NEurope
Fruitgun

Tales Of Vesperia

Woah. Untill now I've found the battles fairly easy, but that Dragon thing on Ehmead Hill... I must have used up 10 gels and 4 life bottles fighting it. Level 16. Was I the only one to struggle?

Yeah, that was the boss in the trial no-one could beat, he's no easier in the main game, though I Game overed only once but Estelle die right as i dealt the finishing blow.

I assume this game is man enough to allow me to swap between japanese and english voice acting, riiiiiiiight?

When is the PS3 version released? Cause I was thinking of picking it up for the 360 but the extra stuff does sound mighty tempting (especially the full voice acting, one thing that REALLY annoyed me about Tales of Symphonia).

2010 i am pretty sure. 2009 is abit optimistic.

^are you sure dont get your hopes up and then when 2010 comes you will be sad lolz.

No one has said its not coming. But yes it is a wait. It will end up competing with hugely enhanced games like White Knight and Demon Souls. As well as FFXIII.

When is the PS3 version released? Cause I was thinking of picking it up for the 360 but the extra stuff does sound mighty tempting (especially the full voice acting, one thing that REALLY annoyed me about Tales of Symphonia).

Quite possibly never, outside of Japan :(

September 17 in Japan.

Wasn't that just a review of the game as a whole rather than just of the enhanced PS3 version?

As far as I can see he moans about chat bubbles and the lack of full voice acting, something the PS3 version has :/

What's new in the PS3 version compared to the 360 one:

Additional Content

* Full voice acting

* Tie-ins with Tales of Vesperia: The First Strike[14]

* New playable character (Patty Fleur)

* Flynn as a fully customizable, playable character

* Repede and Flynn as selectable on-screen avatars

* New cutscenes

* New subplots

* New main game quests

* New sidequests

* New songs

* New towns

* Remodeled towns

* New dungeons

* New bosses (including the Sword Dancer)

* Boss fight replays at Nam Cobanda Isle (in an area called the Door of Memories)

* New Overlimit Levels 5 and 6[15]

* New Hi Ougi/Mystic Artes (including a dual Mystic Arte with Yuri and Flynn)

* New Artes

* New Skills

* New Equipment

* A Key Item known as the "Artes Ball," which allows characters to assign up to 8 Artes to the left stick, and 8 Arte Shortcuts to the right stick for a new maximum of 16 Artes.

* New Costumes (Including costumes based on other Tales characters and Sgt. Frog[16])

* New Skits

* A scene-skip feature

* Connectivity with Tales of VS[17]

Regardless. The 360 version is apparently better.

After getting myself a copy late last week I have been playing this a fair bit, finally something to get me off of Madden, and I am loving it so it was definitely worth the hassle of trying to score a copy.

It did take me a little while to get into it and for the first couple of hours there was an air of disappointment but that has gone completely now, especially as the story has really kicked up a gear,

just got the Aque Blastia back from Barbos

and I can't wait to see what else lies ahead.

GamesTM gave it a rocking 5/10 saying the 360 version offers better.

YEAH! Bollocks to Sony.

Huh? But it's not even out on PS3 yet, is it? The PS3 version is obviously going to have a lot more (KKOB did a list) so it's obvious that GamesTM don't know what they're talking about, lol.

Huh? But it's not even out on PS3 yet, is it? The PS3 version is obviously going to have a lot more (KKOB did a list) so it's obvious that GamesTM don't know what they're talking about, lol.

True. The review you flamed PS3 for was a review of the 360 VERSION!!!

I think that the addition of full voice acting alone clearly marks the PS3 version as the better option for series fans who know what to expect from the game series.

And as Sheikah says, how the fuck can anyone accurately compare the 360 version with the PS3 version when the PS3 version isn't friggin out yet? :/

Fanboy much? :/ Clearly you hate Sony and are more than happy with a console with a stupidly high failure rate, ridiculously loud DVD drive, proprietary HDD, £50 wifi adapter and £40 a year fee to play games with your friends online. Fair enough, but don't spout bullshit about a 'better' version of a game to which you have no grounds to form an accurate comparison.

ps. I read the review today, thought the guy who revied it was just not a fan of JRPGs so the 5/10 score is bullshit. Gametrailers gave it 8.8, gamespot 8.5 and IGN 82. I'm starting to question my trust in GamesTM for reviews.

