N-Europe

Timesplitters 4 Wii ?

dwarf

It seems unlikely that the next timesplitters will be released for Wii but it would sell bucket loads right?!

There's been a couple of interviews with Free Radical about them making it for 360/PS3 but it would be perfect on the white machine.

Im probably wrong in saying this but the graphics in the series have never had to be stunning and so a port wouldnt be too difficult? Pointer controls and online components and we have a candidate for most anticipated Wii game after Smash Bros hits.

Its my favourite pure shooting game and Im sure a favourite of many people here so im throwing the idea into the air.

In the interview(s) I recall them talking of a Second Sight sequel for Wii as well, which in my opinion is great news (awesome game) but is there any chance that a petition could influence the developers?

If someone found the interviews for me it would be useful.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TimeSplitters_4

wiki!

I think I read in an interview that it's coming for Wii as well. Can someone confirm this?

Would be awesome if it was, after all Free Radical are the FPS experts. I'd really like to see how they would handle the pointer.

You're shitting me?! If they confirmed this then I'd... well I'd just be extremely pleased.

I wont hold to much hope out though because for some reason i dont think it'll happen.

So my thread is pretty much un-necessary :( ?

wah.

Timesplitters was a rare gem that had both great single-player and multiplayer modes. Co-op with friend was astoundingly fun.

Challenging as well, loads of unlockables as well. Stone Golem is immense

Was Future Perfect better than 2? I think i preferred the missions in 2 but if you added the cutscenes from FP it would have been even better. The weapons in Timesplitters have always been the best as well.

Did anybody else actually play second sight? The game wasn't that polished but it had some good ideas and was pretty fun & challenging.

So my thread is pretty much un-necessary :( ?

wah.

Timesplitters was a rare gem that had both great single-player and multiplayer modes. Co-op with friend was astoundingly fun.

Challenging as well, loads of unlockables as well. Stone Golem is immense

Was Future Perfect better than 2? I think i preferred the missions in 2 but if you added the cutscenes from FP it would have been even better. The weapons in Timesplitters have always been the best as well.

Did anybody else actually play second sight? The game wasn't that polished but it had some good ideas and was pretty fun & challenging.

Nah played Psi-Ops instead which came out at the same time sorta and was much more action oriented. SOOOOOOO much fun using the power of your mind to fling people about and set them on fire amoung many other ways to dispatch your foes.

Timesplitter is an out of date concept in that it has lots of different styles across different levels. What we want is strict genres like halo = scifi, cod =ww2, etc.

I dont believe that anyone "needs" another timesplitters. however, it might work on the wii as we are deprieved of any good shooters at the moment. but when they appear we wont want a timesplitter.. i did enjoy it on the game cube but this is the year 2008.

I believe free radical can make a FPS but they should go for something else. I think a fire fighting game would be good.

GHOSTBUSTERS

Well I'm a lover of the randomness and the reason why it works is because the developer recognises that it is cheasey and slightly mis-match, but in a good way. Free Radical have made Haze which is FPS genre specific but what makes timesplitters awesome is the varying style. Its also what makes it stand out as (imo) the best multiplayer shooter.

There's so much to Timesplitters that kicks ass its hard to put on paper.

More single player with locations spanning Tokyo, deserts, Churches and Space stations please.

Also I heard in this one it will poke fun at other games in a satirical way.

I almost want this more than smash bros no lie, i know i'll spend a lot of time on it, especially if it's online.

Timesplitter is an out of date concept in that it has lots of different styles across different levels. What we want is strict genres like halo = scifi, cod =ww2, etc.

Yes what I certainly don't want is a game that is fun and I enjoy like Timesplitters I would much rather bore my self to death with Halo.

Yes what I certainly don't want is a game that is fun and I enjoy like Timesplitters I would much rather bore my self to death with Halo.

exactly, timesplitters is about the coolness and fun factor

yet its still very solid.

my perfect fps

I dont believe that anyone "needs" another timesplitters. however, it might work on the wii as we are deprieved of any good shooters at the moment. but when they appear we wont want a timesplitter.. i did enjoy it on the game cube but this is the year 2008.

