N-Europe

Piercings and/or tattoos!

Raining_again

There are decent tattooists in Scotland? *heads of to have a look*

The only tattoo parlours I've seen in Scotland are the typical sort of run down places that you expect bikers to go to. Personally, if I was to go and get a tattoo done, which I'm contemplating doing but need a good idea and story to go with it before committing, I'd hop over to the US or go to London Ink. Would mainly go to the US to see if I could get tattooed by Kat Von D. That'd be legendary. I've got an application form for it somewhere on this PC to fill in if I want to get tattooed at LA Ink but as I've not fully decided on what I want I'm leaving it just now.

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are decent tattooists in Scotland? *heads of to have a look*

The only tattoo parlours I've seen in Scotland are the typical sort of run down places that you expect bikers to go to. Personally, if I was to go and get a tattoo done, which I'm contemplating doing but need a good idea and story to go with it before committing, I'd hop over to the US or go to London Ink. Would mainly go to the US to see if I could get tattooed by Kat Von D. That'd be legendary. I've got an application form for it somewhere on this PC to fill in if I want to get tattooed at LA Ink but as I've not fully decided on what I want I'm leaving it just now.

Very few, but there is some. I go on a forum with an artist who is training in scotland, some of the work he does is very nice..specially the roses he does! I can just look where he is for you, he's a lovely guy!

edit: Inkredible Kreations in Perth. Go have a look, apprently the myspace doesn't have all their work on there, as his boss is apprently really really good at everything. But I can show you at least Adi's work.

Kat von D is legendary..but I'm happy to say that there are better artists than her around..Nikko comes to mind! She just happens to be famous outside of tattooing/piercing ''circles'', although I'm not knocking her talent at all. Modblog.bmezine.com is a fantastic way to view artists, although the majority out europe or US, depending on how far you really are willing to travel.

Yeh, there are better tatooists on the LA ink team. I was looking at some of their work and there's one guy who's of vietnamese origin or something like that and his work is phenomenal. But as you say, Kat's not a bad tattooist it's just that she's well known outside of the tattooing circle and that's why sh'es hyped. Still, I wouldn't say no to getting tattooed by her. Would be such an amazing story to tell people.

Yeh, there are better tatooists on the LA ink team. I was looking at some of their work and there's one guy who's of vietnamese origin or something like that and his work is phenomenal. But as you say, Kat's not a bad tattooist it's just that she's well known outside of the tattooing circle and that's why sh'es hyped. Still, I wouldn't say no to getting tattooed by her. Would be such an amazing story to tell people.

the bald fella that was in the war? I love him, he's an amazing artist :3

My brother has one of those delightful tribal designs which make a banging personal statement [a mate designed it but we'll overlook that] and it looks... alright, but the points on it look a little blurry, which I put down to just wearing out-ish. But bro claims it's not meant to do this. Either way he's having it extended [additional designings by same mate] and is getting it done at another parlour, where I assume it'd be more defined. Which makes me think that they are both going to look really shitty together.

^ have to thank you for mentioning Inkredible Kreations. Was looking at their site and some of the stuff they've done is amazing. There's this huge Tiger tattoo that is so vibrant in color it's amazing. Looks incredible. And there's one which is a spider on a guy's shoulder but it's been coloured so it looks 3d. Really cool. Definitely look into them if and when I decide to get something done. I'll have to pull out the old sketchbooks and start coming up with some designs.

^ have to thank you for mentioning Inkredible Kreations. Was looking at their site and some of the stuff they've done is amazing. There's this huge Tiger tattoo that is so vibrant in color it's amazing. Looks incredible. And there's one which is a spider on a guy's shoulder but it's been coloured so it looks 3d. Really cool. Definitely look into them if and when I decide to get something done. I'll have to pull out the old sketchbooks and start coming up with some designs.

If you do go, you may meet adi, tell him somebody from bjs sent you :heh:. Definately go, if you want roses I'd say get one from adi, he does some awesome little works.

:)

lol. I'm a man. Why would I get a rose done? :heh: Joking aside, I haven't seen any of Adi's stuff. I've seen the main guys stuff and it's awesome. But my first tattoo will probably be a small-ish one so I may end up getting Adi to work on it.

