NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dog-amoto

Man Utd fans selling Munich scarves on ebay

And they thought that the City fans would show a lack of class - people are selling their 50th anniversary commemorative scarves that were left on their seats before yesterday's game.

http://search.ebay.co.uk:80/munich-scarf_W0QQ_trksidZm37QQdfspZ1QQfobfmtZ1QQfromZR40QQfsooZ2QQfsopZ32QQlredZmunichQ20scarfQQsaobfmtsZinsif

A lot are being sabotaged though - some have bids up to £10 million! lol

What a bunch of ***** - although I doubt severely it'll be the true fans. More like the daytripping ***** who are willing to pay the stupid amounts to go to the games..

I could see this happening. If they sold the shirts at the stadium as a one off there'd be people selling them on ebay.

Nothing you can do to stop them though.

I'm not surprised, actually. They lost the match... :indeed: They don't want a memento of a match they lost, they're Manchester United ffs.

Fixed for accuracy.

What the hell is your problem?

Do you not like the idea of people watching something and enjoying it? I'm no football fan, but I can't see what the major issue is...

On topic, it strikes me as a little insensitive...

He's saying it really doesn't matter seeing as it's football, something he doesn't really care for. I don't personally see the problem, Did something bad happen in Munich or something?

He's saying it really doesn't matter seeing as it's football, something he doesn't really care for. I don't personally see the problem, Did something bad happen in Munich or something?

A plane carrying a load of Man U players crashed at the airport while taking off or landing (I forget).

1958 it happened. I think it was on take off, it got 600 feet or something came crashing down. It was the 50th Anniversary mid week. Man United players and a Man City player died along with reporters and such. The scarves were given out to the people free just to remember the occasion.

It angers me really.

Through one perspective it is seen very morally wrong because people are potentially making money after what happened in Munich.

However the other perspective is that some football fans may not look after the scarf very much and so there will be buyers who genuinely want to have one to mark their respect by owning and looking after one of the scarves.

1958 it happened. I think it was on take off, it got 600 feet or something came crashing down. It was the 50th Anniversary mid week. Man United players and a Man City player died along with reporters and such. The scarves were given out to the people free just to remember the occasion.

It angers me really.

Ah right, I thought they were just scarves given at a game that just happened to be in Munich. Not ones specifically to commemorate an occasion, which selling is slightly douchebaggish

It's morally wrong.

But who cares about that anymore. It's all about the money so there's nothing you can do.

It's not morally wrong, it's a fucking scarf.

I love football, but really, some of you care way too much for your own health.

They should have waited for years from now until the scarfs were rare. They're have made fuck loads more then.

Tourists. Old Trafford is full of them.

what and the emirates doesn't? come on every big team with a big stadium is the same.

Sign in to follow this