NEurope
Haver

earthquake

My friend rang me at 0:58 saying 'I'm not stoned or anything, but is your house shaking!?!?'. I hung up and just continued to just sit there.

Found out this morning there was a quake going out at the time..LOL.

I was in bed but I got up for a drink and something to eat then earthquake happened.

gah! so it was YOUR fault!!

:grin:

dante caused the butterfly effect. booooooooo!

An earthquake is the result of a sudden release of energy in the Earth's crust that creates seismic waves. Earthquakes are recorded with a seismometer, also known as a seismograph. The moment magnitude of an earthquake is conventionally reported, or the related and mostly obsolete Richter magnitude, with magnitude 3 or lower earthquakes being mostly imperceptible and magnitude 7 causing serious damage over large areas. Intensity of shaking is measured on the modified Mercalli scale.

I was up. My Pc chair violently shook whislt I was sitting on it 4 about 15 seconds. I thought it was a ghost at first though, lol!

Hahaha, ghosts, you faggot

gah! so it was YOUR fault!!

:grin:

dante caused the butterfly effect. booooooooo!

No it was'nt me :shakehead

An earthquake is the result of a sudden release of energy in the Earth's crust that creates seismic waves. Earthquakes are recorded with a seismometer, also known as a seismograph. The moment magnitude of an earthquake is conventionally reported, or the related and mostly obsolete Richter magnitude, with magnitude 3 or lower earthquakes being mostly imperceptible and magnitude 7 causing serious damage over large areas. Intensity of shaking is measured on the modified Mercalli scale.

Why post Yahoo Answers copypasta?

I didn't notice :( I was brushing my teeth at the time. When I came back downstairs my girlfriend asked me if I felt the house move. I naturally insinuated she'd just been farting and went about my business...

NOW, if it was me and I was trying to convince someone a terrace house rocked length ways NO ONE WOULD COME TO MY AID! Yet, in a completely unfair fashion, four of my housemates came to my door asking if we felt an earthquake! I would have been there all night trying to convince her but she gets 4 people to back up her story *bitter*

Anyways :( wish my toothbrush didn't vibrate, I might have felt it!!

News reckoned you could feel it in London. However I sleep through most things these days.

I can say it made its way down here, was pretty mild and kinda confusing, because the thought of it being a quake didn't cross my mind(cos i was pretty tired, so i blamed my mind playing tricks), and I couldn't attribute it to anything else, yet it felt so real.

I can say it made its way down here, was pretty mild and kinda confusing, because the thought of it being a quake didn't cross my mind(cos i was pretty tired, so i blamed my mind playing tricks), and I couldn't attribute it to anything else, yet it felt so real.

I felt it in london.

I knew what it was. I lolled.

I wouldn't mind another one, I quite liked it.

I dont want another one I dont like them.

OK here's the part that confuses me, i thought Earthquakes only happened in areas on faultlines....yet unless somethings suddenly changed, England isn't on or near a faultline?

OK here's the part that confuses me, i thought Earthquakes only happened in areas on faultlines....yet unless somethings suddenly changed, England isn't on or near a faultline?

It doesn't have to. The big, big earthquakes (Kobe, Turkey, San Francisco) are all on the major fault lines and hence are uber powerful. However, smaller stresses exist within the plates due to their movements and when these>resistance from the rocks = a smaller earthquake like we had.

Its probably a lot more complex than my A Level knowledge!

It doesn't have to. The big, big earthquakes (Kobe, Turkey, San Francisco) are all on the major fault lines and hence are uber powerful. However, smaller stresses exist within the plates due to their movements and when these>resistance from the rocks = a smaller earthquake like we had.

Its probably a lot more complex than my A Level knowledge!

So its just a small one then?

That was tiny compared to the ones that have hit elsewhere. The scales increase 10x per unit (i think), so the difference between 5 and 8 is 1000x the pwer - I think.

1000 brownie points to whoever guess what game I thought of when the earthquake happened.

1000 brownie points to whoever guess what game I thought of when the earthquake happened.

A Pokemon game.