Pointless Xbox 360 n-rigging

Everyone knows RRoD is bad - so I n-rigged the shit out of my Xbox 360

In progress:

side-1.jpg

Done:

front.jpg

side-2.jpg

^_^

One thing to note, the USB port stays powered even when the Xbox 360 is powered down, so yeah, the fans spin all the time but eh, it doesn't matter.

If I was going to go fucking extreme, I'd definitely cut out the insanely restrictive grill the fans are blowing onto, but the way I have it right now hasn't really invalidated my warranty, it can be removed easily enough.

Anyway yeah, pointless, but possibly entertaining.

I could have made the USB cable shorter, I didn't measure it in the slightest. It wouldn't be ghetto if I actually prepared!

...Wow.

You have alot of free time :p

I'm fairly impressed tbh :D

Those 80mm fans? I have 2 spare ones lying around.. don't fancy getting RROD again.

Also, isn't it loud as hell now?

Yeah 3 years but if you bought it 2 years ago and it's nearing the third year then you'd take precautions.

If i was gonna mod my 360 i would resit the CPU and GPU with top end Thmeral Paste and add some better fans at the back.

Nice Mod though.

Yeah, two 60mm fans, no, it isn't loud because the voltage on USB is 5v, so the fans are pretty underclocked as such, since they're 12v stock

That is one UGLY machine. :p

What about the fans then?

In all seriousness though.. it's prety shady the lengths you have to go to just to avoid the rrod!

That is one UGLY machine. :p

Hell yeah, but I don't care, I'm not the type of guy to buy macs or care about style :P