N-Europe

New Final Fantasy XIII and VS XIII screens!

Choze

The production values for these games are ridiculous. Quite how Square-Enix intend to turn a profit I don't know.

Developing two games on the same engine means developement costs are less and sales are doubled.

I still think they'll struggle to turn a profit, but having two games instead of one is a huge advantage.

I still think they'll struggle to turn a profit, but having two games instead of one is a huge advantage.

Yeah, that is a good point. Still, just the amount of assets required... Detail wise those shots at least equal Advent Children, and that wasn't constrained to a single machine.

Come to think of it I don't really know much about FFXIII other than I'll end up buying it. I hope it's a character driven tale; FFXII's politics left me cold.

Yeah, that is a good point. Still, just the amount of assets required... Detail wise those shots at least equal Advent Children, and that wasn't constrained to a single machine.

Come to think of it I don't really know much about FFXIII other than I'll end up buying it. I hope it's a character driven tale; FFXII's politics left me cold.

No Advent children is too much :heh: but it will be great looking. Alos i am liking the art style. Especially the scene showing the girl looking over the cliff.

Here is a XIII screen

ffxiii6vq2.jpg

No Advent children is too much :heh:

Not really. As I said, those CG shots are at least equal to the film in terms of detail, and I don't think it's far fetched to suggest there will be at least 40 minutes of FMV in the game. Add the contents of the actual game onto that and you're looking at a hefty price tag.

Razziatore, I believe the snaps are from target footage. As in, "We hope the actual game will be something like this." Seeing as most likely no one working on it was a native English speaker typos aren't that unexpected.

I do wonder, with the sheer incredible detail in the screenshots, and the fact it's made on the black engine which is exclusive to PS3, would porting either game to 360 be technically impossible? Or at least financially unjustifiable?

This game is shaping up just... amazing. They're going no holds barred to make it the best it can be. PS3 simply needs more projects like this, I hope Sony has a deep wallet...

So they went from having male protagonists that look like females to female protagonist who looks like a man. A bold move :P

Also i remember reading a age and a half ago that the game was being made on a open engine so porting is a possibility. Which of course i doubt will happen except if the game flops....

How are people wondering if they are making a profit or not? You don't even know how much it's going to cost to make it in the first place.

Just because it looks ace in graphics, doesn't mean it has to cost a bomb to make. If MGS4 has to sell a million in 1 day. New FF games always sell more than that on the first day anyway.

Well FFX was on a single DVD, hell so was FFXII. I think it will fit on a 50GB Blu-Ray with ease! :P

So they went from having male protagonists that look like females to female protagonist who looks like a man. A bold move :P

Am I the only person in the entire world who has never mistaken a boy for a girl, and vice-versa? :wtf:

Mundi, it's obvious she's a lass. Because she has breasts!... Can you not see? :indeed:

So you just disregarding 7,8, and maybe 10?

Seven was set in a neo-steam-punk world quite different from ours.

Final Fantasy 8 is just plain wierd; while in some places there are cities that resemble our time period in other periods of the game you drive a flying school where the children of the future are trained to become elite warriors.

And Final Fantasy 10 was set in a reality quite different to ours with far more futuristic technology.

When I say the 'modern era' I mean it is set in a contemporary world which actually resembles the world we live in, even Tetsuya Nomura (the director) has said this;

"Versus XIII is supposed to resemble the modern-day world. I wanted to make this world resemble our world we live in today."

That's why I'm excited about it.

You might as well give in...do not resist...

To be fair by the time either this or MGS4 is out I'd probably be in a position to consider buying one. Currently the games I want, price I want and console version (I want backwards compatibility!!) are unavailable.