• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

OOOOk my friend brought the ps3 down from leeds today as I bought it off her boyfriend. Looks impeccable. Still has the original packaging. even with all the plastic. BUT I don't have an HDTV (yet) and so when I turn the thing on, I cant see anything on my tv even though its connected by that faux scart cable. I forget what its really called but I know the person I bought it off had an HDTV so Im thinking it has been set to that mode and thus, that is why I cannot see anything. If that is correct, is there anyway I can fix this apart from buying and HD compatible set?

I've got a 320Gb Western Digital. Can't remember where from.... online somewhere.

Just make sure the HDD you get is 5200rpm. Minimizes the heat.

Ayone else know you can rotate the Playstation logo under the disk slot so it can be upright if your PS3 is vertical or not? I like that little detail. :D

I've got a 320Gb Western Digital. Can't remember where from.... online somewhere.

Just make sure the HDD you get is 5200rpm. Minimizes the heat.

Ayone else know you can rotate the Playstation logo under the disk slot so it can be upright if your PS3 is vertical or not? I like that little detail. :D

Ah yeah! Tis true! Was the same with the PS2. Will try ebuyer. Has to be a laptop hard drive right?

I've seen this one recommended a few times, and £60 seems like a nice price. I almost bought one myself, but I don't need it right this second and I figure HDDs are only going to get cheaper.

Yup. That's exactly the one I hunted down. Waiting until next weeks paycheck (ack! just remembered that i was ill one day so its' going to be a little light!) before I get it. Thank god I can use my SCART cable for the PS2 for my PS3. Obviously a temporary solution till i get an HDTV. Looking at this one but not so sure as I want it to be decent with my wii as well and have enough SCART sockets for my PS2 and Xbox. Linky

Fuck me the PS3 is awesome. Just connected my almost full 500gb external hard drive, and even though it TRIED to say there were no videos, after you go to the option, show all, you can go directly to the vids and it plays them with no problems. Just watching one of the most epic episodes of 24 on my TV. Fan Fucking tastic! Sorry for the crude language but I feel it is the most appropriate way to show my first day joy at getting this console.

I've switched my 360 on once since getting my PS3. Only for about 20 minutes and then it went back to sleep. Now it's in its box. The PS3 is just so much smoother. Rez summed it up, it's "nicer". :D

I might have switched it back on for Fable 2 but since LittleBigPlanet is out a week later, I'm not going to bother.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!