Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

McPhee

Quick question. Do you think the PS3 will get a price cut at E3? Im asking because after playing LBP at my mates the other night im seriously thinking about picking one up...again. :) I just don't want to fork out £300 and then next month the thing gets a price drop.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wait a month. If it does it does and you get, at most, £50 off.

If it doesn't it is only £50 which in the grand scheme of waiting for a price drop has made the difference of a year. Also, it isn't unlikely that due to the strength of the pound, the price is dropped here, at least by that much. I'm only guessing that last part.

In conclusion, go buy one now. (Yeah, not sure how I arrived at that either.)

Pure just got tropies. Anyone got it?

It's f*cking hard.

Will rent. The added Singstar trophies are really easy though. Only take afew minutes as well.

A couple of other games were also getting trophy updates(NFSU and Disagaea.

I want this: :(DSC00405.jpg

Edited by Choze

Quick question. Do you think the PS3 will get a price cut at E3? Im asking because after playing LBP at my mates the other night im seriously thinking about picking one up...again. :) I just don't want to fork out £300 and then next month the thing gets a price drop.

Depends how long you want to wait for one, I'd personally expect a drop around September time so if you want one soonish I wouldn't bother waiting. If you're not too fussed I'd hold out until then at least.

The added Singstar trophies are really easy though. Only take afew minutes as well.

You joking?

I've got about 10/12% of them but the rest are not easy.

I only just got the trophy for nailing 'cool' on every line. I'll get the gold note one next.

Doesn't help I refuse to upload stuff.

Depends how long you want to wait for one' date=' I'd personally expect a drop around September time so if you want one soonish I wouldn't bother waiting. If you're not too fussed I'd hold out until then at least.[/quote']

I go through phases where I really want one but I manage to shake them off. After playing LBP the other day that feeling went into overdrive and with inFamous around the corner it isn't really helping :)

I know for a fact I will have one before the year is out as I need to play Uncharted 2 seeing as I rate the first game one of the best games this generation. Also Ratchet and Clank is out this year which is another must have title for me. Its like 07 again as it was Uncharted and Ratchet that got me to buy my 1st PS3 :D

I know I'm one to talk but you just should buy one and keep it ;)

I had a feeling you would post that :)

Yeah I know. I sold my 1st one because it kept acting up on me and then I sold my 2nd after MGS4 as there was only Resistance 2 I was interested in that was coming out. Now there are a healthy amount out of games that I want, such as...

LBP

Killzone 2

Resistance 2

Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty

Naruto

Valkyria Chronicles

inFamous

Siren

Flower

I also wouldn't mind going through MGS4 and Uncharted again with the possibilty of trying Lair now that a patch is out for the controls.

So yeah all the positives are there for me to go and pick one up, its whether I want to spend the cash on it again or not though.

Upload anything. Like Sackboy.

Yeah, I uploaded a picture of my living room wall. But that's one trophy. After you get the initial batch of bronzes the rest are quite an effort.

It will probably take me about a year of casual play before nabbing some of the mid-difficulty ones.

Currently I'm working my way through BioShock. I'm enjoying it as much this time as I did the first. Especially now I realised how useful doing research with the camera is.

Can anyone tell me what you keep in the New Game +?

I've upgraded on BioShock so much that when a thuggish splicer hits me they automatically die. It's f*cking hysterical.

Valkyria Chronicles is just £20 on Amazon right now :)

Strongly recommended as its a fantastic game.

What's this like for someone who sucks at strategy RPGS?

Its very newbie friendly but because it is nothing like other SRPG. Starts off slow, teaches the new mechanics and works it way up.

One of SEGAs very best games in a while.

There's a demo on the Store that'll give you an idea of the mechanics. I'm not really into SRPGs myself, but Valkyria Chronicles is very different to your usual grid-based affairs; it's more Advance Wars than Final Fantasy Tactics.

There's a demo on the Store that'll give you an idea of the mechanics. I'm not really into SRPGs myself, but Valkyria Chronicles is very different to your usual grid-based affairs; it's more Advance Wars than Final Fantasy Tactics.

Comparing it to rehashathon that is Advance Wars is an insult. VC is refrshes the SRPG genre. No grids, realtime combat etc.

I don't want to sound shallow but for me I can't really take much of the anime art style, the game is a bit too 'fluffy' in that the game doesn't really make it seem like you are involved in a believable war. You shoot someone and 'tut-tut' they go down like Ronaldo.

I think that's enough of a reason. I thought the demo was OK.

I don't want to sound shallow but for me I can't really take much of the anime art style, the game is a bit too 'fluffy' in that the game doesn't really make it seem like you are involved in a believable war. You shoot someone and 'tut-tut' they go down like Ronaldo.

I think that's enough of a reason. I thought the demo was OK.

Well it does have serious themes. The cartoon style goes well. Its quite upbeat and postive in the face of themes that include genocide to soldiers questioning what they fight for. Its quite different and isnt afraid funnily enough compared to darker games :) The pencil shading is really nice too. Certainly dont see how cartoon aspects bring the game down.

The game does have quite afew fantasy elements too. Which is what the game's title is based on.

Comparing it to rehashathon that is Advance Wars is an insult. VC is refrshes the SRPG genre. No grids, realtime combat etc.

I was comparing it to two games that I imagine most people have some experience with, not directly equating the titles; pork is more beef than chicken. It may be more accurate to liken Valkyria Chronicles to Ring of Red, but who's ever played that game? I know I haven't.

Anyway, Xi is getting progressively more interesting. I logged in today to find a set of Holomails asking me to pick a side. I haven't made a choice yet as I still need to read up on a few things, but I hope there are plans for more ARG-ish activities in the future; I log into Home every couple of days to see what's new in The Hub, so hopefully there'll be a new reason to do so once Xi's all done and dusted.

I'm in the Genesis Collective. They sound like a bunch of commies though.

One of the rumours going round is that Xi is kind of like a Home airport so everyone will be able to visit the different regions. T'would be cool but I doubt it.

Edit: Any still hasn't got Burnout, it's £11.80.

https://www.coolshop.co.uk/catalog/product/54857-burnout-paradise-(uk)--for-ps3

Edited by Daft

See, I'm not convinced that Xi is a thing that's going to be revealed. I'm pretty sure it's just a McGuffin to drive the ARG forward; it's a story telling device, a carrot that can't be reached.

I hope I'm wrong and it turns out to be some amazing new functionality for the service — I don't want to dismiss it's accomplishments, but there's so much room for improvement — but I can see a lot of people ending up disappointed and cursing Sony until they're blue in the face, completely forgetting the fun they had following the Xi paper trail.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!