NEurope
Kirkatronics

Does size matter?

I'm 5'4" - and Im tall compared to my friends :D

Same-height-five! *click*

I'm 6 foot and my g/f is 5'1" and it doesn't cause any issues and I don't think much of it at all. My Mum and Sister are also pretty short but I never really pay any attention to it, although they sometimes comment on it. I'm not very tall but even around shorter people I've never felt tall.

On the other side, I always take note when people are taller than me, especially if it's 6'4" or above. So I often wonder if they really 'feel' tall....

I'm 5ft10/11. My dad's 6ft2ish and my mums just a tad shorter than me.

You can actually be a tall person if both parents are short. I think sometimes, quite rarely, it can skip genes =) So if one of your grandparents was tall, you had short parents, there is a slim chance you'd be tall.

Please refer back to my genetics skipping a generation statement.

It's actually a lot more than a slim chance, there is a 100% chance you will take after your grandparents more than your parents.

average uk male = 5ft10.1

average uk female = 5ft4.6

I don't have the source but i remember readin it on the internet.

Sounds about right.

ah haha means bluey can whack you round the head also.

*stops laughing for a second* QFT!! ...almost...TOO true.... :indeed:

It's actually a lot more than a slim chance, there is a 100% chance you will take after your grandparents more than your parents.

Sounds about right.

Oh sorry! i didn't mean to step on anyone's toes i just briefly read through the previous comments ^_^

haha! poor jamba... :indeed:

I swears there's like a little fairy sitting on Blueys shoulder that waits for a perfect opportunity to yank her ear making her headbutt me. WHY! Why do they hate me so!

Dammit! Thought I'd recognise some huge gigantor-woman perched on my gf shoulder! Are you really so very thin?

I swears there's like a little fairy sitting on Blueys shoulder that waits for a perfect opportunity to yank her ear making her headbutt me. WHY! Why do they hate me so!

*shuffles*.....we're getting off the subject.....

cobra.jpg

oh god oh god oh no how did he find out about them?! i thought i was so careful O_O

Oh sorry! i didn't mean to step on anyone's toes i just briefly read through the previous comments ^_^

That's OK, I've gotten used to people not listening to me.

That is a very general statement and probably not true even in this situation. Check figures 2 and 3 of this document (found in the back).

(Also posted way back on page one.)

I tried loading that pdf last night Odders and it screwed my browser. Might be fine for everyone else but just a warning.

And yes I agree. I wish people would stop making copy and paste comments about genetic inheritance. All inheritted behave differently based on the amount of allelles (sp?), current ratios of thos allelles and the nature multi-loci interaction.

Well if environment includes diet, then it's a mixture of the two.

See; "Third-world" inhabitants and people from the olden days. They're pretty compact.

I'm 6.2 maybe. Dunno. Tallest in my family I think.

I dont know. :(

Im probably about 5'10 as last time I measured which was ages ago I was 5'9 and a half.

im 5'8 and probably one of the smallest in my group of mates. I quite like my height tho and personally don't think size matters.

However if you are really tall and a girl you like is really short, it's not gonna work.

As for baldness, yeah im going bald but looking at the blokes on my mums side and my dads side they are all bald so yeah I had no chance really unless to negatives made a plus :P

However if you are really tall and a girl you like is really short, it's not gonna work.

You think, my wife and I have a 22 inch height difference, and have been together over 17 years.