• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm having to play with a composite/scart connection (whatever you call it) because I knicked an HDMI cable a friend had when they had no use for it, but had to give it back to him at my party last night because he got a huud tuuv for Christmas. Had to wave it goodbye, it was very hard to hand it over.

Consequently, Fallout and the XMB look shite once again.

I'm having to play with a composite/scart connection (whatever you call it) because I knicked an HDMI cable a friend had when they had no use for it, but had to give it back to him at my party last night because he got a huud tuuv for Christmas. Had to wave it goodbye, it was very hard to hand it over.

These are hard times, my friend.

Get a £2 one off Amazon, they do the same thing regardless of the price. That's what I did.

It's more an issue of acclimatisation and software calibration, I think. For instance I find aiming on the PS3 version of BF1943 to have a subtler central deadzone than the 360 version, making small adjustments whilst sniping easier. I doubt you'll find anyone complaining about using a DS3 to play Modern Warfare 2, either, as Infinity Ward obviously spent a good amount of time tweaking things. On the flip side I've never felt comfortable with Killzone 2's aiming, even post patch; on the 360 side of things Perfect Dark Zero's stick calibration ruined what was otherwise an alright — if bitterly disappointing — game.

I think my perfect gamepad would be a 360 controller with the d-pad and face buttons of a DS3. As is I'd say the DualShock with RealTriggers clinches it for all round versatility.

Hell no!!! Perfect controller would be the 360 one with a DS3 D-Pad. The 360 face buttons be awesome!

:grin:

I got 4 (out of 5 platinums) this year, due to trophy support becoming compulsory in all 2009 games of course. Have no plans to top that really, don't really get to play as many games as everyone else. Play for the same amount of time though.

Got a problem, my PS3 controller doesnt seem to be able to find the PS3 anymore unless the charging cable is attached. Anyone heard of this before and know if its a problem with the PS3 or the controller?

EDIT: Managed to sort it by pulling the cable out while it was searching, didnt work yesterday doing that but thankfully this morning it seems to

Edited by Happenstance

Got a problem, my PS3 controller doesnt seem to be able to find the PS3 anymore unless the charging cable is attached. Anyone heard of this before and know if its a problem with the PS3 or the controller?

EDIT: Managed to sort it by pulling the cable out while it was searching, didnt work yesterday doing that but thankfully this morning it seems to

This happened to me a month back, by searching I learnt you can reset the controller by poking the small hole with a needle at the back of the controller (the really small one - if you're looking at the back of the controller it's the one above the label to the top-right) and then the system will recognise it once plugged in.

When I read about it I thought it was a joke but apparently not. Surprised I didn't know about this earlier, I've had the ps3 for over a year.

Ratchet & Clank Platinum Get!!! :D

The game any good? And what about the plot? I have Tools Of Destruction but I never got around playing it (lent it to a mate) and I know that there is Quest For Booty. Should I play them before I play A Crack in Time?

Just started GoW II since I got the GoW Platinum some time ago. Love this game.

I think I'm getting too old for this Platinum shit.

I've got "0" Platinum Trophies.

I get bored too easily.

Well done to people that can get at least 1 Platinum Trophy, you have great discipline. You would all make Ken Kutagari proud.

I'm the same, I did try and get one for Batman: AA, or other games I really enjoy, but I'm not about to go through my whole collection to fill up some holes..

Hey guys, I'm seriously thinking about getting a PS3 soon. Mainly for Final Fantasy XIII (I know it's on Xbox too...) and the blu-ray player. Two things though, I can only really afford/have room to get a 25"ish 720p tv to go with it, will the games and blu ray films look any better than on an SD Tv? And in my halls of residence at Uni they've blocked games consoles from connecting to the internet, obviously I won't be living here forever but is it still worth getting a PS3 even though it won't be online for half a year?

Hey guys, I'm seriously thinking about getting a PS3 soon. Mainly for Final Fantasy XIII (I know it's on Xbox too...) and the blu-ray player. Two things though, I can only really afford/have room to get a 25"ish 720p tv to go with it, will the games and blu ray films look any better than on an SD Tv? And in my halls of residence at Uni they've blocked games consoles from connecting to the internet, obviously I won't be living here forever but is it still worth getting a PS3 even though it won't be online for half a year?

I'd say yes it is still worth it...there is plenty of stuff you can still be going...although you might have problems with games that perhaps need game fixing patches..

Yeah definitely. Not every game requires online usage and whilst it may restrict you from playing certain aspects of games, it's not like your there forever and you don't buy a PS3 with the intention to only use it for 6 months. To answer your other question. Yes, games and Blu Rays will look far better in 720p than they do in normal SD.

Hey sexy, if you get a 26" 720p TV (they don't come in 25") make sure it has 24p playback. Then there will be a huge difference. 24p playback makes video playback super smooth and it looks amazing.

Hey sexy, if you get a 26" 720p TV (they don't come in 25") make sure it has 24p playback. Then there will be a huge difference. 24p playback makes video playback super smooth and it looks amazing.

I just got 32" which does full 1080p and 24p playback and can confirm it's ace.