N-Europe

Fatal Frame 4

Gaijin von Snikbah

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see how Nintendo releasing this game is going to hurt it's image at all. I think it might improve it in some quarters to be honest.

Isn't the Wii big enough for it to have Wii music and Project Zero/Fatal Frame to be published? Thank god that Sega aren't as small minded about bringing over some games that Nintendo would never bring out.

If it doesn't then Nintendo should be honest enough and explain why they are not going to release it. What makes the Japanese market so special that their games can't be enjoyed by others.

I realise that this game isn't going to be as popular but considering that the game has already been produced I don't see it costing so much to bring the title over to Europe, N. America and elsewhere. Nintendo could just keep the original speach and put sub titles over it. However I've heard that the Japanese release had some bugs in it so if it does get released it needs to be fixed first.

in europe it was co published by nintendo or something likle that

I think they're actually the sole European publisher, although I doubt Nintendo have any say in what Capcom wish to release in this territory, they seem to act more like a distributor though. I wonder why this set up was originally agreed. Very strange.

Edited by david.dakota

I think they're actually the sole European publisher, although I doubt Nintendo have any say in what Capcom wish to release in this territory, they seem to act more like a distributor though. I wonder why this set up was originally agreed. Very strange.

seemed like a last desperate attempt to make the gamecube sell..So nintendo wanted in...different times indeed.

Just for 'fun', I mailed/stalked Nintendo of Europe, not expecting any kind of response at all, if only just to ventilate, and I whaddayaknow, I got a response!

And the response... doesn't tell me anything at all. ;)

You can read the generic 'I'll patch you through'-mail here. I can understand it, though. It's not like they can answer every mail they get.

"Dear Mr. C-.,

Thank you for your eMail which reached the Nintendo Communication Center.

First we have to inform you that the Nintendo distributors in the different countries are the responsible contact for the consumers of their country.

Unfortunately you did not tell us your home country, so we cannot give you the address of the Nintendo distributor or subsidiary, which should be responsible for your requests. For this reason you may inform us in your next eMail.

Kind regards,

S-. P-. "

And so I did. It's a fool's crusade (I doubt the local departments have any say in the matter, or know much more than we do), but there aren't much bigger fools than me. ;) It's not going to change anything, but call it personal therapy. :heh:

Crazy name. Here's hoping we actually get this sorted out soon. Been a terrible mess so far.

Yeah, Nintendo or Tecmo are making a mess and confusing info with this game. Why drop the Project from the title and give it a new sub title? :confused:

Drop the "Project" from the name?! Wasn't this called Fatal Frame 4?

USA - Fatal Frame series

Europe and Australia - Project Zero series

Japan - Zero series (零 this kanji is normally read rei, which can also mean "ghost")

I dont understand why we are using the USA name than the europe one.

Project Zero I

Project Zero II: Crimson Butterfly

Project Zero III: The Tormented

Project Zero IV: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse (Now known as Zero : Another Japanese Ghost Story)

Edited by Dante

That name is terrible, it sounds more like a comedy spoof of horror games then a an actual horror game.

Not gonna worry about it though, still going to play it.

To be honest, everyone talks of this serie's legacy but I didn't knew it before this one. Zero seems ok then.

I wouldn´t say it has a legacy, this game series has been a bit of a cult series.

It just got a lot of attention when it was announced on the Wii

Who cares? They could call it 'Say Sausages, Mr Ghost-man' and i'd buy it. This is honesty excellent news.

This.

Really, it makes people new to it feel more comfortable in it (I mean calling it Project Zero 4 might put people off since they have never played the older ones before thinking they might have to go through them to understand this one)

If it gets more people interested in the game, then that is a good thing :D

I knew of the series before IV, but not in depth. I'd heard noting but great things too, so I was very pleased to hear it was heading for Wii.

I'll bet money that this European victory is short-lived... when Tecmo confirm an improved version for the US.

Who cares? They could call it 'Say Sausages, Mr Ghost-man' and i'd buy it. This is honesty excellent news.
Indeed, but where exactly is this news? :wtf:

As far as I can tell it's just based on someone pre-ordering the game somewhere. ::shrug: I mean it's still up for pre-order on Play.com and no doubt other places too, doesn't make it a dead cert for release though does it?

Indeed, but where exactly is this news? :wtf:

As far as I can tell it's just based on someone pre-ordering the game somewhere. ::shrug: I mean it's still up for pre-order on Play.com and no doubt other places too, doesn't make it a dead cert for release though does it?

Exactly. Which is why I'm not moving like lightning to report this (that, and I'm tired).

More rumblings.

Looks like some European retailers are going out of their way to make this Fatal Frame IV situation even more confusing. One person has reported that they were able to put down a preorder for the game at their local Gamerush. As of right now, the retailer had the game listed for a May/June release date.

I’m thinking the preorder will end up being refunded. That is, unless NoE released a bold-faced lie. Thanks to MrBubbles for the heads up!

More rumblings.

Meh it was in my link.

YES!

Preordered "Zero: Another Japanese Ghost Story" today at my Gamerush

Less than €10 giving back We Ski and Carnival Games

They said "may/june" though, what the hell isn't there a date yet?