NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Maase

How do you imagine the next Zelda for Wii?

NO cel shading.

A larger Hyrule, with deeper emotional connections to the characters. I want Link and Zelda for one time in the series show emotions towards each other.

Faster, more intense and more challenging combat.

More non-vital equipment (like the Goron Swords in OOT, or the Magic Armour from TP). I want a crossbow with an optic sight, I want a two-handed sword, or dual swords. Quite simply something that gives you the chance to be a bit more individual.

I want even better horseback combat than in TP, and finally I want epic battles once in a while, with the screen full of friendly and enemy characters fighting, like it would be an actual war.

Resident Evil 4 'over-the-shoulder' viewpoint with Wii Remote Sword play where slashing in different directions has the desired effect on screen.. maybe :heh:

(Yes, I know that probably sucks...)

I was going to laugh at that, then i realised thats not a bad idea!

I reckon it's gonna be as epic as ever! Massive fights between two sides. Kinda during a war or something? Problem is, i don't want the graphics all muddy looking etc..

Overall though, i have no-idea. Really i don't. Then it'll be announced, and i'll be like 'oh yeah, why didn't i think of that'.

I loved Wind Waker, so a prequel or sequel (whatever) would be great!

*Photography (pictobox) tasks that makes you take pictures of specific locations in hyrule.

Make me think a photography themed Zelda in a weird world like MM could be amazing. Just start to think about all ideas I can imagine around that (several usable films with a different effect for each: reveal invisible things, "capture" souls of monsters to control them, teleport to places you have previously photographied, modify pictures to modify reality,...).

While remembering the first time I played OOT and that I thought I would gain magic powers with sage medals,I also imagine a game where you can switch to different "outfits" each corresponding to one of the six sages, with their own weapons, fighting style, magic powers, abilities... like this:

Forest: Ranger Link: short sword and wooden shield fighting, bow as secondary weapon, ability to talk to animals and make seed grow,...

Fire: Berserk Link: two hand-sword fighting, hammer/bombs, super force, devastating fire magic,...

Water: Diver Link: boomerang, ability to swim and breathe underwater, electric magic,...

Shadow: Ninja Link: dual knives/chain-knife fighting, grapple hook, ability to see invisible things and become invisible while standing,...

Spirit: dual swords/spear fighting, rukh (roc?) cape, wind magic...

Light: Paladin Link: sword and mirror shield, dominion rod, protective magic,...

The story can involve Ganon having sealed the sages again and you gain new power while releasing them.

I find the whole concept really (too?) basic and classic but being able to switch to different modes can be seducing.

Anyway, what I just need for the next Zelda is to be surprised. I'd also love a MM style Zelda and the game revolving around one huge main theme like masks.

Maase, DarkJack and Deathborn all said the magic words about how the next Zelda should be. I envision too a Zelda-next which is truly monumental in scope and quest. I hate the cell-shading and toon-Link style, I can only feel great travelling in a 3D world which is realistic in graphical style, and nothing else. Twilight Princess came close to being what we wanted from a realistic Zelda, but ended up being too easy and too lifeless in many opinions, because Nintendo´s 3D team apparently were good at delivering 3D fields that the rest of the developer group couldn´t catch up with in terms of filling it with enough life and level-furniture.

The most immediate thing that comes to my mind here is the fact that when I looked down a slope, or over a bridge, there was nothing there except fog. In OOT and MM I always saw a lot of sights which made me feel more one with the gameworld. After Eiji Aonuma said that they would work harder on the next Zelda game, I have the highest expectations and hope I will not be dissapointed.

Well Miyamoto said after TP that the next main Zelda would be completely different.

I really hope so; but I hope it's got pleanty of character too, something that TP lacked, and that WW certainly didn't. I don't want another WW though, not yet anyway :)

I really want something new now. TP was great, but it wasnt exactly innovative.

I don't want the epic tale retold again and again. A shorter, easier, more focused game that uses the Wii controller in new ways would be great. A game that everyone can enjoy. I really don't care about the graphics. They can reuse the TP or Wind Waker graphics.

I'd be quite happy with Wind Waker 2.

For god sake... NOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :'(

I really want something new now. TP was great, but it wasnt exactly innovative.

I don't want the epic tale retold again and again. A shorter, easier, more focused game that uses the Wii controller in new ways would be great. A game that everyone can enjoy. I really don't care about the graphics. They can reuse the TP or Wind Waker graphics.

Isn't that Link's Crossbow Training? :heh:

I'd be quite happy with Wind Waker 2.

Isn't that Phantom Hourglass? :heh:

I don't want the epic tale retold again and again. A shorter, easier, more focused game that uses the Wii controller in new ways would be great..

Not trying to rape your opinion...but NO! Please God NO!!!!!!

The most immediate thing that comes to my mind here is the fact that when I looked down a slope, or over a bridge, there was nothing there except fog. In OOT and MM I always saw a lot of sights which made me feel more one with the gameworld.

Funny cause I remember seeing lake Hylia when looking down a bridge, mountains, forests and the castle when in the field, and Hyrule from the desert.

I reckon the princess will be captured, or dissapeared in some way.

You'll play as Link, have to save her, defeat Ganon, save Hyrule.

I reckon the princess will be captured, or dissapeared in some way.

You'll play as Link, have to save her, defeat Ganon, save Hyrule.

That's crazy talk!

Though I think it was sarcasm, I agree with Ashmat and I think the story needs to take a change of direction. It only tends to be the handheld Zelda games that change the storyline and try new things, and they often end up being more unique and better. I reckon that in addition to cel-shading (because it made Wind Waker look beautiful and really brings the game to life), a new main villain is in order. Vaati is an excellent villain and I think he'd work well in 3D, but if not then I'm perfectly happy with something else... as long as it's not Ganondorf.

a prequel 2 wind waker so we can find out how hyrule flooded and mayb a more multiplayer type game like ff chrystal chronicles kinda style

maybe a more online elements? 2 player co op?

Hum... Co-Op, one is Link, the other is Zelda?

That would be cool, a scene like the Horse Scene on the Final Battle

Aslong as it's not set in Hyrule i'm happy.

If it is, i want it to be like the original TP trailer made the game out to be; link is caught in a massive war between Ganons crew and the hylians. The game could see you go out and try to gain more members to fight with you (like the gorons for example). At the end of the game there is a massive war and Ganondorf escapes to the castle and link follows him, and here you have a typical Zelda Dungeon with Ganon waiting for you at the top.

Tbh, i'd like an over-the-shoulder camera angle like resi 4 where sword mechanics are controls like RE4: Wii edition (just aim and link stabs). The ability to play as Ganondorf during the game would be awesome aswell.

I've said it before and I'll say it again; contemporary Zelda ftw.

Yes, lets have Link in London fighting violence gangs and smacking up hoes

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

You own xD

Hum... Co-Op, one is Link, the other is Zelda?

That would be cool, a scene like the Horse Scene on the Final Battle

yeah that would b cool didn't think about which charcter u would b really unless there lots of links runnin around or his twin brother little dink?

Yes because that's exactly what I implied isn't it.

Oh wait silly me! Of course you wouldn't like the idea of a drastic change in the design of a game considering you're a huge fan of the oh-so repetitive Pokemon series.

Mmm... rehash.

Yes because that's exactly what I implied isn't it.

Oh wait silly me! Of course you wouldn't like the idea of a drastic change in the design of a game considering you're a huge fan of the oh-so repetitive Pokemon series.

Mmm... rehash.

What would be the point of a contemporary Zelda? They could risk ruining the franchise OR they could just make a new IP.

Sign in to follow this