NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
phazonwarrior

Pikmin: debut or sophomore effort?

ok so ive never played pikmin (crowd: "wtf?") and think its about time i invest in the little blighters gamecube encounters.

Question:

Should i buy Pikmin 1 or Pikmin 2???

Both is the answer. I'm still to play pikmin2 cause isn't that easy to find, but they are excelent games. Start with the first. You won't regret :)

Number Two! It's far superior in many ways: two extra types of 'min, the underground caves, the sprays, two characters, better puzzles and areas, lack of a 30 day time limit, two player battle and challenges.

I liked the 30 days limit in the first game. It made the whole game a lot more exciting and gave the game more replay value because you use such short time to complete it.

Both are great games. You should get them both if you can. The first one is the cheapest one. Pikmin 2 usually go for almost full price over here even if it's not in mint condition.

I thought I wouldn't buy any more Gamecube games...until I remembered I never played Pikmin.

And to think I saw it for 8-9€...Why did it sell so fast?

Well, I'll eventually buy it. Or Pikmin 2 should I ever see it (I've seen 1 more often).

If you're only gonna get one then definitely get the second. Like others have mentioned, there are extra types of Pikmin, there are more things to do and you generally have more freedom in it.

I liked the 30 days limit in the first game. It made the whole game a lot more exciting and gave the game more replay value because you use such short time to complete it.

Yeah....It's not like it's difficult to get all the items in that amount of time; let alone just the ones you need.

Pikmin one is great, and I suggest you get that one, it's about £10 or so (i THINK, can't be bothered to check)

Then get the 2nd on a later date.

Playing the 2nd Pikmin 1st, or simply just the 2nd game means you'd be missing out on a game, or wouldn't be able to appretiate the 1st after playing 2.

I haven't played the second, yet.

The first game was amazing, though. The 30 day limit was excellent, as it really was a race against the clock and forced you to be very strategic.

get pikmin 1 for £5 and spend the money left on another cool game. Pikmin 2 is good too for the money, i'd buy a wii game.... but then again most wii games suck

I've decided. I'll buy Pikmin 1 first (easier to find and cheaper. Plus, I'll be able to finally complete my trophy collection in SSBM).

Should I love it, I'll do my best to find and buy Pikmin 2.

As others have said both, but I feel you'll better off playing 1 first so you can get the jist of things. Pikmin 2 can be a little hardcore with those underground sections and a much more diverse bunch of enemies.

While we're on the subject, does anyone know where i can hear Pikmin 2's music? Wistful Wild is just beautiful! I hate it when Nintendo puts great music in their games but don't put it on a soundtrack.

I rented 2 for a week a few years back, I loved it however at the time there were much better things coming out, so I never purchased it.

Its on my list of games to track down.

I rented 2 for a week a few years back, I loved it however at the time there were much better things coming out, so I never purchased it.

Its on my list of games to track down.

Yeah; the only reason I ended up getting it was because of an ONM subscription.

So I finally got a hold of Pikmin 1.

I'm on Day 4 and it's been fun so far, although it suffers from the Fire Emblem syndrome. Everytime one of my Pikmin dies in vain, I tend to restart the day.:heh:

Pikmin 1 gives me beautiful memories...I can remember strolling by in the Forest of Hope under a radiant beam of midday sunlight with that beautiful piece of music...Bless.

So I finally got a hold of Pikmin 1.

I'm on Day 4 and it's been fun so far, although it suffers from the Fire Emblem syndrome. Everytime one of my Pikmin dies in vain, I tend to restart the day.:heh:

You really end up caring for the little tykes don't ya'? That's what I loved about it so much, it was the first strategy game I played where I gave a damn about the troops under my control.

Pikmin 1 gives me beautiful memories...I can remember strolling by in the Forest of Hope under a radiant beam of midday sunlight with that beautiful piece of music...Bless.

You're absolutely right. The Forest of Hope is my favourite area just because of the gorgeous music.

Distant Fountain is great, too. I love that water scenery.

You really end up caring for the little tykes don't ya'? That's what I loved about it so much, it was the first strategy game I played where I gave a damn about the troops under my control.

Well, that was Fire Emblem to me. On strategy games that aren't RPGs, then, yeah, Pikmin is the first where I care about my troops.

Why are the other creatures so intent on killing Pikmin for fun, though? :(

I was so angry when one of those flamethrower creatures started attacking for no reason. Or the Frogs who jump on them when they feel like it.

And now I have to face those evil birds on the Forest of Hope. So many Pikmin are going to die...:(

Well, that was Fire Emblem to me. On strategy games that aren't RPGs, then, yeah, Pikmin is the first where I care about my troops.

Why are the other creatures so intent on killing Pikmin for fun, though? :(

I was so angry when one of those flamethrower creatures started attacking for no reason. Or the Frogs who jump on them when they feel like it.

And now I have to face those evil birds on the Forest of Hope. So many Pikmin are going to die...:(

LOL...Just remember that the reds are better fighters; use flower or bud red pikmin where possible for battles on land. Those flame throwing creatures have no effect on red pikmin...But yeah, those birds are really something.

The most annoying creatures for me are those bugs that dive in and capture pikmin only to throw them into the ground buried. >(

LOL...Just remember that the reds are better fighters; use flower or bud red pikmin where possible for battles on land. Those flame throwing creatures have no effect on red pikmin...But yeah, those birds are really something.

The most annoying creatures for me are those bugs that dive in and capture pikmin only to throw them into the ground buried. >(

I know, but when I can't or don't have time to send Red pikmin, I try to distract one of the fire beasts myself.

The birds...I was thinking of using the Blue ones, because of the water nearby. Maybe I should bring the Red ones and leave some Blue ones on the water, just in case. Also, I'll try to use myself as a shield to minimise casualties.

Now, the flying bugs who bury the Pikmin...One time, after a day of hard work finding a ship part, I saw one of those guys in the camp, wrecking havoc during my absence :mad:. I wasted the rest of the day undoing his wrongs...

I know, but when I can't or don't have time to send Red pikmin, I try to distract one of the fire beasts myself.

The birds...I was thinking of using the Blue ones, because of the water nearby. Maybe I should bring the Red ones and leave some Blue ones on the water, just in case. Also, I'll try to use myself as a shield to minimise casualties.

Now, the flying bugs who bury the Pikmin...One time, after a day of hard work finding a ship part, I saw one of those guys in the camp, wrecking havoc during my absence :mad:. I wasted the rest of the day undoing his wrongs...

Ahhhh, so many great memories. To get to the bird area, I built that log bridge on that little pond and threw red pikmin up on the hillside, then went all the way around alone and ordered them to attack the birds. The other way seems long and complicated, cos there are small pockets of water and frogs to boot.

Reds are very dispenable because you most likely have more of them than say the blues. But the Forest of Hope is full of pellets so you can give birth to more Pikmin more easier.

About the flying bugs: Yeah that happened to me a few times. LOL...I love this game. You definetly need to get Pikmin 2.

Ahhhh, so many great memories. To get to the bird area, I built that log bridge on that little pond and threw red pikmin up on the hillside, then went all the way around alone and ordered them to attack the birds. The other way seems long and complicated, cos there are small pockets of water and frogs to boot.

Reds are very dispenable because you most likely have more of them than say the blues. But the Forest of Hope is full of pellets so you can give birth to more Pikmin more easier.

About the flying bugs: Yeah that happened to me a few times. LOL...I love this game. You definetly need to get Pikmin 2.

I don't want to treat my Pikmin as dispensable. :(

Frogs? You mean the Bulborbs? Those are taken care of.

Sign in to follow this