NEurope
arab_freak

Girl opens new iPod, finds note inside package

http://www.myfoxdc.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail;jsessionid=B83B71207F58B7AB213E73F53F56FCBF?contentId=5335536&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1&sflg=1

A little girl thought she was getting an iPod for Christmas but ended up getting a rude surprise. She got the box but when she opened it up, she found a surprising switch: the iPod had been replaced with a bizarre note.

The note reads in part "Reclaim your mind from the media shackles."

Jay Ellis, the girls father, returned the ipod to the Germantown, Md. Wal-Mart store where he purchased it. The store manger told him that another customer returned an iPod with a similar issue.

MyFoxDC attempted to reach Apple for a comment, but got no response.

Whoever wrote that note must have worked at Apple, since they're the only people who get to open the packages and shit (as far as I know). If that's true, why would an anti-capitalist go through all the trouble of unpacking iPods and stuffing them with these notes?

72208898uu7.jpg

Movie link:

http://www.myfoxdc.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail;jsessionid=91A98D78F26C6EF5C9DE1C3B3747B6BC?contentId=5321016&version=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1&sflg=1

Serves her right for not buying something better! *Apple hatred comment*

*Normal Jordan*

That is pretty messed up that an actual employee of a company would do that. I wonder if its just a small few cases?

Serves her right for not buying something better! *Apple hatred comment*

*Normal Jordan*

That is pretty messed up that an actual employee of a company would do that. I wonder if its just a small few cases?

This coming from the person who told me they hated sony business practices and would never buy a sony console, and now owns a PS3 :heh: I guess that means you'll be buying an iPhone or a iBook soon.

A daring expression of anticonformity this is, but also apparently a way to ruin Christmas for children everywhere. Perhaps not the best time of year to be a jackass.

Make me laugh, then makes me angry at the same time. Someone receives an I-pod as a gift then has a note that states how to claim it inside. Something is wrong with that, i guess someone got fired from Apple and thought to do this before they left, looks bad for the company i guess.

A daring expression of anticonformity this is, but also apparently a way to ruin Christmas for children everywhere. Perhaps not the best time of year to be a jackass.

Some children deserve their Christmas ruined.

A lot of kids are spoilt brats these days getting up to a grands worth of Christmas presents. When I was a kid I'd get a board game and pyjamas or some other shit and was expected to be grateful.

This coming from the person who told me they hated sony business practices and would never buy a sony console, and now owns a PS3 :heh: I guess that means you'll be buying an iPhone or a iBook soon.

Meh, i still don't like them as a company. But you know, i wanted to play a game on the PS3...

I personally find no attraction in Apple products.

I remember the days when you said you would never ever buy DRM infested Vista as well ;)

Let's not turn this into a thread about whether or not the iPod is good.

i fucking love my 5G iPod video. It;s the best thing i ever bought, never once gone wrong, sounds amazing and i can watch anime and dexter and 24 on the train with it and you're all just jumping on the anti-popularity bandwagon.

Why should the girl get stick? I think it's pretty childish saying "serves her right for asking for an iPod"...

That sounds harsher than I thought. I think their good and all, but people think they're the answer to all their music/video needs and because of the popularity people just get them without looking at other MP3 players :heh:

That sounds harsher than I thought. I think their good and all, but people think they're the answer to all their music/video needs and because of the popularity people just get them without looking at other MP3 players :heh:

I got my iPod Touch for christmas...that's the only reason I'm defending XD

I got it because it gave me an orgasm every time I touched it...:awesome:

I remember the days when you said you would never ever buy DRM infested Vista as well ;)

I didn't buy it! :)

I got it because it gave me an orgasm every time I touched it...:awesome:

Really? I think you're meant to use your fingers to touch it, not the nether regions. You could run into some problems if you start doing that in public.

Anyway, what a strange story. Sounds like Apple have some anarchists working within their company.

Really? I think you're meant to use your fingers to touch it, not the nether regions. You could run into some problems if you start doing that in public.

Anyway, what a strange story. Sounds like Apple have some anarchists working within their company.

Wow, never though of that, will HAVE to start using my fingers now! All hail the great weeyellowbloke :indeed:

Whilst I hate iPods, and there's many better mp3 players she could have had, this is a bit too harsh.

It's a good statement tbh, the media is brainwashing us, and we're too dependant on technology. But whoever did this chose a stupid time of year to do it. Then again, it works for them, as it'd get more of an impact, but that still doesn't make it right.

People actually buy the iPod Touch???

Meh, i still don't like them as a company. But you know, i wanted to play a game on the PS3...

I personally find no attraction in Apple products.

It wasn't all that long ago you said you wanted an iBook. :)

I didn't buy it! :)

Touche.

It wasn't all that long ago you said you wanted an iBook. :)

...I've never said that? O_o