NEurope
Rummy

Project Chanology: 'Anonymous' declares war on The Church of Scientology

Ok some of that stuff is indeed awful, the kidnapping and stuff is espcially worrying. But in essence a lot of this stuff has happened due to Scientology praying on the stupid and weak willed. Religions and other organisations (not to mention governments) have been doing this for centuries and still are. For instance, my flat mate told me how the 2nd to last Pope was murdered because he wanted to give the Vatican's money to charity.

Just because other have prayed on the stupid and weak willed before does not justify it

Praying on the weak is bad but then again I think that blame can be layed elsewhere for some of these situations happening. The hospital for instance in the case of Lisa McPherson.

How can the hospital be blamed for what happened to her?

She was dead on arrival...

How can the hospital be blamed for what happened to her?

She was dead on arrival...

The hospital she was at after the car crash she was in let her go into the care of people who weren't her family.

And I'm not excusing them, I just think that they seem to be a lesser evil than other things that I have to worry about. Totally a personal choice.

The hospital she was at after the car crash she was in let her go into the care of people who weren't her family.

And I'm not excusing them, I just think that they seem to be a lesser evil than other things that I have to worry about. Totally a personal choice.

The hospital had no choice but to let her go, she refused treatment there abd would rather get treatment from Scientologists.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lisa_McPherson

Isn't protesting just bringing more attention to the religion?

No, bringing attention to it would be having Tom Cruise and John Travolta join it. This is good.

Those people you're referring to are not the real anonymous. They're just a bunch of idiots who found out about the site, did some reading on Encyclopedia Dramatica and now post the same old shitty stuff over and over.

"The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.

Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact."

/b/ is merely just for jokes. Or at least it was. /i/ (not oekaki) is an accurate representation of the power of the real anon.

You've failed to realise that everyone on 4chan is a "newfag" who's read up about memes on Encyclopedia Dramatica. Sure, some of them are hackers, and they organise invasions, but this doesn't stop them being idiots.

You've failed to realise that everyone on 4chan is a "newfag" who's read up about memes on Encyclopedia Dramatica. Sure, some of them are hackers, and they organise invasions, but this doesn't stop them being idiots.

You're fairly informed.

Yeah, most of the oldfags left /b/ now, especially around the time it went down a little while ago.

From what i heard (from McMad) it was some idiotic newfags who hacked /b/ in the first place.

Yes somme, but I think that's also the point. It's to draw the public's attention to their practises, get people informed about what they do. Mundi seems to have taken this exactly the same way I have, whilst alot of others think it's still just about the people who browse /b/s around the chans. It's supposed to be bigger than that.

Jamba, I take it you haven't heard much about the CoS. I didn't know alot about them until I saw a Panorama documentary about it, it apparently originally aimed to present a objective view of both sides of the coin(there is alot of controversy around the CoS). However, throughout it all, the CoS insisted on filming the BBC's filming, not having opposers to the Church interviewed in the Docu, SPIED on John Sweeny and his team(who were making it). They found out what hotel he was staying at, and confronted him(waited in the lobby) about having interviewed opposers.

They even barged in on an interview he was having with someone in a public area(they werent invited or informed about it) and started trying to discredit his interviewee with a list of his past 'crimes' and convictions, and have on occasion claimed homosexuality to be one of their 'crimes'. John Sweeny described it as creepy, and said there was also strangers at his wedding AFTER the documentary. The CoS uses investigators to dig up any and all dirt they can on opposition, they ruthlessly attack them.

They lobbied the government to ban it from being aired on TV, and at one point John Sweeny lost him temper and shouted at Tommy Davis, apologising immediately afterwards. Tommy accepted his apology, but according to Sweeny, copies of the footage were rushed off to his boss, his boss's boss, and his boss's boss's boss(the Director General).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientology_and_me

They will persecute their opposers and people who criticise them, terrorise them, picket their homes, spread lies rumour and scandal about them, sue them, anything they can to get their opponents discredited or backed down and out of the way. It's scary. It's what they call 'Fair Game' written by L.Ron Hubbard.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientology_controversies#Fair_Game'>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientology_controversies#Fair_Game

