N-Europe

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

McPhee

is anyone else looking at valkyria chronicals?

its a stratergy rpg, like fire emblem, but with real time within each turn(imagine guiding troops away from fire as they move etc)

its from sega, apparently the team who did arcadia, vyse and aika make a cameio.

troops back stories and sexuality are taken into acount. country boys do well on grass and mud whilst city boys are better on tarmack. units work better around there prefered sex, so straight men work well with straight women whilst homosexual men work well with outher men.

lots of nice ideas in there, might pick it up after christmas.

I have it, yet to play it though. I might do it after Fallout 3

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

Mirrors Edge has had mixed reviews, and apparently it is very short.

Thing is everyone here was raving about it here and I thought 'yeah it's all right' but now I'm not convinced about it. Won't be picking it up.

I always thought it would be the case that it was a one trick pony that was quite short, one to pick up next year for me.

Anyone got any opinions on Naruto on the PS3? I adored the DEMO and want to pick it up when it drops in price. I'm sure someone was talking about getting it. Impressions would be good :D

I rented it for abit but am short on time so took it back for Mirro's Edge and Valkyria for now.

Graphics are good and faithful to Naruto. Fighting is fine.

Camera is low. loading is slow.

Cant say much else. I think Naruto fans will like it though. I will dig into it later.

Anyone got any opinions on Naruto on the PS3? I adored the DEMO and want to pick it up when it drops in price. I'm sure someone was talking about getting it. Impressions would be good :D

Been trying to get this game ever since it came out, but from the shops so I can trade in some games. SOLD OUT everywhere, at least in the south london area. Retailers say it's 'Surprisingly popular'. Of COURSE it's gonna be popular. Retards I swear.

Ahem.

If you haven't got Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction in your PS3 library then get it! It's only £12 in Cex and now that I've finished Falout I'm playing this more and it is quality.

In fact a few of the ideas for the game have been copied by Mario Galaxy. Anyway, the weapons are great, the planet environments are awesome and there are some very funny moments in it.

I loled at 2 bits, one of them being this platforming section where these lasers are trying to stop you from getting through doors, I did it easily enough and then Ratchet says 'Haha, laser grids... They never learn'

Moments like tat make games.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=cLE1oRjxyJA

Was just searching Wikipedia for PS3 exclusives and found this, Red Dead Revolver 2.

Looks kind of like GUN, which I had on the GC and I thought it was a pretty good game.

the first one rated pretty averagely but you never know.

Game was made by Rockstar I think. Pretty good game but I didnt get into it too deeply. But seeing as GTA went multiplatform, would not be surprised if this one went the same way too.

Speaking of PS3 exclusives, aside from the obvious obligatory Killzone, Resistance sequels and all that jazz... is there anything exclusive coming that's y'know, a bit more original? I'm finding less reasons to justify owning a PS3 atm, possibly mainly because there is so much out on the 360 but when things start to cool down a bit I may think about getting a new exclusive PS3 game, just wondered if there was much on the retail horizon that might interest me. :smile:

Might i suggest Elefunk and Castlevania SoTN (if you havent got it on XBLA)

Im personally looking forward to God of War 3 SFIV, White Knight, FFXIII, Alpha Protocol, and the lightning-hand guy game whose name escapes me at the moment but god knows when most of those will come out

Well, I don't see much original stuff on Xbox either, but I don't mind too much because the more traditional games are getting so much better.

Exclusives that make me excited for present and future: Resistance 2, Killzone 2, Motorstorm: Pacific Rift, Little Big Planet, Metal Gear Solid 4, Uncharted: Drakes Fortune, Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm, Yakuza 3, Infamous, Gran Turismo 5, God of War 3, Wipeout, Tekken 6, MAG, Singstar. (Tekken 6 is shamefully multiplatform now :()

Then there's the multiplatform games that I really want and already have which include: Call of Duty, BioShock, Resident Evil 5, Timesplitters 4, Fallout 3.

Plus tonnes of other PSN games.

So all in all there's too much stuff I could buy and that's not mentioning the titles that have yet to be announced for 2009 and beyond.

just so much out on the 360 atm but maybe when it gets quiet (or if it does)

That would be when it's unplugged, yes?

Not enough tongue-in-cheek console bashing going on these days.

Anyway, do you have LBP? That's both exclusive and original. If you've ever enjoyed Mario Golf then apparently Everybody's Golf: World Tour is fantastic, although I haven't tried it myself. I've heard nothing but good things about Valkyria Chronicles, and it's my designated Christmas game — there's a demo available through the Store. Speaking of which, both PixelJunk Eden and Monsters are PSN titles worth a look, although they're somewhat divisive and can get rather difficult.

As for the future, Team ICO are bound to come out with something that would force me to buy a PS3 if I didn't already own one. inFamous should hopefully be the sequel to Crackdown we aren't going to get. Yakuza 3 looks like a fantastic, less po-faced Shenmue for the normal mapped generation. I'm really interested in seeing if Quantic Dream can deliver on the promise of Fahrenheit with Heavy Rain, and I'm also rather hopeful about The Agency. There's a few PSN titles on my radar, too, such as Flower and Gamibako. Oh, I still have my fingers crossed for a localisation of Afrika; it's all about shooting animals, just with a camera as opposed to a gun.

People always sat there are "no games for the PS3", but what they really mean is, "I can get the majority of PS3 games on the 360." Which is fair enough, but it always annoys me when people discount third-party titles like they don't count: if I took that approach towards the 360 then there would now be "no games" for it until Alan Wake, as that's the next exclusive I'm interested in. What it comes down to is that if you have one, the other machine will always be a bit superfluous. But if you're really into your games knowing that you're 'covered' and will be able to play any of the great games that come out, regardless of platform, is a price worth paying. For the majority of people the consoles are too comparable to warrant owning both, though.