N-Europe

Iwata on Third Party support

system_error

According to gamefront.de Iwata confirmed in the newest EDGE that Nintedo will offer as much help as possible to help third party developers. Iwata will grant the developers and publishers insight in Nintendo based tech demos and methods how to use the Revolution controller. He also said that Nintendo will try their best to help third party developers to port games to the Revolution. So far much progress is done in the first person shooter research.

Good news I think - especially the bit about FPS. Now I am quite sure that we will see enough third party support and also a new FPS by Intelligent Systems for Nintendo (was rumoured on some *.nl Cube site).

This is always good to hear!

FPS's could really be great on the Rev if applied properly, REALLY GREAT!!!

I'd love to hear devs saying they're supporting/porting their games to the Rev (as Retro_Link says, especially ResEvil 5)!

Which 3rd parties though? Considering there isn't even a Revolution page on warioware.com, I'd love to know exactly how this is of benefit for all 3rd parties :/

What are you talking about?!!? :angry:

I really hope Resi 5's one for the Rev...PLEASE CAPCOM....I hope Sonic's there too. Probably will be since they're such big publishers...though crazy shit has happened before!!

Good news I think - especially the bit about FPS. Now I am quite sure that we will see enough third party support and also a new FPS by Intelligent Systems for Nintendo (was rumoured on some *.nl Cube site).

Actually... it is NST which is making new FPS, not IS, or so do I believe. Why is that? I often browse job applications on Gamasutra and Gamebiz just for fun, and I saw about half and year ago application where NST sought for modeller who would have extensive knowledge about modelling modern firearms such as M-16, AK-47, etc. I don't even know did they found anyone for that job, but the application was genuine. Of course it is possible that Mario & Luigi will go gung-ho in next Mario game, but I suspect that it isn't the case. :)

Yeah sorry about that it is NST (if the rumour is true) not Intelligent Systems - mixed that one up.

@Schpickles: Maybe Nintendo talks to the bigger developers first - private meetings and stuff. Or maybe it is only marketing talk from Iwata. I think there are other ways to get hardware and information about the Revolution than http://www.warioworld.com.

I hope we wont see a firstperson mario! :(:( :no:

hell what are you talking about, nintendo already released a first person shooter with mario, it was on the snes. The game was called Yoshi safari, it was one of the best first person shooter game of all time and i hope they make another one on the revolution

That is corporate politics - I wish every developer would get the chance but I guess at the start Nintendo will focus on developers which already showed interest or developed GC games previously.

Nintendo has not a pool of unlimited resources so I guess a lot of great but maybe smaller developers will (or are forced to) wait. It is not the best choice but I can understand it.