During something called Operation Snow White, a large scale operation to infiltrate and steal/destroy documents from various Governments and Agencies detailing L.Ron's past, another operation was uncovered called Operation Freakout. The main aim of which was to try and get a major opponent who wrote a book, Paulette Cooper, imprisoned or commited to a mental institution. Through trying to frame her for bomb threats.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Freakout

Though it never happened due to being uncovered, the fact that this organisation, the CoS, had planned it, is pretty damn scary. They're like a militant group, a miniture secret service, and I find it quite worrying tbh. Also, yes, my references here ARE all from wikipedia, that freely editable source, but it aims to be objective AND the articles themselves are sourced with references, so I refute any claims it's all made up and not reliable etc etc. Watch some videos on XenuTV too, I did when I first saw the BBC docu, and I felt like they were more than just followers of a religion, closer to trained professionals of some secret army.

Two pages I urge anyone thinking 'So what? What has Scientology ever done to deserve this?' to read is this one, and the others provided. This page, again wikipedia, details some of their biggest controversies. The second details an article written in Time magazine in 1991 that 'exposed' alot of their practises and histories. The important part to read, is how the CoS reacted.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientology_controversies

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Thriving_Cult_of_Greed_and_Power

You're fairly informed.

A point well made, I'm consider myself informed, but last I checked I'm not some dickhead hacker kid doing it for the lulz(I do things for the lulz, such as read the forums and my general everday life, but I'm not doing this for lulz, my motivation is that I hate the CoS's practises and fair gaming). I wouldn't consider anyone here on N-E one of those kinds of people, which is why Anonymous is and can be more than just tards, if people stop taking this sort of attitude.

Here's the Orlando protest.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfKQ75F0XsA

Here's some more info on its practices.

http://theunfunnytruth.ytmnd.com/

Heh, watched the first vid, whilst it wasn't quite what I was expecting(anonymous and possibly quiet), it's nice to see them trying to inform people(they said they handed out flyers). Interesting that the Scientologists brought out a camera, and also tailed them afterwards. Does this sound like a rational group of religious believers to you guys?

If it's to stop scientology, then I'm all for it. It's about time we saw the end of that sadistic cult. I just hope that this actually works. It actually looks like it is starting to as well...

Well, Scientology claims to have like 3.5million followers worldwide, there's alot more people than that in the world, and it's also argued that scientology are grossly overestimating/overstating their numbers. It just needs to be exposed to everyone, the right exposure is what will get people informed(like panorama did for me) and then people will start to take notice. It might be worth noting that the CoS's drug rehab programme Narcanon is being used in schools(was not recommended for prisons) in the UK, and is even recommended by Southwark Council. Now, I don't mind that it's being used, IF it's tested and proven to be effective scientifically.

Also, an interesting video from a bit on the News featuring and interview with a guy who's an ex-scientologist and now helps scientologists to break out. He explains why it works quite well imo.

EDIT:According to Anonymous, there's a whole article on page 3 of today's Guardian regarding the initial events and the protests.

AWESOME!!!

Scientology is hilarious and i feel sorry for the people who get sucked into it.

I didn't go in the end cos I got up late and thought it might be over shortly after I got into central, I hear reports of there being at least 500 people at the london one, which is pretty amazing! However, I've not seen it covered at all on any british news, which it really needs in order to achieve its aims of getting noticed by the wider public. I expect it'll hit some papers tomorrow, be interesting to see how it's recieved up over the next few days. I expect this'll generate some momentum for the cause though, I hear there's already plans of a next big protest!

Way to preserve her anonymity.

She did a worse job than me, trust me..

Anyway, you can't see her face there and there's no name. So you can link an Anonymous to the brother of Dyson? Oh no :indeed:

It's mostly fags from *chans so yes, there are lot of memes rolled out, we even sang Bel Air in the fucking street. It was epic.

No, EbaumsWorld has fuck all to do with it, it's just a standard canned site to blame because frankly nobody likes them, infact at the end of one of the protests, someone shouted out to go to Eric Bauman's house if they wanted someone to blame...

Good YouTube videos to watch:

- London specific

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWkNS8dXdbM - First part of an EXCELLENT (but long video)