NEurope
Davey_T

Leeds/Reading Festival

Fantastic ive effectively paid £75 just to watch Rage not arsed about anything else playing on the Friday which is the day I have a ticket for. Oh well for Rage its worth it :awesome:

Go see Vampire Weekend, they are awesome live :awesome:

Word is no second batch this year. Festival Republic apparently went all out in one go, only way you'll get one now is to buy one of the tickets that the "don't" sell on the door every year :)

Go see Vampire Weekend, they are awesome live :awesome:

I would imagine this to be true.

African percussion and stuff has to be cool to watch.

I would be going Reading, if I wasn't in Canada with my family at the time.

All my friends are going. Half of them aren't even bothered about seeing Rage. Oh the injustice.

I really like Rated R by QOTSA and if they promise to only play songs from that album I will happily see them. However they will play shit from Songs for the deaf which is pretty much my most hated album ever.

Because I loved Rated R so much, and songs for the deaf is a complete fuck you to Rated R its the ultimate commercial album imo. Every track is designed to appeal to the masses it had what 6 singles? i realise its a petty reason not to like it but my opinion will not change i'm afraid.

Apparently special guests are Pantera or should i say Down...

Theres no reason for Down to be special guests as they're not playing any other festival. Will most likely be Story Of The Year, Paramore or Plain White Tees.

Omg, Flogging Molly, and Gallows (who are ok)

but why is Feeder between Avenged Sevenfold, and Slipknot?

Feeder are huge. Much bigger than Avenged Sevenfold and arguably bigger than Slipknot

I hate Gallows now. Never really liked them before, but the reason why Less Than Jake clash with RATM is because the Gallows singer threw his toys out of the pram, insisting that he wanted to see Rage and refusing to clash with them :nono:

Anyhow, good announcement! Alkaline Trio will be ace :awesome:

Dont think this is true. Someone from Gallows came on Punktastic and said they were offered to headline the Lockup on the Killers day and took it. Dont know where that rumour came from.

But yeah the annoucement was pretty good. absolutely gutted about Less Than Jake clashing with Rage but wht can you do. Saw them in 06 and i doubt il ever get to see Rage again. Alkaline Trio, Goldfinger, Pennywise and a few other im happy with.

I think he was referring to the differences in genre rather than the popularity of Feeder, Avenged and Slipknot. Feeder do look very out of place on that day.

I think he was referring to the differences in genre rather than the popularity of Feeder, Avenged and Slipknot. Feeder do look very out of place on that day.

They all are out of place.

They all suckballs.

Ahh yeah i suppose. Same for the Slipknot, Tenacious D then Metallica combo. Would have preferred Tenacious D, Slipknot then Metallica but oh well.

I heard that part of the reason Tenacious will be playing 2nd is because it will need to be dark for their set. Apparently, they are going to be using pyrotechnics and a lazer show or something.

I think Tenacious D after Slipknot but before Metallica is a good idea, a nice cool-off with arguably funny stuff before rocking again.

Dont think this is true. Someone from Gallows came on Punktastic and said they were offered to headline the Lockup on the Killers day and took it. Dont know where that rumour came from.

Apparently it came straight from the leed singers mouth (or should i say fingers?). He posted it on their official forums...

It depends. Im hoping it's a hint towards a heavier Feeder set. Lots of stuff from Polythene, Yesterday Went Too Soon, Swim and Two Colours would be great! :bowdown:

They'd still be lighter than Slipknot, but playing that stuff would most certainly make them fit in!

I really like Rated R by QOTSA and if they promise to only play songs from that album I will happily see them. However they will play shit from Songs for the deaf which is pretty much my most hated album ever.

You never know, QOTSA don't have a set set list. They play different stuff at just about every gig so you might get a lot of Rated R this year. Worth the gamble?

Apparently it came straight from the leed singers mouth (or should i say fingers?). He posted it on their official forums...