Someone's gotta help me!! I crossed the ocean to the coliseum in Nordopolica, and ever since then the camera in battles has gone bat shit crazy. Its zoomed out so far to show at least the entire party. I've tried zooming in in the battle settings but it's not really having any effect. It's so far away I can't see what I'm doing anymore.

Someone's gotta help me!! I crossed the ocean to the coliseum in Nordopolica, and ever since then the camera in battles has gone bat shit crazy. Its zoomed out so far to show at least the entire party. I've tried zooming in in the battle settings but it's not really having any effect. It's so far away I can't see what I'm doing anymore.

Go into the Battle Menu and hold down X, then use the left trigger to change the zoom level (you should see an on-screen prompt, IIRC). :)

That's what I tried, with no luck. Extensive googling hasn't helped either, think it's a faulty disk? I assume you are not supposed to see all members of your party at all times in battle after a certain point, right?

EDIT: sorry for spamming the thread. I'm so addicted to the game but this is making me want to throw it in the bin. Naff iPhone photos coming up...

IMG_0774.jpg

IMG_0775.jpg

See what I mean now? Everything is so far away it's impossible to see what you're doing. The game camera is as zoomed in as it can be (pressing X in the battle menu and zooming with the left trigger)

2ND EDIT: The camera has gone back to normal. Weird.

Edited by CooInTheZoo

been 7 hours into it, just like all other Tales game it gets very addictive thanks to the presentation of it.

Just got to the other continent...enjoying it so far

EDIT: Secret missions are a bitch to get, never in my life have I felt disappointed when I beat a boss

Edited by killer kirby

I just beat the game. I clocked in at almost 39 hours playtime (in a two week period!) so there must have been a lot I missed out on doing. It might have been that, or the fact I rushed it, or over-hyped it or whatever - but the game never felt 'epic' the way Symphonia or Final Fantasy VII, IX or X did. I had a great time playing it but I have some mixed feelings about the way it ended.

if anyone is selling a copy or knows of a place that has it in stock do please let me know!

62 hours and finished the game. What a great game, I think it just about pips Symphonia. The final big story achievment lifted me past the 10,000 Gamerpoints mark. Satisfying Night all round.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

True. The review you flamed PS3 for was a review of the 360 VERSION!!!

I think that the addition of full voice acting alone clearly marks the PS3 version as the better option for series fans who know what to expect from the game series.

And as Sheikah says, how the fuck can anyone accurately compare the 360 version with the PS3 version when the PS3 version isn't friggin out yet? :/

Fanboy much? :/ Clearly you hate Sony and are more than happy with a console with a stupidly high failure rate, ridiculously loud DVD drive, proprietary HDD, £50 wifi adapter and £40 a year fee to play games with your friends online. Fair enough, but don't spout bullshit about a 'better' version of a game to which you have no grounds to form an accurate comparison.

ps. I read the review today, thought the guy who revied it was just not a fan of JRPGs so the 5/10 score is bullshit. Gametrailers gave it 8.8, gamespot 8.5 and IGN 82. I'm starting to question my trust in GamesTM for reviews.

Well the last we heard is that they are recording the extra voices for the English PS3 version according to the actor who voices the lead character.

Given Star Ocean 4 is coming to PS3 by February in English and Japanese lets see.

Started this game recently and really enjoying it. Has the same charm that Symphonia did but not quite the same draw, though I'm not quite so naive now.

The sequence when you look through the Mage's drawers was hilarious, though. One can only imagine what it was that was found in there :heh:

I decided before I started over that I would get the 7 Fell Arms and try for the money achievement. Done the Fell Arms sidequest so...

...Will get to fight the bonus 3rd form of Duke

Unfortunately I thought I'd get the money achievement if i reached 1 million gald but no, unfortunately not, at least I got a few level ups and extra grade.