N-Europe

Download!

nightwolf

Yeah, I don't think Offspring should be headlining at Donnington tbh. Still...it's a fuckload better than My Chemical Romance.

I'm pretty sure we're gonna get the usual lot this year though:

Mastodon

Megadeth

Metallica

Trivium

Machine Head

Slayer

Lamb of God

Killswitch Engage

I'll be surprised if most of these don't play this year.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Download stopped being a metal festival like 2 years ago.

To be fair its never really been a metal festival. Theres always a few metal bands but the majority is just rock/punk stuff

Metallica wont play as they headlined in 06. The rest as probable but hope leeds and reading get a few

For sure, Ember to Inferno robbed a ridiculous amounts of riffs, but was still great, Ascendancy was one of the best albums of the year, but there was only one song that I found listenable on The Crusade; the title track.

They're a promising band though. You realise they're at the age now, that Metallica were at when they released Kill 'Em All.

I'd be cool with them not playing though, already seen them three times.

Now what would be awesome would be Opeth...hell yeah.

The only time I enjoyed Trivium live was before The Crusade in the Islington Bar Academy when they were playing as 'Ember and the Infernoes'

i have also seen them play as ember and the infernoes at a barfly. far better than the other times seeing them live.

thebard hit on the big problem with download - there are only so many suitable bands around, so you go twice and you have seen pretty much every band who will be there for the next few years.

The only time I enjoyed Trivium live was before The Crusade in the Islington Bar Academy when they were playing as 'Ember and the Infernoes'

You went to see that? Cool. Musta been pretty crowded.

And for fucks sake Kiss are the worst band ever, nothing more than a shameless gimmick. Seriously, go away. Nobody cares.

Hahahahaha. They suck. Like you've no idea...

Huge.

Even more than Bon Jovi. Or Motley Crue. *Shudder*

Glam... *shudders*

Anyway, I don't think The Offspring should really be headlining Download, but I love em to bits and think they're brilliant. Smash will always be one of my favourite records.

I know it's hard for them to get decent headliners, but I think that Lost Prophets and The Offspring are just unsuitable, probably good for Reading though. Kiss, I don't like, but I can see their appeal. Can't argue with the Priest though.

Are kiss defo confirmed? If so, im so their. Theyre a beast, theyre music isnt the best, but, look at em, u kno itll be a funny show

shameless gimmick? Who cares, not me, ill enjoy watchin em, just for the stage show, u can go sit in your tent for a bit :)

Trivium follow metallica because they wish to be the new metallica, I saw trivium a few years back and they were great, crap now though so I won't be going to see them at download, will see metallica because I've never seen them.

I was reading the download forums and one of the admins said something about how it's never been classed as a metal festival because it had bands that weren't metal in the line-up. Either way as long as some good bands go then the experince of going will make-up for the rest. Plus 18th birthday after woohoo.

No we can't turn it into a kiss picture thread. -.-

Ive been to Download 5 times

Great that lostprophets are playing seen them 6 times before and are always great live :D get to see some of there new material as well.

Offspring ive always wanted to see live

havent heard much stuff from judas priest will watch them thou if nothing good in the tent or third stage

dont like HIM

Motley Crue and Bon Jovi aren't glam. Maybe the Crue's first album was, but stuff like Shout at the Devil and Dr Feelgood is hardly glam. They've moved on since then.

I went twice when it was Donington Monsters of Rock. Once when Aerosmith headlined and the other when it was Metallica. Not been since it was Download. Too many new bands - makes me feel old! lol

Motley Crue and Bon Jovi aren't glam. Maybe the Crue's first album was, but stuff like Shout at the Devil and Dr Feelgood is hardly glam. They've moved on since then.

I went twice when it was Donington Monsters of Rock. Once when Aerosmith headlined and the other when it was Metallica. Not been since it was Download. Too many new bands - makes me feel old! lol

Glam, cock rock, whatever, it's all absolute crap.

Rise Against? Motorhead? :yay: I get the feeling this year is gonna be great!

EDIT: Fear Factory and Coheed and Cambria! :D

I remember back when Fear Factory used to be good.

I'd go see C&C too, they're a fun bunch.