NEurope
Tellyn

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (100% Spoiler-Free Topic)

I wouldn't mind playing through it again getting the PAL copy, have no clue when I'll buy it though.

WOW. Brawl is different. And the comp is even more blatant about wanting you out of the game =/ But there is so much GAME!!

Got it today, with the limited edition sleeve so I guess it wasn't exclusive to game, although I think game own gameplay or something. Also got some postcard with zelda on it, although I was hoping for an apology to be included in the box for waiting so long. Will post my friend code later on.

went through classic mode once on normal and unlocked a fighter. Also did a bit of the SSE.

Went on-line a couple of minutes ago and it was laggy in parts but most of the time it ran really smoothly.

Friend Code is 1247-0148-6286

add me

Squee, I can't wait. Amazon is still "prepping for dispatch" though, I might have to wait until Saturday. Doh!

Firstly, it works. Secondly, dear god the wiimote on its own is crap for this game. Had to bust out a wet wipe and clean the dirt and dust off the old wave bird.

Seems fun so far, although I've really lost all skill (if I had any) from melee, I'm rubbish. Can't wait to get a few friends over for a good brawl though.

Tried out Ike and Pokémon Trainer so far.

I actually quite liked the Wii-mote on it's own. Shiedling is awkward though but the jumping is MUCH easier than I thought it would be. That said the Cube pad is better.

I'm fiddling around with controls on the mote and chuck option atm. I really, really would like to stick to the proper Wii controllers and I actually think, with practice, this could make it possible.

The wiimote is much better than I expected to play, but anyone that expected it would be a candidate for main control method with it was waaaay off base.

Got the game this morning, it's sad to say but i'm actually abit dissapointed with what i've played.

Got the game this morning, it's sad to say but i'm actually abit dissapointed with what i've played.

You'll be in the vast minority then...but fear not, it will grow on you! Use the SE adventure mode and unlock the characters more quickly and then see how you feel. Also there's a squillion other reasons to like it, not least of all the trophy acquisition method and shere quantity of challenges which can't be achieved in 5 minutes.

What I'd like to know is if US. save files work on the PAL version. I suspect they will personally but others aren't so optimistic.

LOL, it took me a few days to feel that way. Just disappointed by hour tedious the single player is, and although I love the online, I'm not happy with the simple modes. Would it have been so hard to add a mario Strikers-eque ladder table? Meh, spilt milk etc etc moving on.

Character roster is also a buzz kill. The Wii is revolutionary, I guess I was expecting the same from it's games.

What I'd like to know is if US. save files work on the PAL version. I suspect they will personally but others aren't so optimistic.

Nope, they don't.

LOL, it took me a few days to feel that way. Just disappointed by hour tedious the single player is, and although I love the online, I'm not happy with the simple modes. Would it have been so hard to add a mario Strikers-eque ladder table? Meh, spilt milk etc etc moving on.

Character roster is also a buzz kill. The Wii is revolutionary, I guess I was expecting the same from it's games.

The character roster is a buzz kill?

Got the game today (great!)

It doesn't work! (bastard!)

Just phoned service centre (it's closed)

Pulled out all my hair (bald)

Emailed service centre (wont get reply until tomorrow)

Well this is great not only do I have a major disadvantage playing the people who got the US version months ago now I'm gonna get my arse handed to me by everyone else when I eventually get my Wii sent off and returned "cleaned"

This sucks arse on so many levels!:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Oh here's the email address for any other poor saps - [email protected] or phone 0870 6060 247

Pigmarcher I feel your Pain!

Quick question:For the people who are getting smash bros at game tomorow Do you have to preorder to get the sleave you probly do but do you because i wanted to preorder it from game in stratford last week and they said they don't do preorders within the last 7 days?

This might help folks with disk errors

My dads got one of these so I'm gonna give it a go!

I'll let you know if I have success!

Thats partly due to the delay...they didnt plan it out well

Got it today, but I'm not sure if I should keep it or not. I have already played what I could be bothered with in the NA version and I don't think I will get much fun of online either. Anyway, it was a great game.

Played like 50% of the SE Adventure mode today but after that I decided to play classic mode and it was much better, SE sucks sadly. I have to play SE and get all the characters before the weekend because I'm going to have a huuuuge SSBB marathon with my friends.:heh:

My dads got one of these so I'm gonna give it a go!

I'll let you know if I have success!

No success - *sighs*

The character roster is a buzz kill?

Yeah, after all the hype and speculation and possibilities, character roster is nothing spectacular.