NEurope
Tellyn

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (100% Spoiler-Free Topic)

Every single of person that's heard of the problems in the US and Jap should of expected it. No reason for it not to happen.

Shame it happens though, another forumer is having problems playing Brawl at times aswell. Hope it gets sorted out soon for you.

oddly, my Smash Bros worked fine at first, failed to read on the SECOND attempt, and is now fine.

I've tried the Wii-mote+Nunchuck and whilst I quite like it, I keep 'forgetting' about the Smash attacks becuse they're on the B button [and kinda out of the way], if that makes any sense!

Dunno what to do, are most people using a GC pad?

It seems some thing's wrong over there man. The default controls for Wiimote+Nunchuck have the A button as standard attack and B button for special attacks, so you can't be smashing with the B button.

I don't use the GC pad. I don't want to be tethered to a console for 5 more years of smash bros. Wireless ftw!

I use wiimote+nunchuck too. C to jump, Z to shield/dodge

The only control I changed was the down D-pad from shield to grab/throw item, because pressing A+B sometimes didn't work well.

3 or 4 hours was all it took for me to get back to my GC controller level of skill using the Wiimote+nunchuck. It's way easier than I thought and the comfort is exactly the same, if not best.

The default controls for Wiimote+Nunchuck have the A button as standard attack and B button for special attacks,
That's what I meant then.

I think I'm gonna keep trying with the Wii-mote and Nunchuck.

I've used the Classic controller non-stop, even though I have a Wavebird, and am finding it really good. Haven't seen the need to alter the controls (bar turning tap-jump off, for ease of using Meta's up-smash, which I spam a bit much :heh: ), and I find the Zr button easy to reach too, despite my inital fears.

I also opt for the classic controller. The left stick isn't ideally placed but you soon get used to it. Quite why Nintendo insists on mapping the functions of GC buttons to the CC buttons based on name rather than placement is rather strange since the menus in the games are designed to change anyway - hence the reason I can't use the CC for fire emblem with it's lack of customisable button. At least with this I can map special to "y" and attack to "b".

I also opt for the classic controller. The left stick isn't ideally placed but you soon get used to it. Quite why Nintendo insists on mapping the functions of GC buttons to the CC buttons based on name rather than placement is rather strange since the menus in the games are designed to change anyway - hence the reason I can't use the CC for fire emblem with it's lack of customisable button. At least with this I can map special to "y" and attack to "b".

Interestingly, when I came online the other day and played you, I only had the intention of inputting some codes. Then I fought you using only the Wii Remote, and it was surprisingly functional!

Then I fought you using only the Wii Remote, and it was surprisingly functional!

I think that's the whole point of wii remote on it's own. It's designed to be functional enough to allow someone to do the basics with. Whilst all of the moves can still be done with it, the more complex moves require a greater skill from the user and once they are looking for that, then it shows an indication that they have the time and effort to devote to picking up the different control styles to find the one that best fits.

Gah I want my copy to turn up, it worries me about the disc failure so hopefully I don't have that problem!

I'll be using nunchuck with wii remote because I frankly don't have anything else, but I don't see it being too much of a problem!

You have a relatively new Wii, so i'm pretty sure the newer ones will already have the problem solved since Nintendo's aware of the problem. And the fact that there's been very litle play time compared to others so there won't be all that much dust covering the lens.

I mentioned a little while ago about not being able to find random battles on the Wifi connection, I've found it can be fixed by turning off the smash service and then turning it back on :)

Gah I want my copy to turn up, it worries me about the disc failure so hopefully I don't have that problem!

I'll be using nunchuck with wii remote because I frankly don't have anything else, but I don't see it being too much of a problem!

If you don't have a GC controller I assume you also didn't have a gamecube and melee. If that's the case and you're not used to the GC controller, then there's absolutely no reason not to use the Wiimote+Nunchuck.

The only reason lot's of people still prefer using the GC controller is probably because they have 5 years of practice with it from melee, and there's that awkward feeling when playing this very similar game with a completely different controller.

I liked the Wii-mote and Nun-Chuck at first, and it was the style I used for a while, then I changed to the Cube pad and it was so much better. Doesn't feel right with Wii-mote way I think.

Nunchuck and Wiimote is pretty good.

I actually like him more than the Gamecube (i already tried)

But that's just me, they're all functional, anyway

I use the remote & nunchuck combo as well.

Problem is, whenever i start a game, i forget to put in my name so i end up with the default controls. I hate jumping with the C-button =(. I use down on the D-pad for jumping usually, i'm used to using that & A at the same time from mario strikers.

Played against a really cheap Pit user today on wifi. He kept spamming Pits arrow attack.

Don't like the anyone option as the people I face tend to do that. Imagine a match with 2 metaknights where all they do is spam the special attacks and you have an inkling of smash hell. Online is restricted to n-europe forumners who seem to have a lot more quality about them.

Don't like the anyone option as the people I face tend to do that. Imagine a match with 2 metaknights where all they do is spam the special attacks and you have an inkling of smash hell. Online is restricted to n-europe forumners who seem to have a lot more quality about them.

Indeed...I'll be back! Sheik will pwn once again.

I can't wait to get this game...so I can show you halflings who's boss.

ME! Mwhaha.

Is it possible for two local players to Brawl online? I see that you can invite CPU fighters into online Brawls... But i can't see an option for one more human player...

Press + with the second/third/fourth controller.

Easy :)

Press + with the second/third/fourth controller.

Easy :)

Wouldn't having a fourth local Brawler defeat the object of an online match?

Got this on friday and I'm liking it alot more than I thought I would. Also I prefer the wiimote only control scheme for some reason, I seem to be able to work it really well.

Wouldn't having a fourth local Brawler defeat the object of an online match?

you can't have more than 3 local players

and the game won't start if only local players are in the match