N-Europe

Wii Freeloader Thread - FAQ & Info in First Post

DiemetriX

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking the exact same thing there. I can't seem to find it.

Be carefull with NMH though. I hear it doesn't work with a chipped Wii, so maybe this will be the case too with a Freeloader.

How can you make a game not work with a chipped Wii? Where would i look to see if the freeloader is going to allow me to play NMH?

How can you make a game not work with a chipped Wii? Where would i look to see if the freeloader is going to allow me to play NMH?

I've got the same question.

A mate of mine is coming back from NY in just a few days' time, so I'll have to be quick about this! :D

Yeah, Datel must've fixed the automatic installation of firmware updates problem as well. It'll brick your Wii if you install foreign firmware. Let's hope they fixed the problem of having double Weather and News Channels as well.

You guys are already buying Brawl but don't forget what happened with the Super Paper Mario importers and the bricked Wiis.

If I'm not mistaken, the japanese version of Brawl has a mandatory system update that obviously will brick NTSC and PAL Wiis. The USA version of the game will probably have that update too. If it does, and if Datel didn't circumvent it somehow then you can kiss goodbye to your Brawl import.

Take care. Let the guinea pigs test it first.

No More Heroes, on the other hand, I never heard of it having a system update.

Yeah its probably rash to buy it at this point, but my parents are paying for it, so it's all good :indeed:

It can't brick my Wii if I don't initiate the update, so the worst that can happen is I waste £25 buying the disc, which I could probably recoup on eBay anyway.

The thing I want just now is assurance really that we can bypass the Brawl updates and future patches from Nintendo won't kill the Freeloader.

They might just turn around and read a patch to make it useless, so confirmation on this from Datel and Nintendo (doubt they would say anything) would be good to have.

Another question to throw into the pot is, will online gameplay be brutally murdered. I can't see it working very well if you do manage to get a game going. And you will probably be locked out from playing with anyone on N-E who ends up with the pal version