N-Europe

PSN and Home Thread

Daft

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who actually gives a crap about the Log Cabin? Apart from you? :p

I don't see the point in most of the stuff in Home, I don't care if it looks different or good I want to actually do entertaining stuff instead of looking at things and saying 'that's rad'.

I didn't really fully understand Sims either, although I kind of 'get' it more.

I wish they'd just start releasing game themed apartments. I'd love to have an underwater BioShock apartment.

Seriously, how hard would it be to actually make these? Sony really are being slow. If they gave me a job I could awesomise Home in no time.

Yeah, but I mean a proper BioShock apartment as a personal space for your avatar. Underwater. All art deco and dilapidated.

Also at that Star Trek thing today was rubbish. They should of had the Enterprise floating above Home square or something. I mean, these things just are not hard to do; there's no imagination at all.

Yeah it was just a code giveaway :/

Nothing really. Unless i missed something. The US PSN has lots of cool themed areas as well as the japanese one.

Having said Home is improving alot so i hope they keep at it. The new area looks interesting as it has interactvity.

The star trek event was naff...why couldn't they have transformed the central part into something star trek esque how about if the huge drill from the film was ploughing down into the ground? Or the Enterprise flying past in the night sky? Just little touches that would have given it a sense of wow.

Just saw this and thought I might as well pass it along. It's called Shatter, a block busting game that literally puts a spin on things in some of the levels. It might as well be called Arkanoid: Retro Evolved, but it looks decent enough and... well, it's pretty hard to make a bad block busting game.

• 3 weeks later...
Buzz! HQ is Live

Hi everyone, I’m really pleased to let you know that the new Buzz! HQ space in PS Home is now live!

This space lets you play multiplayer MyBuzz! quizzes by running around to stand on the correct answers. You can choose to play in English, French, German, Italian or Spanish, and there are lots of exclusive Buzz! PS Home items to be won too.

You can head straight there by selecting Buzz! HQ from the World Map and try it out.

3565762983_7ed90112fd.jpg

Let me know what you think of it (and if you’ve won a game yet!) in the Comments below.

Happy buzzing!

Rob.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2009/06/04/buzz-hq-is-live/

Wow, that was quick. I'm off to check it out.

Edit: A bit too fast it seems. There's a problem with the space at the moment.

I’m aware that there’s a problem with the Buzz! HQ space at the moment and the Home team are currently investigating. Sorry for the delay, as I know a lot of you are looking forward to this!

I’ll let you know more when I get more details from the team.

Thanks,

Rob

Silly. :heh:

The star trek event was naff...why couldn't they have transformed the central part into something star trek esque how about if the huge drill from the film was ploughing down into the ground? Or the Enterprise flying past in the night sky? Just little touches that would have given it a sense of wow.

Yeah i always wonder. In the Japan space they theme special occasions.

BTE. Massive USA PSN update. With like over 50 trailers etc. Press conference available in 3 parts for gameplay stuff like Uncharted, Assasin's Creed 2, MAG and God oF War 3. Well worth it. The conference is over 5gb in total size.

Thursday update later today as well...

If you check out the trailers on the US PSN, you'll find wipeout HD Fury in there as well as Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 which shows that Rachel from the first game is back as a playable character! Day 1 purchase for me. Gonna have no money in the near future it seems :(

This is awesome! I was saying they should do this a couple months ago. PLEASE can we have a BioShock one!!! I'd actually buy that!

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2009/06/05/new-killzone-2-content-coming-to-playstation-home/

avatar_4789.jpgNew Killzone 2 Content Coming To PlayStation Home

Hello everyone! My name is Victor and I’m the Editor for Killzone.com at Guerrilla. For my first post on the European PlayStation.Blog, I have the honour of announcing the new Killzone-themed content for PlayStation Home.

Have you ever peered out of the windows of your cosy Harbour Studio apartment and wished that the view was a little less… serene? Maybe you’ve stared down at the calm, sunlit marina and wondered what it would be like to overlook a burning, war-torn cityscape. Perhaps you feel that the clean, contemporary architecture of the Studio doesn’t quite possess the grandeur to match your megalomaniacal ego.

3595229958_75309b502b.jpg

The Visari Throne Room apartment for PlayStation Home is just what you need. Based on the throne room inside Visari’s Palace from the final mission of Killzone 2, it combines the majestic proportions of Helghast architecture with the regal aesthetic of the Autarch himself. Tastefully lit by a hellish, alien sunset, it is guaranteed to impress and humble anyone you invite over for a chat.

3595229844_82661acd86.jpg

Of course, no palatial chamber is complete without stately furnishings to match. For the Visari Throne Room, we’ve created five pieces of furniture based on actual palace furnishings from Killzone 2: two types of Visari-style chairs, an administrative desk, a plant container with authentic Helghan vegetation, and a freestanding painting which portrays an important moment in the colonial history of the Helghast. In Killzone 2 these were mostly used by Radec’s elite guard to barricade the palace hallways, but don’t let that stop you from arranging them however you like.

3594423145_c29abb770f.jpg3594423213_88967e1ae5.jpg

3594423255_350c0e5fb1.jpg

The Visari Throne Room and matching furniture are scheduled for release in the second half of June, with pricing TBD. Be sure to visit Killzone.com soon for a closer look at the new PlayStation Home content, including additional images of the throne room!