I believe free radical can make a FPS but they should go for something else. I think a fire fighting game would be good.

GHOSTBUSTERS

You confused we with I it seems.

Besides that what makes you think that TS4 will be like the last 3? We haven't heard much about it and I'm sure Free Radical also got influenced by other shooters so in the end they will hopefully produce the most awesome shooter again. Not to say that I want it to change though.

Does anyone know if a PC version of TS4 is also in production?

You confused we with I it seems.

Besides that what makes you think that TS4 will be like the last 3? We haven't heard much about it and I'm sure Free Radical also got influenced by other shooters so in the end they will hopefully produce the most awesome shooter again. Not to say that I want it to change though.

Does anyone know if a PC version of TS4 is also in production?

I didnt think they made any other TS games for PC, and i thought they were console-only developers. Might be wrong. I think Wii would suit this down to the ground anyway.

GHOSTBUSTERS

your first paragraph is really annoying.. timesplitters is better than both those games you mentioned...prove me wrong.

i love the TS series..always felt it was under=rated by the general public over general mehness like halo..

I usually dont like fps games much but when i do i like them silly.. I also enjoyed red faction 2...

timesplitters 4 will take a dump on halo 3 wait till you see.. The series never got a decent chance at on-line yet.

truer words never spoken

If they make a better level editor, that would be reason enough for me to buy it.

Imagine it with the same modification possibilities as the sims!

Make walls however you want, pick what doors you want, what windows, tables, chairs, trees and textures you want, and modify the ground in any way.

I really don't understand you people who think Halo is a boring experience.

Halo 3 campaign on legendary difficulty, 4 Player online co-op on Christmas day last year was one of the best gaming experiences i'd had all year.

I played Halo 3 co-op on hard or veteran whatever, and was expecting it to be refreshing but I found it again to be too generic. The levels are empty somehow, missing life. The weapons are pretty good but It got very repetitive.

Im sure online is fun, but TS is way better in practically every department

Blender is obviously joking guys :) He was the guy doing the timeplitters campaign for AGES!!!

Anyways, I want this game to come out for all systems, realy put some effort into the grpahics and effects on the Wii with controls of Metroid/MoH2 and THEN lets see which version is best.

Timesplitters was hardly brilliant. The multiplayer in TS2 was pretty great, easily one of the best from last generation. The single player was crap though, it only made up for it with the challenges and stuff.

Future Perfect sorted the Single Player out a bit (although i'd hardly call it great) but to me the multiplayer didn't seem as good. The level design on the multiplayer maps wasn't a patch on the ones in TS2.

In terms of playing style Timesplitters and Halo are pretty similar. It'll be interesting to see if Free Radical can catch up with Valve, or even if they change the style altogether. As for becoming best in the genre? I can't see it. Team Fortress 2, Call of Duty 4 and Crysis have risen the bar pretty high!

Do you mean in terms of graphics? TS has always had that cartoony cheeky look and its quality. and yes at the start i thought ts2 was crap story mode, but then after co-op play i loved it. tokyo and aztec ruins (with stone golemn and boulders) were quality.

i agree with FP multiplayer tho

Do you mean in terms of graphics? TS has always had that cartoony cheeky look and its quality. and yes at the start i thought ts2 was crap story mode, but then after co-op play i loved it. tokyo and aztec ruins (with stone golemn and boulders) were quality.

i agree with FP multiplayer tho

It ain't the graphics. Future Perfect nailed the presentation in the single player and graphics are just incremental.

Halo 3 is just bigger and better than Future Perfect is. For they're respective times i'd put them on a par with each other. Compare them equally though and Halo 3 is just more impressive, more modern and more feature packed.

If you want the graphics milestone that i'd like to see TS4 hit then look at Team Fortress 2. The characters are full of life!

(i am really, really surprised i got a proper reply rather than flaming. What the hell happened to the Wii boards? Who broke them?!?!?!)