NEurope
Tellyn

World of Warcraft

Christ alive, I spent ages getting God knows how many GB worth of patch using the background downloader (which for some reason kept resetting itself), now I have to get another 5gb. What's the point in pre downloading the patch if I have to get another 5gb when it comes out? Why not just have it in one chunk?

Guess I'll have to leave my PC on tonight/tomorrow if I want to play WoW during Extra Life.

For me, it installed it straight away only had to download something like 400mb thats it.

Love the new changes though, I have a Mage 80 thats raiding ICC and it will be something when we go tonight with new spells and rotations...wipe fest :P

Haha, some of the druid stuff is brilliant. I don't know if it's one of my addons but I get a sparkling gold box when I should be using a spell, so it's easy to figure out the rotation!

Haha, some of the druid stuff is brilliant. I don't know if it's one of my addons but I get a sparkling gold box when I should be using a spell, so it's easy to figure out the rotation!

Thats Blizzards take on Power auras! super awesome addition!

Thats Blizzards take on Power auras! super awesome addition!

OoooOOOOooo. I realised just playing on my hunter it does roughly the same thing, very very cool.

Looking over the changes I was contemplating signing back up for a month, seeing if things had changed sufficiently to tempt me back properly. In any case it seemed worth patching the game up; I often leave WoW updating if there's nothing else on my schedule, just in case.

I left it downloading all night. It reached the dizzying heights of 570MB out of 5.3GB. Maybe not, then.

Looking over the changes I was contemplating signing back up for a month, seeing if things had changed sufficiently to tempt me back properly. In any case it seemed worth patching the game up; I often leave WoW updating if there's nothing else on my schedule, just in case.

I left it downloading all night. It reached the dizzying heights of 570MB out of 5.3GB. Maybe not, then.

I would say unless you've got a decent computer and connection to leave it running for a few days.

I have a badass sky connection and my computer isn't bad by any means and it still took well over an hour to patch up, my house-mate has a brand new computer that took about the same but some friends have left them on over night and got exactly the same.

It does mean cata is going to be all kinds of huge to install...hmm. I'm hoping to wipe my desktop before then!

The thing is, every time I checked I was only getting about 20kb/s. My internet connection might not be stellar but that's the slowest Blizzard's torrents have been for a long time.

Unfortunately I can't leave things downloading during the day as I have to work within a strict download cap, making the use of the unmetred 0:00-8:00 period to grab anything sizeable.

The thing is, every time I checked I was only getting about 20kb/s. My internet connection might not be stellar but that's the slowest Blizzard's torrents have been for a long time.

Unfortunately I can't leave things downloading during the day as I have to work within a strict download cap, making the use of the unmetred 0:00-8:00 period to grab anything sizeable.

It seems it's not just you having this issue, the guy I spoke of who is having difficult is on a wireless with three other people, the other 3 have already patched and are fine, the other is having issues with a brand new computer and the wireless is working fine.

..and we even checked if he was behind a firewall.

It's mighty confusing, but hopefully you get it sorted!

It does mean cata is going to be all kinds of huge to install...hmm. I'm hoping to wipe my desktop before then!

I was thinking of a format before cata, only thing stopping me is the thought of accidentally deleting my music library like I did the last time I formatted. :blush:

I was thinking of a format before cata, only thing stopping me is the thought of accidentally deleting my music library like I did the last time I formatted. :blush:

I keep all my music/videos etc on a seperate harddrive, so there's no chance of that, all my autodesk stuff is easily gotten back, so is spotify, WoW etc. It's only microsoft works that worries me, but my mum is working on that.

:laughing:

Ugh, the patch finally got installed and I now have another 1.6gb to get. At least with the new launcher you can play it once it gets to the "Playable" part of the download. 10mb to go until Playable, then another 900mb to go.

Edit: Just playing it now. Not sure I like having to relearn my Rogue, but it doesn't seem too bad. Seem to be getting combo points a lot faster than I used to. I can easily get the full 5 points in 2 hits.

Doublepost/Edit 2: Gave this a proper play. I'm quite liking my rogue now. I used to be able to get a max hit of 1500 (pathetic I know, I'm learning). With the new system/character build, I managed quite a few 3000's.

Things I prefer:

My combo points can be used for a brief period after an enemy has died, meaning I can use them on Slice and Dice and Recover (I think that's what it's called).

Recover is new and awesome. Basically means I can use combo points to heal myself a bit.

I now have Mutilate a bit earlier. It's ace.

Quite a few new abilities. They're only little things, but they help.

Things I don't like as much:

Only one skill tree (at least until 1 is full)

It feels like there is less skills/abilities.

Feels a bit "dumbed down". I blame the Wii/fucking casuals/the Taliban/Margaret Thatcher etc.

Edited by Goafer
Automerged Doublepost

I think its the weakest WOW intro to date but its still better than 90% of the stuff out there.

Halloween events started today.

I liked it, though it does make Deathwing look ridiculously powerful.

I liked it, though it does make Deathwing look ridiculously powerful.

Well let's be honest..he is the biggest badasses thing on all of warcraft.

So we can let that slide alittle. :blush:

Chose if you only like 10% why do you even play?! GTFO.

My fave WoW cinematics in order...

WOTLK

Vanilla WoW

Cataclysm

YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!

Love the Arthas one with his Dad and Sindergosa...so much lore...I love Warcraft lore <3

Well let's be honest..he is the biggest badasses thing on all of warcraft.

Yeah I get that, but when his hands are litterally melting Stormwind it's a bit pathetic to think that 25 tiny people are going to take him down.

Yeah I get that, but when his hands are litterally melting Stormwind it's a bit pathetic to think that 25 tiny people are going to take him down.

Yeah was thinking the same thing while watching the trailer, it be lame taking in a 10/25 but hopefully its something different!

It will take a while to get to him. We only got to Lich King this year...

It will take a while to get to him. We only got to Lich King this year...

Whats your point?

The longer we wait the more believable that a 10 or 25 man raid will take down a monster that single handedly re-shaped the world?

I imagine there will be something to make him less powerful, a reason why 10/25 people can take him down, after all the lich king had the same thing as he was far too bad ass anyway.

phht we've killed his son and daughter without too much trouble at level 60 so 25 extra levels should make it easy to kill him! ;)

seriously though I would expect that the other Dragonflights will be involved in the Boss battle to kill him

we've had outside help on the boss fights for Illidan and Lich King so I would assume something along those lines as well

So hunters finally got a dps increase today/yesterday, I'm glad, I've not touched my hunter since the new patch and I don't think I will til cata now, it's just all over the place.

Luckily my druid is very close to 80 so I'll keep levelling her for a while.