Argg. Wish they were clashing with Rage. Seen Gallows twice and im not bothered about seeing them again. Less Than Jake clashing With Rage is horrible :\

Pretty fucking pissed off at the moment. My mate has left it until today to try to get next Friday off, the utterly useless twat. Shockingly he is unable to get it off as he left it too late. As such he can no longer go and I dont want to go on my own. So er anybody know anybody who wants 2 tickets for Friday :(

Oh hell yes. Mate managed to secure me an early entry pass, so I'll be there tonight at 6! See you chumps later :P

If anyone here is going, let me know and I might try and say hey. I've already PM'd Twozzok my mobile number, if anyone else wants it you can get it from him :D

Will be going for some actual preparation shopping tonight, I'm leaving early-ish tomorrow and none of me or my friends have prepared anything. Last year was our first so we took so much crap it was unreal, this year we're hoping to not have to carry as much stuff.

Ahh, leaving tomorrow morning at 5. Which i think is ridiculously early, especially given that most nights we probably wont be getting to sleep till like 4...

Have a good time, all those who are going

Just got back :) Had an amazing time as usual :D Metallica were band of the festival with Rage below par sadly :( best times were had in camp site though! four of my mates managed to blag themselves in for free and got wristbands with sob stories of losing their first ones :P huge group of people i know all camped together which always makes it more enjoyable :)

What did everyone else think? best and worst bands? did you miss Slipknot?

Just got back :) Had an amazing time as usual :D Metallica were band of the festival with Rage below par sadly :( best times were had in camp site though! four of my mates managed to blag themselves in for free and got wristbands with sob stories of losing their first ones :P huge group of people i know all camped together which always makes it more enjoyable :)

What did everyone else think? best and worst bands? did you miss Slipknot?

I thought it was the other way round tbh, Rage being awesome, but MEtallica just having a not-a-great set.

Other then that though, Pendulum are insane live (or at least the crowd are) and last night activities are hilarious.

I thought all the main headliners were below par, so geared up for killers only for them to be okay.

I'm sorry to say that I was unhappy with vampire weekend. I thought they were going to be immense but I found them to be boring. The best in my opinion were We Are Scientists, The Wombats and probably Tenacious D just for the pure lolz they gave us. The train song was hilarious.

Last night a.k.a Riot night was a big let down compared to last year. My tent was pretty much destoryed by some kids from my college seeing as they hated me for a certain reason which to be fair I know where they're coming from.

My friend ended up in hospital this morning because he stayed up drinking last night and ended up paraletic or however you spell it and also sliced his hands on barbed wire. Huge problems all round but right now I'm totally knackered.

Overall was still fantastic :)

Just got back, was an awesome weekend.

The biggest lolz on the last night was when our angry mob of about 300 people chased down 3 ice cream vans. Then a huge crowd destroyed and burned down the toilets in the yellow camp. The security were incompetent, they were all too concerned with people banging on the bins that it took them about half and hour to realise what was being done at the toilets.

As for the music, Metallica and Rage were both incredible. It sucks how both Slipknot and Avenged pulled out though. Saturday was so bad for me, only bands I liked were Flogging Molly and BFMV. Nicest surprise was Goldfinger, hadn't listened to them in so long but they were fantastic. Tenacious D were also hilarious, loved their set so much. Anyone see the F'Fers? So many people thought it was the Foos, so a massive crowd turned up. The poor guys got bottled so hard.

Another very surreal highlight was watching a guy get his knob pierced. Kinda idiotic, no doubt it was going to be infected.

RAGE WERE EPIC. BEST SHOW EVER.

I was about 6 people from the front. And lasted one song before getting out of there. Moved a bit further back and to the side, and went crazy there, much more enjoyable than being right at the front.

I'm not suprised they stoped rage from continuing. I saw 20 years olds screaming get me out. And when I big wave of pushing came it became impossible to move. I've never been in anything like it.

Over all Rage 10/10. Shame I missed LTJ. But for rage i'd miss anything.

________

LovelyWendie99

Edited by fex