NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Maase

How do you imagine the next Zelda for Wii?

Aslong as it's not set in Hyrule i'm happy.

If it is, i want it to be like the original TP trailer made the game out to be; link is caught in a massive war between Ganons crew and the hylians. The game could see you go out and try to gain more members to fight with you (like the gorons for example). At the end of the game there is a massive war and Ganondorf escapes to the castle and link follows him, and here you have a typical Zelda Dungeon with Ganon waiting for you at the top.

Tbh, i'd like an over-the-shoulder camera angle like resi 4 where sword mechanics are controls like RE4: Wii edition (just aim and link stabs). The ability to play as Ganondorf during the game would be awesome aswell.

That's an awesome idea, big war going on, you fight a little, work your way to ganon's stronghold, then go through some form of final dungeon before reaching him and defeating him.

Reminds me of the end of HL2 actually.

EDIT: Nevermind, see post below.

What would be the point of a contemporary Zelda? They could risk ruining the franchise OR they could just make a new IP.

No franchise survives without eventually re-inventing itself in some form (RE4, Final Fantasy XII, Super Mario Galaxy). I'm merely suggesting one way of doing it. Twilight Princess while a great game is evidence that the tried and tested formula of the Zelda series is starting to age. Don't any of you notice that quite a few of the same puzzles keep popping up in sequels? And the new items they put in the game were barely expanded upon apart from being necessary to complete the dungeons you found them in? (e.g. the dominion rod and the spinner)

As I seem to remember Final Fantasy's first step from medieval/fantasy worlds into the future produced the majority fan favourite (sorry VIII fans) of the series.

What would be the point of a contemporary Zelda? They could risk ruining the franchise OR they could just make a new IP.

Especially considering how some franchise made similar changes and results in horrors even H.P. Lovecraft couldn't imagine.

xbox360-bomberman-act-jap%5B2.jpg

320.jpg

I hope link has to fight off the flood.

Or turn Link's fucking awesome bow training into a fully fledged game of its own.

It could also be a stealth action game like Metal Gear Solid or a free roaming game like GTA.

i half want big battles, but in reality, i prefer the lone hero link.

id like survival options, hunting and foraging for food, inns and camps to sleep in, the longer your awake, the worse you get, slower, bow less accurate. using the bow to hunt would rule.

a prequel 2 wind waker so we can find out how hyrule flooded and mayb a more multiplayer type game like ff chrystal chronicles kinda style

So you want another Four Swords?

Would love to see Zelda in a futuristic Setting, doubt Nintendo would take a chance on it though.........

So you want another Four Swords?

i never played that but i think it would be gd as games always seem more fun when played with other people and i heard that halo 3's co op worked very well but not sure if the same could be done on the wii?

No franchise survives without eventually re-inventing itself in some form (RE4, Final Fantasy XII, Super Mario Galaxy). I'm merely suggesting one way of doing it. Twilight Princess while a great game is evidence that the tried and tested formula of the Zelda series is starting to age. Don't any of you notice that quite a few of the same puzzles keep popping up in sequels? And the new items they put in the game were barely expanded upon apart from being necessary to complete the dungeons you found them in? (e.g. the dominion rod and the spinner)

As I seem to remember Final Fantasy's first step from medieval/fantasy worlds into the future produced the majority fan favourite (sorry VIII fans) of the series.

I'd say that after 20 years and 16 main installments in the franchise, it's doing pretty well for itself. And there's the fact that each new game manages to sell over 5 million copies and receive reviews in the 90-100% region.

I think new directions such as in Phantom Hourglass are the way forward, not sticking Link in the middle of New York...

i never played that but i think it would be gd as games always seem more fun when played with other people and i heard that halo 3's co op worked very well but not sure if the same could be done on the wii?

I'd say there's a fair chance of a new Four Swords game on WiiWare.

For the next Zelda game, one thing I don't want to see is big war secuences. We don't want Zelda to fall into the LOTR-cliche now, do we? What I would like to see is the following:

1.) Larger enviroments, the ability to go anywhere without boundaries or having to enter, say, a mountain or a desert from a specific location.

2.) A proper forest.

3.) Some darker moments in the game, and perhaps some Lovecraftian-style moments and monsters, perhaps?

4.) Slightly higher dificulty level. Twilight Princess was just too easy really.

5.) Dungeon designs that would rival even Twilight Princess.

6.) An Orchestal soundtrack.

7.) An over-the-shoulder perspective.

I'm sure there's more stuff I could think of, but I cba right now :heh:

A lot of Assassin's Creed made me think "Zelda should be like this"

The free roaming in the areas...the large areas, but then thats not really much new

What about a Link in a futuristic World? :P

Ganondorf creates a Portal between Hyrule and F-O (Project Name), Ganondorf takes Princess Zelda to Earth and puts her hidden somewhere.

Link is the only one who can travel between Hyrule and F-O, on Hyrule, Link will battle Old-School Zelda, giant monsters, finding new items, etc.

