N-Europe

Cloverfield, Did it live up to the hype? *Spoilers*

Mokong

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone else think the small parasites VERY CLOSELY RESEMBLE the antlions from Half-Life 2? I mean, when I first saw them in the subway tunnel scene the first thing that ran into my mind was that the production team must have been strongly influenced by their design in the game.

350px-Antlion.jpg

Oh, and the viral marketing before the movie came out = genius

ing_emperor_mini.jpg

I think they're more like the Ing from Metroid Prime 2 to be honest.

Do people understand why that girls stomach exploded by the way? :P

As for the memory card/tape thing. Its apparently not an error.

It was originally a tape, hense its long filming time and such which wouldn't be possible on a small SD card. The tape was obviously found, it was from a government archive and was then backed up onto a digital form, being an SD card.

ing_emperor_mini.jpg

I think they're more like the Ing from Metroid Prime 2 to be honest.

Do people understand why that girls stomach exploded by the way? :P

As for the memory card/tape thing. Its apparently not an error.

It was originally a tape, hense its long filming time and such which wouldn't be possible on a small SD card. The tape was obviously found, it was from a government archive and was then backed up onto a digital form, being an SD card.

I had wondered that but I thought it said at the beginning that it was the SD card found in the area formally known as central park.

I think the main theory for why peoples stomachs explode was something about the saliva from the parasites mixing with the stomach acids and making it expand. Its probably in one of the links I posted further back in this thread.

I think the main theory for why peoples stomachs explode was something about the saliva from the parasites mixing with the stomach acids and making it expand. Its probably in one of the links I posted further back in this thread.

Yeah, i heard it was something like that. Those parasites fed on the slusho secret ingredient. A super, high concentrated version of it. Thus when in the stomach, the body couldn't take it and blood vessels ruptured... amongst other things.

Seriously though, is it even possible for your stomach to explode? XD

One more thing...does anybody remember what Rob said when Hud approached him with the camera? I think he said "is that a new tape or did you record over it?". He said TAPE, not SD card. Think that's a production mistake?

Besides, you can't "record over" things on a digital camera.

According to the list of quotes on the IMDB page, he did say tape.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1060277/quotes

Rob Hawkins: Hey, is that my camera?

Hud: Uh, I don't know. Jason just gave it to me.

Rob Hawkins: Did you change the tape? Because I had a tape in there... something important.

Hud: I didn't, it was already on when I got it.

At the end, on one of the plane radio things a pilot says "It's still alive" but it is said aloud backwards.

But yeah, awesome film I thought, albeit an unsatisfying ending and a storyline which really just leaves you with nowhere to go. I enjoyed it though, not really up for a sequel though.

i actually thought it was the worst film i can remember seeing.

And this is after watching a shockingly poor film called 'the darkest light' which made the film sound it was gonna be amazing- yet it was set in the yorkshire dales and was about the virgin mary (i'm being serious).

Cloverfield really spoiled my date too as we were both shocked as to how shite it actually was. :)

I don't understand why people say there wasn't any pay-off.

You got the ending at the start of the movie.

The subject tape, evidence what-ever, etc, etc. It's obvious the army "won" and the tape was collected as part of evidence gathering. You don't know where it came from, but I don't think that really matters.

IS it though? Perhaps the tape was recovered but the monster is still at large

When they went to save whatshername and she was impaled on a pipe i think

They pulled her off and she seemed pretty fine later on. Running and stuff like that

Yeah that annoyed me...

I don't want to see an out and out sequel, more a retelling from a different point of view or a side story that extends the mythology.

i actually thought it was the worst film i can remember seeing.

And this is after watching a shockingly poor film called 'the darkest light' which made the film sound it was gonna be amazing- yet it was set in the yorkshire dales and was about the virgin mary (i'm being serious).

Cloverfield really spoiled my date too as we were both shocked as to how shite it actually was. :)

I wouldn't say it was the worst film ive ever seen, but certainly isn't anywhere near the best, Coverfield hangs around the meh it was ok group. The more i think about it the more I hate the film I defo wouldn't be interested in a sequal. Overhyped like my green bollocks.

________

WETDANNA

Edited by fex

I wouldn't say it was the worst film ive ever seen, but certainly isn't anywhere near the best, Coverfield hangs around the meh it was ok group. The more i think about it the more I hate the film I defo wouldn't be interested in a sequal. Overhyped like my green bollocks.

See personally I think that was overeaction...I think all that made it great was the viral marketing etc...before it along with great use of a camcorder which took what BW did to the next level...as a horror film it was pretty standard course and if it wasnt for its innovations it would have been a different story