Here's a few he's done and shown:

badler.jpg

SG1L2852.jpg

This one below was the first he ever did.

l_96bbab7b63c641f1adc924d15b62e347.jpg

The woman who got this rose is actually another member of the forum

alezarm1.jpg

I like the flower. It's nicely done. Wouldn't mind something colourful like that although I don't really want something too bright for my first one. But then I don't really want just something black. Guess it's something that I could discuss with the guys when I went to them. But yes, that flower is very nice. Not too keen on the other ones though that are there.

I like the flower. It's nicely done. Wouldn't mind something colourful like that although I don't really want something too bright for my first one. But then I don't really want just something black. Guess it's something that I could discuss with the guys when I went to them. But yes, that flower is very nice. Not too keen on the other ones though that are there.

It's not the design you should be looking at really. But how well it's done. Wonky lines are easy to spot, bleeding is another etc etc. :)

Yeh but I can't help but look at the design as I have and do design tattoos out of interest. And you have to look at the design because if it's a poor one then you're gonna be pissed regardless of how well it turns out after it's done. But, the lines are crisp and the colours are clean. The design of the flower is also well done. Would be happy if it turned out like that.

edit: urgh... got artists' block. Can't come up with any designs for tattoos. Doesn't help that I don't know what to do base them on. Anyone willing to give me a subject matter or idea to help get me started?

edit: urgh... got artists' block. Can't come up with any designs for tattoos. Doesn't help that I don't know what to do base them on. Anyone willing to give me a subject matter or idea to help get me started?

I want a tattoo of a song lyric.

I mean, for my first anyway. Pictures I'll have later on.

I listen to a lot of artists whose lyrics are absolutely mind-blowingly brilliant. And I love them. Thus, I want a small tattoo of one of them.

Dunno what yet, though.

I would stay away from cliches though, like roses, italiced writing, birds etc. And especially celtic bands or the use of asian script for no reason.

That's what I'm trying to do: stay away from all of the cliched styles. Everywhere I look it's either tribal art or dragons/coyfish and it does annoy me slightly. I'm not a big fan of getting writing tattooed on people unless it has a really significant meaning. Getting someone's name tattooed just for the sake of it is wrong. But something like getting your loved one's name tattooed can have great meaning as it can show you're willing to sacrifice, albeit a small section, of your body to immortalise them. I still wouldn't do it and would probably improvise with something more personal. So trying to come up with something original when everything has basically been cliched and overused. I'll think of something but it may take some time. It just has to be personal to me and even if others don't get what it stands for or what it means as long as I do then it's fine. See, some people see a tattoo as just a tattoo but to me, it's something that you're going to have for the rest of your life and so it has to have meaning and shouldn't just be a fling during your younger years when you 'raised hell'.

Well you make up for it in fun and fancy.

Shame though. Is there a reason behnd each?

I'll try and find a pic of one I really liked for the style I want... will edit it in.

I don't have any tatoos Paj, I was just messing (sorry :heart:). I'm far too scared of pain and scared that I will regret it when I'm old and wrinkly. I don't think a tatoo would suit my personality or style either, it's just not me. I do think selective designs can look good on other people though!

ATgAAAA_FRl2inYaXCoPcc8P9-lPpoeLacEn94SAe-jAy9K1m1_8AIEmbvc_L49UEe8BfP75xSUW2gj-L5NourZ4NfwfAJtU9VABnMM3YXwOjm5m-HksVI10XpPALg.jpg

That happens to be one of the few songs I'd actually get on my arm, but I don't want to copy anyone. I love that tattoo though.

-----

I don't have any tatoos Paj, I was just messing (sorry ). I'm far too scared of pain and scared that I will regret it when I'm old and wrinkly. I don't think a tatoo would suit my personality or style either, it's just not me. I do think selective designs can look good on other people though!

You...you bitch! *throws fish*

That happens to be one of the few songs I'd actually get on my arm, but I don't want to copy anyone. I love that tattoo though.
I like the idea of having a song/lyric, also the lettering on that one is cool, perhaps a bit big though. Personally I'd like it a bit more subtle.

You...you bitch! *throws fish*
hahaha, I'm sorrrrry! I didn't think you'd actually believe me. So many jokes lost to the interwebz.

I like the idea of having a song/lyric, also the lettering on that one is cool, perhaps a bit big though. Personally I'd like it a bit more subtle.

I agree with it being too big, yeah.

hahaha, I'm sorrrrry! I didn't think you'd actually believe me. So many jokes lost to the interwebz.

*strangles Floella, Queen of The Internet*