On F-O he will fight an futuristic (compared with Hyrule) world, full of guns, bazookas, and everything else.

10 dungeons, 5 from Hyrule (old school based) and 5 from F-O (Fresh ideas)

What do you think of this mad idea?

Or even madder (i don't know if i spelled right), LINK IN OUR WORLD :D

Ok, i have to sleep X_X

For the next Zelda game, one thing I don't want to see is big war secuences. We don't want Zelda to fall into the LOTR-cliche now, do we? What I would like to see is the following:

1.) Larger enviroments, the ability to go anywhere without boundaries or having to enter, say, a mountain or a desert from a specific location.

2.) A proper forest.

3.) Some darker moments in the game, and perhaps some Lovecraftian-style moments and monsters, perhaps?

4.) Slightly higher dificulty level. Twilight Princess was just too easy really.

6.) An Orchestal soundtrack.

7.) An over-the-shoulder perspective.

All excelent points, except the last one. I think the perspective OoT started is perfect. RE4's over the shoulder is just clunky, which suits RE fine, since it's a franchise always supposed to be clunky (clunky movement = more tension when attacked by enemies in survival horror). But Zelda's camera system is perfect as is.

The rest of your points are truly excelent, though. Especially the real forest and the ability to free roam at will, as opposed to entering a mountain from a specific point. A bigger, more complex and seemless world like in, say, Oblivion.

I want Zelda to be its own game. Taking influences from other games is fine, but I don't want a carbon copy of something else. I want a new Zelda game. If that means Nintendo sticking to their guns, or trying something new, then that's where the future lies.

2.) A proper forest.

Agreed. How about some bosses outside the dungeons? Ones that cause damage to Hyrule itself (In view of Link).

Also, the Wii Remote could be used for the items to make the game flow a bit faster - like using the hookshot via the pointer while still in 3rd person view and the ability to use the stuff in mid-air. All items could have a more fluid way of using them.

I want Zelda to be its own game. Taking influences from other games is fine, but I don't want a carbon copy of something else. I want a new Zelda game. If that means Nintendo sticking to their guns, or trying something new, then that's where the future lies.

I feel TP took too much inspiration from Lord of the Rings to the point where Link actually bears resemblence to Frodo. Also took some of the magic out of it, for example the enemies are mostly orks and goblins and so forth, what happened to those jelly-like things in Termina or Chu-chus amongst others. And then the great fairies look too LotR in appearance and demeanour. I liked those over-exuberent LOL fairies in OOT, it atleast gave us something to remember.

This is a jist as to why TP didn't feel like it had soul.

I'd like to see another Zelda game set somewhere other then the usual pseudo-medieval-European setting, like Wind Waker. Say it had a rainforest/South American theme, or was set in a time period where everyone wore fur and kept wolves as pets. Hyrule castle would be a huge wooden palisade and town, in stead of it's usual medieval grey-stoned citadel.

I feel TP took too much inspiration from Lord of the Rings to the point where Link actually bears resemblence to Frodo.

Surely you mean Legolas?

I feel TP took too much inspiration from Lord of the Rings to the point where Link actually bears resemblence to Frodo.

Yeah, there's quite a few similarities. But then, my brother always thought Link took too much inspiration from Peter Pan, especially with the Kokiri in Ocarina of Time. (never growing up and all that)

I'd like to see another Zelda game set somewhere other then the usual pseudo-medieval-European setting, like Wind Waker. Say it had a rainforest/South American theme, or was set in a time period where everyone wore fur and kept wolves as pets. Hyrule castle would be a huge wooden palisade and town, in stead of it's usual medieval grey-stoned citadel.

Surely you mean Legolas?

He looked more like Frodo to me...I'll try and find some examples.

tp_art_link03.jpg

frodo_5.jpg

...Same facial structure, like a broad face and its worth noting Link looks considerably different in-game when compared to the art. (and hair considerably darker).

Yeah, there's quite a few similarities. But then, my brother always thought Link took too much inspiration from Peter Pan, especially with the Kokiri in Ocarina of Time. (never growing up and all that)

But Link did grow up and the Kokiri was like a small sector of the whole plot, whereas LotR influence is stamped all over TP.

Anything involving swords and magic is built on Tolkien's shoulders though. Besides, I would argue LoTR didn't have a pseudo western section or a scene where the heroes snowboard down a mountain then cure an ice monster's wife by making hot soup.

He looked more like Frodo to me...I'll try and find some examples.

But Link did grow up and the Kokiri was like a small sector of the whole plot, whereas LotR influence is stamped all over TP.

Aye, I agree with you, but he was just refering to OoT at the time, since that was the one I was playing. I kinda agree with him, although Link did grow up. I think the green outfits kinda added to that similarity, too.

Ena, o meu topico tá a ter sucesso ^^

Proceed, please, im liking the discussion :P

I feel TP took too much inspiration from Lord of the Rings

So you're glad that the cool stuff from the first trailer was removed? As that was a lot more like LotR than the final game.

Sign in to follow this