices, music. What are the limitations?

You can make LOADS of your own sackboys. Add music (and tweak most songs) from a preset library (which you can expand via unlockables in levels.)

Playability is excellent. But look at the MGS DLC for proof of the extra content that's being brought to the table. If you have an eyetoy/PS3 Eye you can import pics (you can;t import nowt from your HDD at the moment.)

Limitations? Your imagination :heh:

I keep thinking its 'Little planet Big thread' and it makes me chuckle, then I realise it's not. Anywho, I really like the look of this game. Seems like something that could draw me from just playing mariokart, heh. Small matter of a ps3 but, yeah.

I keep thinking its 'Little planet Big thread' and it makes me chuckle, then I realise it's not. Anywho, I really like the look of this game. Seems like something that could draw me from just playing mariokart, heh. Small matter of a ps3 but, yeah.

Molly...can you not "borrow" Rez' PS3 ;)

LBP has got amazing potential. The design and flexibility of the sack"people" is amazing.

Loves it! :heart:

Molly...can you not "borrow" Rez' PS3 ;)

LBP has got amazing potential. The design and flexibility of the sack"people" is amazing.

Loves it! :heart:

Well my brother has a ps3 I spose, he plays far cry, pes and medal of honour or something, but I'm sure he can have a night off. Could take his and borrow the game from ReZ, hmmm, a plan is formulating! :)

Yeah, I have a PS3 for blurays but this game just sounds too good to be true! I really wish I was a student....or unemployed.... I just won't have the time to really play with it. Looking forward to it!! Maybe we can create a Mario Kart level! Is this possible!?

PS Molly, if you play MK why don't you ever venture to the Wii boards and play ?

Well my brother has a ps3 I spose, he plays far cry, pes and medal of honour or something, but I'm sure he can have a night off. Could take his and borrow the game from ReZ, hmmm, a plan is formulating! :)

I will allow you to borrow it.

Lol. Yeah I havn't played it much recently, but I'm sure I'll dabble again at some point.

HELP PLEASE!

I can't get LBP to run on my PS3....it has been since I downloaded the 1.07 patch. It just loads up and gets stuck on the screen that says "Information Do not switch off whilst the HDD light is flashing"

I have tried uninstalling the game data (which contains patches etc..) and reinstalled the patch to the same result

All this as the MGS is about to hit :(

I've now played some extremely good levels, I don't think anyone here knows how much I want to make levels to the sort of standard we have already. It would be so cool to get thousands of hearts and plays but it's just not going to happen :(

HELP PLEASE!

I can't get LBP to run on my PS3....it has been since I downloaded the 1.07 patch. It just loads up and gets stuck on the screen that says "Information Do not switch off whilst the HDD light is flashing"

I have tried uninstalling the game data (which contains patches etc..) and reinstalled the patch to the same result

All this as the MGS is about to hit :(

Mine crashed once there and i just restarted. Try disconnecting your internet and see.

I've now played some extremely good levels, I don't think anyone here knows how much I want to make levels to the sort of standard we have already. It would be so cool to get thousands of hearts and plays but it's just not going to happen :(

Maybe if more than one of yous here get together to make one you might be able to.

Yes lag is definately affected by distance. I've played with others from London with no lag.

Looks like the US has the MGS update. We get it tommorow I hope. Or after Christmas.

It's up! Although oddly when I went on the store the character pack was on the latest page (but lumped in with the xmas content, not at the top) but the level pack wasn't. However if you go to all games and get up little big planet its there on the level packs section.

I've just downloaded the pack as well as the Snake costume - awesome times lol. I'm really happy right now because of this and I've also made quite an advancement in the level I'm making - I'm gonna add a boss now that I can use the paintinnator !