Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Formula 1 2008

MadDog

He would bound to have been overtaken eventually since you know, at the end Heikki wasn't going to make any more progress. I mean if Kovalienen had held Hamilton up long enough then Piquet could very well have pulled a surprise win out of the bag.

Cant really assume that, Heikki is a very good race driver and i feel really sorry for him. He was infront of Hamilton on the track? Why should he have to let him through? I think its great though that after the race he didn't go in a sulk like Hamilton would of...

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cant really assume that, Heikki is a very good race driver and i feel really sorry for him. He was infront of Hamilton on the track? Why should he have to let him through? I think its great though that after the race he didn't go in a sulk like Hamilton would of...

Well Heikki would have made a stronger challenge than Piquet or Massa did no doubt and I'm not saying Heikki isn't a good driver. But the pace Hamilton had all weekend was quicker than Heikki by a good chunk.

As awesome as Massa is I don't think he quite has enough to win a championship. Him and Kubica should swap teams; Kubica gets a car that can win races consistantly and Massa gets a car that will let him be outstanding every now and then :smile:

It's a bit stupid to be slagging off Massa, little Kimi isn't exactly flying. It was a great drive from Lewis, especially as it is known as a "Ferrari" track and as much as his team tried to cock up the race, he still pulled it off. I'd like to see a little more of Hiekki, he's a great racer and has a great car but doesn't seem to be quite jelling at the moment, which is quite weird because he is consistenly faster than almost everyone.

• 2 weeks later...
Wooo!!!!

Kovalainen wins :P

Pretty crap race though imo :S Not much really happened apart from Massa at the start and the end :P lol.

Not much happened?

Can't remember the last time i saw the guy about to win the race failing to finish.

It's a wee bit ironic really, the whole weekend was dominated by Mclaren, then it looked like Ferrari were gonna have the last laugh but but came Mclaren - well more like Massa's engine blew up. Fewer greater sights in the world than smoke coming out the back of a Ferrari.

Not the most thrilling race (Hungary rarely is) but possibly one of the craziest. As delighted as I am that Hamilton maintains the championship lead, I was still shocked and heartbroken for Massa who fully deserved victory. I'd have probably just sat in the car for a couple of hours and cried.

Not much happened?

Can't remember the last time i saw the guy about to win the race failing to finish.

It's a wee bit ironic really, the whole weekend was dominated by Mclaren, then it looked like Ferrari were gonna have the last laugh but but came Mclaren - well more like Massa's engine blew up. Fewer greater sights in the world than smoke coming out the back of a Ferrari.

Well i mentioned that, i was mostly saying that there was no overtaking or good battles in the whole race.

Congrats to Heikki, great drive from Glock, and pleased Kimi was able to capatalise and get a podium, as it's about time he had some good luck go his way!

Well i mentioned that, i was mostly saying that there was no overtaking or good battles in the whole race.
Well the Hungaroring has just got an extended contract until 2016, so another 8 years of processional racing!

I can!! VERY clearly!

Kimi, FINAL lap... [also watch the close-up at 1 minute in]

That's one reason I hate McLaren! and here's another for good measure:

I disagree with majority here, the circuit is one of the hardest on the calendar, and for once is not dominated by one driver or team. Seven different winners in the last 7 races, not many circuits are as open as that.

I disagree with majority here, the circuit is one of the hardest on the calendar, and for once is not dominated by one driver or team. Seven different winners in the last 7 races, not many circuits are as open as that.
Granted it does seems to throw up more interesting races than the likes of San Marino [ever did] and Monaco.

The commentary was awful today. Allen didn't even say anything when Massa made that fantastic start and when Massa retired you heard him yell out 'YESSSSS!'.

Almost cried when Massa made that move at turn 1. Came closer to crying when i saw his engine up in smoke...He deserved better because he is the unluckiest driver in all of F1, even today when he did his best ever drive.

I remember Raikkonen's incident, he had locked his tire badly a few laps from end, could have come in and consolidated a third, but took the gamble instead. It bit him, but I can't imagine anyone would have done otherwise. The other big last lap retirement I recall is Hakkinen's retirement in Spain 2001.

The big historical one I know was Mansell in Dallas 84, where, having led almost the whole race, he pushed his stopped car across the finish line for sixth place.

I don't blame McLaren for Kimi's tyre failure [it's true he did have a bad lock-up which ultimately led to the incident], but they should have called him in!

Kimi is Kimi, he's an out an out racer and I love him for it, he wanted to drive that car to the end but ultimately McLaren should have taken the iniative and brought him in, because in keeping him out they threw away his points.

They did the exact same thing two years later in keeping Lewis out on those tyres in China. Lewis [like Kimi] wanted to fight on, McLaren let him and it cost him badly!

I just dislike the fact that if wasn't for McLarens AWEFUL reliability record, Kimi would be a three times world champion by now.

haha,

nah anyways that was a bad example of why I dislike McLaren, because that one was more 50/50 and it was largely just a response to JonSt's post.

But that second clip is right up there with why, and there are numerous others!

I mean seriously, as if once wasn't enough, WTF!!

These things do happen though (just look at Massa), and they did give him a tremendously fast car. Sometimes you make it sound like they were doing it deliberately, Adrian Newey, sneaking around Kimi's car at night with a spanner: "Wahahah, this'll teach him to help make me and my colleagues impressively rich and successful."

Don't think I make it sound like they were doing it deliberately, I certainly never thought that. It's just their reliability was a joke, I've never known a driver be so unlucky!

I know I keep flooding this thread with youtube vids, but I think it's cool for us all to share our F1 experiences we remember. Anyways, just found this great Kimi tribute video, which just reminded me so much of why I support him:

Just to get a handle on things in here, who does everyone support?

Who supports a team, and who supports a driver and will follow them where ever they go?

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!