Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Redwall

Supergrunch

fucks alive, I read a shit load of these!

are they really that contrived? haha. I actually studied children's lit for uni last year (surprisingly complicated and interesting) so I'd like to go back to them in a way, see what I can say about them.

I'll read that article later- looks ace.

I've got a shitload of these books. They're just so sexy. But the formular is practically the same each time, warriors bugger off to do some fighting, other baddies try to storm Redwall, the nice people inside find a couple of riddles to solve to pass the time.

EDIT: Just had a look on Amazon, and the covers they've got on there are shite.

I always wanted to read them, but it took me years to remember what they were called. Then I caught part of the Mattimeo cartoon on ... some Satellite Channel a few years back and was hooked.

Loamhedge = Worst Book in Series. A badger Lord with a bow and arrow? What's the point?

Oh man, those books were freaking awesome. I was first introduced to them in an audio tape of the Pearls of Lutra, and was hooked on them for years. Kicked Harry Potter's ass anyway.

Mr bro recently read a non-Redwall book by Brian Jaques, and apparently it was very good. I ought to check it out.