N-Europe

Sam and Max: Season One

Hero-of-Time

Taken from Gonintendo

Okay, stay with me on this one. JoWood put out a press release for Agatha Christie: And Then There Were None. Hidden within that press release is snippet on JoWood’s other projects. You can see the important excerpt below.

"One of the next projects: Sam & Max. The Adventure of the year, as chosen by the readers of the German ‘PC Games’ (2/2008 issue), Sam & Max will soon be hunting criminals on the Nintendo Wii.â€

The problem is, this press release was originally only released in German, and I haven’t been able to find it. Mark this rumor for now…but let’s hope a confirmation pops up later today.

I know its been talked about for a while now, interesting if true.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gizmo: The rumour is that the game is confirmed. It's a rumour because this "confirmation" of the game can't be proven to be 100% correct yet. It's not that hard to understand unless you're looking for something quarrel about.

Here's the original press release where Sam and Max is apperantly confirmed:

JoWooD plant weitere seiner erfolgreichen Lizenzen aus dem Adventure Games für Nintendo® Wii™ zu adaptieren. Eines der nächsten Projekte: Sam & Max. Als Adventure des Jahres, gewählt von den Lesern des deutschen Computerspielmagazins „PC Games“ (zu finden in der aktuellen Printausgabe 2/2008), gehen Sam & Max bald auch bei Nintendo® Wii™ auf Verbrecherjagd

Gizmo: The rumour is that the game is confirmed. It's a rumour because this "confirmation" of the game can't be proven to be 100% correct yet. It's not that hard to understand unless you're looking for something quarrel about.

Here's the original press release where Sam and Max is apperantly confirmed:

Yeah I know. I'm just saying, its an awesome thread title.

Yeah I know. I'm just saying, its an awesome thread title.

Sorry I misunderstood.

I hope this is an entirely new game. I just bought all the computer games yesterday and I know already that I won't be playing through them twice no matter how good they are.

http://n-europe.com/news.php?nid=11394

Update:Telltale Games couldn't confirm the veracity of these news. Shacknews contacted a company representative and they had this to say: "While it's no secret that we want to bring Sam & Max to the Wii--and it is something we're actively pursuing--we don't have any official news right now. When we're in a position to confirm that we'll be porting Sam & Max to the Wii, we'll make an announcement about it."

So, they don't deny it, but it isn't officially confirmed either, keep up with N-E as we'll have a little chat with Telltale Games soon.

Taken from here: http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/50723

• 2 months later...

Awesome news!

Telltale Games is hoping to stoke the Sam and Max resurgence even further. Today, the developer confirmed for GameSpot long-standing rumors that it would be bringing its episodic series to consoles, and specifically to the Nintendo Wii. The canine-lagomorph combo’s debut on Nintendo’s console will come in the form of a port of the PC first-season compilation, from pilot episode “Culture Shock†through to “Bright Side of the Moon.â€

Telltale representatives said the game’s release on the Wii is due in large part to fan demand, in particular an e-mail campaign launched prior to the debut of the Sam & Max episodic series on the PC. Rumors and speculation of a Wii port helped spark publisher interest in bringing the series to Nintendo’s platform.