NEurope
Daft

LittleBigPlanet Thread

I really want to make a level, and I have some good ideas too, but I just really can't seem to make it come to fruition. It's frustrating.

Its practice really. Also keep it simple.

what i have been doing borrowing bits from other creation tutorials to shortcut. e.g fireworks = search for levels using that and use the best one you find. Many of them are tutorials with prizes. :awesome:

Also

http://www.littlebigworkshop.com

is a huge help. Any level you like find the author and see how they pulled it off.

But IMO simple yet effective for your first stages.

Love the challenge levels people are now adding.

My levels should be ready soon. Started a challenge level as well. Got the basics in place.

Anyone tried the Metal Gear Wiggler level? :o

im finaly about to embark on a level of my own. going for somthing cliche just to get into the swing, bassicly going for an idiana jones type affair, so lots of silly booby traps, possibly have a swing into the plane for the level finish.

once i have that done, i have a plan for my magnum opuis. i would tell you the bassic level plan, but its just the right mix of cool, and relativly simple, that id rather show it off in person. also, youd all say its been done and id cry blood.

Love the challenge levels people are now adding.

My levels should be ready soon. Started a challenge level as well. Got the basics in place.

Anyone tried the Metal Gear Wiggler level? :o

Yes I was going to come on here and post about it. Loved it amazing....

I've missed so many great levels.

Media Molecule giving tips for challeneg levels was great now we have some real skill based multiplayer vs stages.

We can run high score challenges between us.

Anyone got the new god of war pack? good? worth it?

Its a small kit. Not like the MGS one with levels, music etc. You do get two costumes with it though (Medusa and Minotaur). If you do levels like Indiana Jones or tomb type stages ans want more stickers its perhaps worth a thought.

What sort of stuff do u get, besides costumes?

You get ancient themed stickers.

You get ancient themed stickers.

could use them for my level :p

played online today, got in a group with some strangers, going by costumes i'll assume a guy and two girls, and it was the best. no chatting just communication via emotion and hands, really enjoyed it, every one looked out for each outher, went back to pick people up. it wasnt just playing together, it was sharing an experience.

started my first level, its not exactly complex but its a start only a few seconds long atm but its so simple i havent found any gitches.

finaly starting to really apreciate it.

Yeah they have cleared up so many glitches. I want the online coop create. That'd be fun

Yeah they have cleared up so many glitches. I want the online coop create. That'd be fun

i dunno, i was online with some random guy today, i can honestly say our minds did not match, always doing things differently. making a level would be hell. unless you did like one of thouse pictures at school. you each to a little section without knowing what the outher has done. that would be cool.

i dunno, i was online with some random guy today, i can honestly say our minds did not match, always doing things differently.

Voice chat ftw! :awesome:

I can't wait for this feature. I think the levels will (again) reach new levels of creativity. Some amazing co-op levels could come about too. (As I feel there aren't enough amazing co-op games at the moment.)

Some people are making coop levels. Afew levels have two player versions.

if i had a steadfast mate to go through levels with in co op, at my house id be happy. its difficult doing simple things like timing it right with strangers who can;t hear you. playing dino land 2 (check it out, its very good) with people earlier, we ended up forming a giant chain of people rather then all grabbing what we should have. yes it was funny, but honestly, it was also very lucky. voice chat would help, but then id have to talk to little kids and i dont wanna be THAT guy.

if i had a steadfast mate to go through levels with in co op, at my house id be happy. its difficult doing simple things like timing it right with strangers who can;t hear you. playing dino land 2 (check it out, its very good) with people earlier, we ended up forming a giant chain of people rather then all grabbing what we should have. yes it was funny, but honestly, it was also very lucky. voice chat would help, but then id have to talk to little kids and i dont wanna be THAT guy.

You can use the official keypad or a keyboard. LBP has native support. So you dont have to bring up the keyboard menu. :awesome:

My level is near ready. Has a train section which i am sorting out now. You first have to enter a base via a cave/tunnel. Towards the end you get a train sequence. I hope its good. Its abit presentation focused. So i hope it looks nice enough.

Should be up by tommorow for a beta test. I hope the train part is not tough.

Just afew tips.

I did afew tricks like use switches on pistons to create lightning effects (flashes in the sky). Looks iffy but it does the job. Pistons moves fast so it happens quickly.

Added rain as well. Used each layer seperately so rain falls through inbetween.

Pictures incoming.

my level is making progress. ive found that cos im going back through the single player to ace levels, im able to look at how levels are made, which is giving me ideas.

so far my level is about 1/3 of the way through. its bassicly a set of little challenges, jumping fire pits etc while climbing up te inside of a building with the exit on the roof.

oh, and it took me two hours to do all the cowboy levels aceing them, but then i got my costume and it was all worth it

my level is making progress. ive found that cos im going back through the single player to ace levels, im able to look at how levels are made, which is giving me ideas.

so far my level is about 1/3 of the way through. its bassicly a set of little challenges, jumping fire pits etc while climbing up te inside of a building with the exit on the roof.

oh, and it took me two hours to do all the cowboy levels aceing them, but then i got my costume and it was all worth it

Sounds good.

Make the building collapse :p

Sounds good.

Make the building collapse :p

WHHHHATTT? that sounds a little beyond my ability, abotough i guess i could just have bombs linked to a switch....

i was planning to have a bit you had to blast out of. i'll try that, if i can get it to work, i might just exlode that shit.

WHHHHATTT? that sounds a little beyond my ability, abotough i guess i could just have bombs linked to a switch....

i was planning to have a bit you had to blast out of. i'll try that, if i can get it to work, i might just exlode that shit.

Try using dissolvable materials as well. You can connect them to sensor or magnetic switches.

I think this is the most casual game I have. Whilst I would love to be able to make awesome levels I have long since given up any hope of actually being good at doing it and instead just prefer to pop on every so often play some user created levels and have the odd game online.

I think this is the most casual game I have. Whilst I would love to be able to make awesome levels I have long since given up any hope of actually being good at doing it and instead just prefer to pop on every so often play some user created levels and have the odd game online.

i was the same, but actualy getting stuck into the design makes it easier. my level aint exactly great, but its atleast competant.

i dont expect it to get much attention, but the fact ive actualy made somthing to works (so far) is a real buzz. if it gets just one heart, it'l feel like a real achivment.