NEurope
Tellyn

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (100% Spoiler-Free Topic)

Gentleman, the first review is up and it received a:

10/10

From Thunderbolt. I don't know how spoilerish the review is but I don't think it is too bad. if anyone else sees any other reviews please post them.

Gentleman, the first review is up and it received a:

10/10

From Thunderbolt. I don't know how spoilerish the review is but I don't think it is too bad. if anyone else sees any other reviews please post them.

The score it got isn't really a spoiler... unless you could decipher it and in some way figure out what the game contains that would give it such a score.

First review? Do the Japanese not count?

Going by gametrailers. Are there anything other japanese reviews out apart from Famitsu?

Hats off for the sensible thread suggestion, I'm really trying to avoid spoilers at the moment cos I want the game to be magic all along the way.

Can anyone tell me though, in online, can you do any forms of co-operative stuff?

Thanks Tales. Have you got no way of playing it now then? That's gotta suck hard :( Mine's still on it's way, and hopefully I won't have any problems.

The score it got isn't really a spoiler... unless you could decipher it and in some way figure out what the game contains that would give it such a score.

What, you mean you don't know how to?? Pftt, you should read some of the stuff I got from it, this game's gonna be amazing!

Only if I buy a new tv. And I won't do that. Just bought a 360 and few games, playing FFCC and Fire Emblem is on the way and MKWII and GTAIV in April. No need to buy a ridicilous expensive new tv if I can have fun with other games all the way up to the European release. But even so it's not fun not to be able to play it when I have the game and everyone else have but me is playing it.

Damn, massive shame. You could probably manage to sell them on ebay, or with a post in the wiiloader thread here, or the private trade/bargain board. I can imagine some forumites are considering importing still.

I'm not importing, since I still want to be able to play other games.

What, you mean you don't know how to?? Pftt, you should read some of the stuff I got from it, this game's gonna be amazing!

So if I gave it a ten, what would you know about it?

Damn, massive shame. You could probably manage to sell them on ebay, or with a post in the wiiloader thread here, or the private trade/bargain board. I can imagine some forumites are considering importing still.

I got five bids on a local forum, three of them offering 75-80% of the original price^^ Will ship them tomorrow.

Well, that isn't a very action packed ten! :heh: Why not import it using a freeloader, that's what I'm doing, though I guess there is the risk of them blocking the freeloader somehow, I'm just gonna avoid doing updates until may or so at worst, and possibly buy the EU version when it's released too.

I got five bids on a local forum, three of them offering 75-80% of the original price^^ Will ship them tomorrow.

Good to hear :D

I'm not importing, since I still want to be able to play other games.

So if I gave it a ten, what would you know about it?

Who said you would be unable to play other games if you import Smash?

Who said you would be unable to play other games if you import Smash?

Isn't it obvious? It has everything from some of the best games ever, and some lesser best as well, how could you enjoy any games after it?

At the moment I'm looking forward to Mario Kart. So I'm holding off importing Brawl for now. I think that I'll probably give it till about the end of April-mid May, and if we do not have a release date by then, I may import. Surely we will have a date by then.

Well we all thought we would of had a date by now after Japan and the US getting there's months ago :heh:

the US getting their's months ago :heh:
Exactly. Because since the French Revolution, 9 days is a whole month.

So, how many won't import or can't play it? Two? Three?

I'm not importing it... I'm not particularly looking forward to it! :o But obviously I'll get it when it comes to Europe. I'll see how things pan out with the Freeloader and maybe get one in the future for other games that won't be out in Europe at all... or for anything that I must have early!

Exactly. Because since the French Revolution, 9 days is a whole month.

He probably meant when they got their release date. :p

So, how many won't import or can't play it? Two? Three?

Im not importing. Got too much work to do (even though atm im not doing it) and I know that if I did get it now, getting out of this third year of uni with a degree would become nigh on impossible. Besides, getting rid of the american version when the european version comes around will be a pain in the butt. My love for Smash is strong but my love of laziness is stronger :P

Important question!

With online, does it keep track of records/a score? If so, how does it do it? Like wins/losses/percentage etc or is it more detailed, or is it nothing at all?

Important question!

With online, does it keep track of records/a score? If so, how does it do it? Like wins/losses/percentage etc or is it more detailed, or is it nothing at all?

Remember the vast "achievements" in Melee? IE the screen where it said distance ran/jumped/kills/fights etc... It's all in there. Not too detailed. Just games played/games won. However, there are that many screens I could be missing something else...Only just started getting to grips with the online stuff today. But there is nothing too in-depth from what I've seen so far. It could extend when team battles etc are done. I'll edit this if it does.

I saved an online brawl today (press Z to save replay on "congratulations"" screen) and it was great. It even showed the initial (tiny bit of) online lag, the sudden death at the end was even in the replay. A great way to re-live those awesome online matches!...Sorry, kinda off-topic Rummy ;)