Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

N-Europe 2008 Meetup!

Strider

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10am? You must be crazy! Plus, peak prices before 9.30, and young persons doesn't work before 10, and I don't work till well gone 11. I can foresee myself arriving like after 12, maybe 1 or 2 as I might get lost on the way, I'm planning on trying to bring someone with me too, if they're not useless. Is it gonna be a day spent entirely in the park?

10am? Are you kidding, I can just about get a bus every hour...jesus..I can get a bus at 7 and still not be there for 10am..

Guys, guys, chiilllll! Everyone can turn up when they like :P most people won't be able to turn up 'til afternoon due to distance, it's understandable :)

I think supergrunch and I (ha! See, now I'm holding you to your word :P) will be there early to set things up a little (i hope).

See? Nobody ever reads the full event description, do they?

Whats the idea, just meet and chat or are people bringing theirs DS's for a gaming sessions?

If I go I'll be driving so anyone from Lincolnshire, nottinghamshire, sheff, doncaster could come with me (to a maximum of 4 :) )

Hopefully it'll be all of the above, plus whatever else anyone wants to do. I've got no real idea as to how many people will be going.

Guest Stefkov

I could probably get an early train down to Euston. Getting to the park would be a doddle with the Underground it's just where to stay after maybe.

I've joined that facebook thing. Just adding to the numbers..

I Guess it depends on where in Hyde Park we're meeting, according to wikpedia:

London Underground stations located on or near the edges of Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens (which is contiguous with Hyde Park). In clockwise order starting from the south-east, they are:

* Hyde Park Corner (Piccadilly Line)

* Knightsbridge (Piccadilly Line)

* Queensway (Central Line)

* Lancaster Gate (Central Line)

* Marble Arch (Central Line)

* Bayswater on the Circle and District Lines, is also close to Queensway station and the north-west corner of the park.

EDIT:

Euston is right next to King's Cross, which is on a shit load of lines, So getting to Hyde Park should be piss.

Guest Stefkov

Euston isn't that big. As soon as you come out of the train part an into the main station there's a load of shops but there one staircase/escalator going underground.

It's not hard to spot, there's probably a really big queue wanting to go down.

From there it's easy.

http://www.bulgarianlondon.com/bg_lon/bg/images/tube_map.gif

Underground map

Hmm, the problems is you lot don't even realise how bad I am at these sorts of things...I get paranoid about the train I'm on when I know it should be right until I hear a tanoid saying it's the right one!

Never mind being on a tube with just a map, but yes jay7, we'll sort it nearer the time ^.^

edit: should I also mention that I just looked at that map and was extremely confused...

haha I have no idea how or where to go once at euston, heck I don't even know where to go once I get off the train!

You walk off the train and the tube station is within the same building. What you do then...is get a tube to Green Park, then get on the Piccadilly line to Piccadilly circus. Hyde park (and Trocadero! :D) are within walking distance of there :).

Ok, so I cut down the tube map a little, keeping Euston, King's Cross, Paddington and Victoria on the map.

sectiontubemapps5.png

The ideal stations for Hyde park, I've been told, are Lancaster Gate, Marble Arch (both on Central line) and Hyde Park Corner (Picadilly Line)

I can give step-by-step changes if you need them :P I've left only the key stations on the map.

Whats the idea, just meet and chat or are people bringing theirs DS's for a gaming sessions?

If I go I'll be driving so anyone from Lincolnshire, nottinghamshire, sheff, doncaster could come with me (to a maximum of 4 :) )

If I could convince Strider to go I might be wanting a lift. I'm from north notts. I'd be willing to contribute petrol money and such.

But I don't know if I'm going yet so don't worry about making other plans.

So basically go to leicester square then get on the tube that takes you to hyde park corner..and I do what when I get there..

this could be quite disastorous considering how bad I've been told tubes are and how I do not like people..

The tubes are not bad at all, only during rush hour might you be a bit cramped. Which isn't when you'll be on them anyway :heh:

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!